Menu

January 27, 2020

Ariana Grande In Givenchy Haute Couture – 2020 Grammy Awards

Ariana Grande In Givenchy Haute Couture - 2020 Grammy Awards

The 2020 Grammy Awards performance by Ariana Grande marked a triumphant return to the awards show after snubbing the 2019 awards over a disagreement with the show’s producers.

Having worn two custom grey Haute Couture gowns by Giambattista Valli and Schiaparelli, the singer opted to something different for her performance.

Different in colour, not in volume.

As the face of Givenchy, we were yet to see the singer wear a single look from the fashion house, outside of the fashion campaign, so I was happy to see her wearing a Givenchy Haute Couture gown, designed by Clare Waight Keller, for her live performance.

The emerald green satin long gown was probably my favourite of the three, as grey isn’t really a colour I warm to, but I can appreciate the design aspects of the other two.

I love how the matching opera gloves and emerald jewels heighten the glamour.

Which was your favourite look of the three?

, , , , , , , , , ,

Camila Cabello In Atelier Versace - 2020 Grammy Awards Performance

Camila Cabello In Atelier Versace – 2020 Grammy Awards Performance

Lizzo In Atelier Versace - 2020 Grammy Awards

Lizzo In Atelier Versace – 2020 Grammy Awards

21 Responses to Ariana Grande In Givenchy Haute Couture – 2020 Grammy Awards

1. Guest January 28, 2020 at 2:58 am #

I mean, these are all terrible! I love Rihanna but I don’t think I can ever forgive her for starting to big ball gown trend amongst popstars. Rihanna can pull it off…Ariana can not!

2. Guest January 27, 2020 at 10:57 pm #

It just wasn’t Ariana’s night, neither awards wise nor fashion wise.

3. CharlotteLG January 27, 2020 at 8:41 pm #

I don’t get how she ended up with such a dress, being the face of the house! It doesn’t work on her, the styling is too much and the hairstyle is cheap.
    I didn’t like any of her 3 looks of the night, none of them work on her.

4. Guest January 27, 2020 at 7:19 pm #

Loving the color, but the design seems so plain and generic for a custom, even basic. I’ll vote for GV – I wasn’t excited about the color but they created a beautifully dramatic design with the tulle, and I’m glad she didn’t overload on the jewels. Also grey was unexpected and kept the look from being sugary.

5. Guest January 27, 2020 at 6:02 pm #

Was Ariana getting paid some sort of per mm² of fabric bonus? The outfits all looked costumey

6. KseniaBradner January 27, 2020 at 5:50 pm #

Ariana Grande and Givenchy are a terrible match, and she barely wears the brand. This would move me more on someone like Celine Dion.

7. Guest January 27, 2020 at 5:47 pm #

I understand why she chose the Valli for her entrance despite being a Givenchy spokesperson, because this is a mess. Custom? There’s a pool of fabric at the bottom. The skirt is unflattring. The only thing I like are the earrings

8. JohnM219 January 27, 2020 at 5:39 pm #

Very pretty in theory.

However, she has to start to start dressing for her height and beyond petite frame. This isn’t even a train, but an olympic sized swimming pool of fabric.

9. Originalmeme January 27, 2020 at 5:25 pm #

The color is gorgeous but why choose 3 huge dresses. She’s drowning in this one.

10. Catarina_M January 27, 2020 at 5:23 pm #

The color is amazing and that jewelry is stunning. But it looks loose on the bust and there’s way too much fabric for her small figure.
    *Ignoring the ponytail*

11. Los_NGLS January 27, 2020 at 5:17 pm #

There is my Givenchy!… And there is so much of it! Impossible to tell if that is just a train piled off to the side cause she’s sitting, but that dress looks way too long.

Also, I think Cynthia needs to teach a few of the girls her big dress secrets. Ari always looks like she’s being swallowed by these giant gowns a little. She reminds me of cake toppers on Quinceañera cakes.

• Los_NGLS January 27, 2020 at 5:19 pm #

And I voted for the Givenchy solely based on color.

12. Guest January 27, 2020 at 4:50 pm #

The colour is beautiful but that’s too much gown

She’s trying to have a Rihanna moment with the huge gowns. Remember when Rihanna wore that giant pink gown to the Grammys, that’s what she’s trying to do

13. Guest January 27, 2020 at 4:35 pm #

This is at least 2 sizes too big for her.

14. Phee phee January 27, 2020 at 4:23 pm #

She is positively drowning in all that fabric. It looks way too large for her.
    the color is glorious. so glad its something other than gray! But its dang big.
    also, I really hope gloves aren’t going to be a thing this year. Its ok in small doses but Ive already had my fill for the year.
    The things I covet are those jewels!! those earrings and that necklace are beyond beautiful and I want to steal them.

15. Guest January 27, 2020 at 4:22 pm #

I’m sorry, but amongst the three choices, there is nothing to vote for, so I abstain.

• Phee phee January 27, 2020 at 4:24 pm #

im with you….Im not fond of the choices for the most part. I find her looks to be gigantic but overall, pretty mediocre too.

• Guest January 27, 2020 at 4:33 pm #