Menu

January 27, 2020 Runway To The Stage

Cynthia Erivo In Valentino Haute Couture – 2020 Grammy Awards

Cynthia Erivo In Valentino Haute Couture - 2020 Grammy Awards

After a rare miss at the Pre-Grammy Gala, Cynthia Erivo was back to herself — and her big-gown M.O. — at the 2020 Grammy Awards on Sunday (January 26) in LA.

It appears she skipped the red carpet, but she did give Lizzo her first award of the night, when presenting the Best Pop Solo Performance.

I do kind of wish this Valentino Spring 2019 Haute Couture gown was given its red-carpet moment, as it was just the right kind of over-the-top with the overgenerous ruffles and ditzy, flower-power print.

I continue to be perplexed — in a good way — how the petite star can navigate such extravagant dresses so well.

Valentino Spring 2019 Haute Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , , ,

Alessandra Ambrosio In Balmain - 2020 Grammy Awards

Alessandra Ambrosio In Balmain – 2020 Grammy Awards

Ariana Grande In Schiaparelli Haute Couture - 2020 Grammy Awards

Ariana Grande In Schiaparelli Haute Couture – 2020 Grammy Awards

10 Responses to Cynthia Erivo In Valentino Haute Couture – 2020 Grammy Awards

1. JohnM219 January 27, 2020 at 5:45 pm #

Very over the wide V, however, she looks great. Happy to dress has ‘deflated’ somewhat since the runway show.

2. Guest January 27, 2020 at 1:43 pm #

Feels like a missed opportunity to wear this on a big red carpet. I prefer the plunge on the model but she wears the gown well.

3. Catarina_M January 27, 2020 at 10:09 am #

No: too much fabric, too much boobs.

4. Guest January 27, 2020 at 3:58 am #

No. I too am thoroughly tired of these super wide vee necks down to the waist. Occasionally these necklines work, but most of the time, not.

5. KseniaBradner January 27, 2020 at 3:33 am #

Cynthia’s Petite Power was headscratchingly displayed for mere presenting. This masterpiece deserved her time to shine on the red carpet. YO CYNTHIA WHY.

6. Guest January 27, 2020 at 3:14 am #

I am getting tired of these super wide vs. They do not work on most of these women who are wearing them and this is no exception. These dresses are designed for model-sized breasts.

7. Guest January 27, 2020 at 3:10 am #

Without the deep V the layer upon layer of printed fabric would most definitely have overwhelmed her. It does break it up somewhat. Having said that I am not a fan of this look.

8. Guest January 27, 2020 at 3:02 am #

I’m dissappionted
    Cynthia usually brings unusual gowns to life but not this time

The gown looks better on the model

9. Phee phee January 27, 2020 at 3:01 am #

Nope.
    the V is too wide. very unflattering, and for most women…. I have been saying that alot it feels like. I guess that extra large V is trending.
    Its just too hyper-focused on flattened boobs. not just her, all of the ones wearing this trend.

Anywaysss, the dress is not the prettiest. the colors look washed out. The ruffles limp. the pattern quite silly. the excess jewelry on her fingers are a no.

10. Guest January 27, 2020 at 2:53 am #

I know it’s the Grammys, but I’m over all the excessive boobage. If the V wasn’t so wide, I’d like this much more.