Menu

January 27, 2020

Lizzo In Atelier Versace – 2020 Grammy Awards

Lizzo In Atelier Versace - 2020 Grammy Awards

Lizzo was nominated for eight awards, the most of any artist at the Grammys, but ended up taking home three on Sunday (January 25) in LA, securing Grammys in the categories of Best Traditional R&B performance for her song ‘Jerome,’ as well as best urban contemporary album for her 2019’s hit ‘Cuz I Love You,’ and Best Pop Solo.

Joining Cardi B in being one of the best dressed on the night, the singer looked gorgeous wearing her second Atelier Versace dress of the evening, donning a sensual and exceptional sheer custom-made gown enriched with hand-crafted crystal fringe accents.

Comparison have been made to Mitzi Gaynor’s Bob Mackie dress, but as fashion comes in cycles, so we shouldn’t be surprised by this.

Lizzo has always stood for body positivity, so I’m not surprised she was drawn to this look on a night where she was being celebrated for her music.

No one would bat an eye-lid if this was worn by Rihanna or Cher, so we should keep the same energy for Lizzo.

Lizzo In Atelier Versace - 2020 Grammy Awards

Credit: Getty/Versace

, , , , , , , , , ,

Ariana Grande In Givenchy Haute Couture - 2020 Grammy Awards

Ariana Grande In Givenchy Haute Couture – 2020 Grammy Awards

Alicia Keys In Atelier Versace - 2020 Grammy Awards

Alicia Keys In Atelier Versace – 2020 Grammy Awards

21 Responses to Lizzo In Atelier Versace – 2020 Grammy Awards

1. Sharon M January 28, 2020 at 12:21 pm #

Good for her! Love! I did like her black dress better…

2. Guest January 28, 2020 at 2:56 am #

I hate anything sheer regardless of the body type that wears it. Although even I have to admit that she’s rocking this. Her confidence is on another level so anything she wears will look fab.

3. Guest January 27, 2020 at 10:10 pm #

Gorgeous and glamorous! Loved the Mitzi Gaynor -Bob Mackie throw-back look on your insta story. Just goes to show how timeless this look is! I love that Lizzo wore this – she most definitely had a golden moment last night.

4. Guest January 27, 2020 at 9:03 pm #

No, just no. This cannot be one of the best dressed. It’s tacky. I’m all for celebrating our bodies but the sheerness just ruins this for me. I don’t care who’s wearing it – J. Lo, Grande, Cher, Cate Blanchett, or whoever it’s just trying too hard.

5. Guest January 27, 2020 at 7:53 pm #

Bless her. Bless her, bless her stylist, bless the tailors and bless Atelier Versace. What a look.

6. Guest January 27, 2020 at 7:02 pm #

Sorry, I’m out. This is excessively sheer regardless who wears it. She just ruined the impression achieved by her 2 previous marvelous looks.

• Guest January 27, 2020 at 8:47 pm #

..this isn’t even sheer, this is ‘nearly naked’.

7. Paola102 January 27, 2020 at 6:42 pm #

It’s so Lizzo. I love how the sheer is so close to her skin tone.

8. SarahS95 January 27, 2020 at 5:53 pm #

God Bless Lizzo!!!! I do wish there were more fringe on the sleeves but she looks so happy and radiant that that is really just a nitpick

9. KseniaBradner January 27, 2020 at 5:51 pm #

Another win for Lizzo, and I love her in fringe.

10. Guest January 27, 2020 at 5:49 pm #

If this wasn’t see-through (I’m sure it’s the angle, but it looks almost thong-like), I would’ve said she won the Grammy’s with her 2 looks. But overall, great looks.

11. Guest January 27, 2020 at 5:44 pm #

I have no energy for sheer bedazzled silver dress at this point so I pass. The arm could use more embellishments.

12. Phee phee January 27, 2020 at 5:39 pm #

I know im supposed to say I love this but I WOULD bat an eyelid if Rihanna or Cher or any of the other girls wore this.
    First of all, its extremely sheer and sheer is just tiring and old. Cardis, from the pics I saw, didn’t look nearly so sheer (I may still change my mind on that).
    Second, the fringe on the arms are really mediocre. Like they ran out of fringe so the arms just get a few strands.
    Its her worst of the three. Her other two were by far and away, superior.

13. JohnM219 January 27, 2020 at 5:36 pm #

Gorgeous look, hair and makeup and all, but do wish she had on a better undergarment.

Other than that perfection.

14. Guest January 27, 2020 at 5:35 pm #

Her makeup is gorgeous. I am not a big fan of sheer and that will not change just because Lizzo is wearing it but I am somewhat amazed by the mastery of the fabric. The technical marvel is worth admiring.

15. Guest January 27, 2020 at 5:29 pm #

I would still think this a bit tacky and dated if a slimmer star wore this so same thoughts apply about this look.

16. Originalmeme January 27, 2020 at 5:23 pm #

I hate this. And I would hate it on JLo or anyone else.

17. Catarina_M January 27, 2020 at 5:16 pm #

This is my least favourite of the three. But she looks amazing!

18. Los_NGLS January 27, 2020 at 5:10 pm #

LOVE this, she looks equally as fantastic as her first Versace of the night, but in a totally different way.

Also, what a technical marvel, how do you even attach crystal fringe to fabric without destroying the fabric?!?

If I had to nitpick, the only thing I would say this look is missing is another 2 to 3 Grammy’s that Lizzo was ROBBED of.

19. Guest January 27, 2020 at 4:57 pm #

Love love love

Very flattering

Im happy She’s giving us different silhouettes cause most plus size ladies always stick to one type of gown design (Octavia Spencer, adele)

And She won 3 grammys in one night, cause she is what? THAT BITCH.

20. Guest January 27, 2020 at 4:50 pm #

I wish the arms were more bedazzled. They look a little sparse, but over all I love it. Her beauty look is gorgeous as well.