Menu

February 2, 2020

Charlize Theron In Christian Dior Haute Couture – 2020 BAFTAs

Charlize Theron In Christian Dior Haute Couture - 2020 BAFTAs

With freshly done roots, Charlize Theron offered a glorious burst of colour at the 2020 BAFTAs on Sunday (February 2) in London.

We haven’t exactly loved all the looks that the ‘Bombshell’ actress and nominee has served during awards season.

But, I think this fuchsia Dior Haute Couture gown may resonate a delightful shift with its sculpted bodice and flowing skirt for a sexy yet laid-back flair — the black belt adding a final touch of edge.

I think she could have swapped the necklace for a statement pair of earrings.

Credit: Getty

, , , , , , , ,

Renée Zellweger In Prada - 2020 BAFTAs

Renée Zellweger In Prada – 2020 BAFTAs

Jodie Turner-Smith In Gucci - 2020 BAFTAs

Jodie Turner-Smith In Gucci – 2020 BAFTAs

22 Responses to Charlize Theron In Christian Dior Haute Couture – 2020 BAFTAs

1. Noor February 5, 2020 at 4:57 am #

A refreshing color & not boring like any of her previous tries. Jewelry choice is confusing.

2. JohnM219 February 3, 2020 at 6:52 pm #

This looks like she picked this up in a BCBG back in 2010.

It’s gonna be a no from me on this one as well.

3. Guest February 3, 2020 at 4:51 pm #

Meh. This is a Natalie Portman gown from 2008.

4. Guest February 3, 2020 at 3:56 pm #

I love this color on her, it’s such a change of pace. BUT the necklace has got to go, you are 1000% correct. An emerald drop earring would have elevated this look.

5. Originalmeme February 3, 2020 at 2:01 pm #

I don’t like the bodice at all. At least her hair looks better.

6. Guest February 3, 2020 at 1:56 pm #

Satisfying our cravings for anything but BLACK, this magenta Christian Dior gown comes as a lovely surprise for the LBD fonded Oscar winning actress!! Queen Charlize looks stunning and gorgeous as usual, so this gets a two thumbs up from me indeed!!

7. SarahS95 February 3, 2020 at 10:21 am #

This for sure is an improvement but honestly why is the belt there?? It’s doing nothing!! It just feels very random like oh we need something in this middle section here is a thin black belt that was lying around. But other than that mini belt rant this is on the up and up

8. MissCoco February 3, 2020 at 10:20 am #

What a difference a good constructed bodice can make! Look at that waist! Beautiful colour and neckline… overall a win! Great!

9. Catarina_M February 3, 2020 at 10:11 am #

I really love this… minus the necklace. Amazing color. Even her hair looks good.

10. Guest February 3, 2020 at 8:27 am #

It looks like sbd forced her to wear it. Not her style. Nevertheless she looks good. I would choose an even “louder” necklace.

11. Guest February 3, 2020 at 7:52 am #

She looks great! I love the pop of color, and that skinny black belt sets it off nicely. The subtle pleating is very flattering. While I was initially thrown off a bit by the deep v of the bodice, it’s grown on me and looks flattering.

12. Guest February 3, 2020 at 7:43 am #

Back to those days when she looked like she owned the red carpet. I think she could have gone for a better repeat but this is still a good look on her. I like the necklace actually, it gives a badass vibe typical to most of her looks.

13. Guest February 3, 2020 at 7:05 am #

Beautiful. Very good use of color

14. Guest February 3, 2020 at 1:11 am #

The gown itself is very beautiful, but it’s not her dress. I don’t know if I can articular this properly, but I just don’t believe her in this dress.

15. Guest February 2, 2020 at 11:02 pm #

Nah. I mean she’s looked worse… but she can look a helluva lot
    better. Not her colour or silhouette, and the necklace/belt pairing is off

16. Guest February 2, 2020 at 8:40 pm #

Unwanted necklace aside, this is a great look from Charlize. I love the bold colour and subtle pleating. This takes me back to the period when she was the main face of Dior. Her hair here looks good.

17. Guest February 2, 2020 at 8:37 pm #

..and I like how the gown is flowy yet holds the shape at the same time. Could’ve lived w/o the necklace but it’s not really bringing down the look.

18. Phee phee February 2, 2020 at 8:35 pm #

This seems refreshing on her. Not so dull and serious.
    I love the color. The flowing skirt is really pretty.
    The wide V works although never my fave.
    I dont think the necklace was the right choice. I agree about statement earrings. Big black ones to match the belt.
    overall, good though.

19. CharlotteLG February 2, 2020 at 8:34 pm #

I agree about the necklace, it doesn’t add anything to the look.
    The fit of the bodice looks a bit weird, we can expect better from Dior.
    I think her LV gold dress would have worked better here.

20. Guest February 2, 2020 at 8:34 pm #

I think it’s a beautiful look for her, I like this color on her, something different for a change.

21. Vizual Ninja February 2, 2020 at 8:34 pm #

Though I prefer her in more edgier looks, I think the dress is lovely, I really like the colour. Not so sure about the hair and I agree the necklace doesn’t work.

22. P&P February 2, 2020 at 8:30 pm #

Nah. It’s boring and the color doesn’t go with her complexion, it makes her look kind of orange?