Menu

January 14, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Marion Cotillard Wore Chanel Haute Couture To The Cesar Revelations 2020 Dinner

Marion Cotillard Wore Chanel Haute Couture To The Cesar Revelations 2020 Dinner

Marion Cotillard joined Isabelle Huppert for the Cesar Revelations 2020 photocall held at Petit Palais on Monday (January 13) in Paris, France, which marks her first red carpet appearance of 2020.

Would you consider wearing Haute Couture to a photocall overdressing?

Outside of Cannes, I would be tempted to say yes, but as this event was representing the French Oscars, and it was hosted by Chanel, I would say no.

Regarding the Chanel Fall 2019 Haute Couture dress itself, feels like it was intended for someone more mature.

I can picture this on Allison Janney, or Judith Light, two glamorous, tall women wearing this look, but I’m not getting that good vibe from Marion.

Perhaps the sweat-look hair is throwing me off.

What are you thoughts?

Chanel Fall 2019 Haute Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , ,

SALE ALERT: NET-A-PORTER CLEARANCE IS HERE

SALE ALERT: NET-A-PORTER CLEARANCE IS HERE

Selena Gomez's Miu Miu Crystal Trim Mini Dress

Selena Gomez’s Miu Miu Crystal Trim Mini Dress

22 Responses to Marion Cotillard Wore Chanel Haute Couture To The Cesar Revelations 2020 Dinner

1. Guest January 16, 2020 at 5:08 pm #

As usual with Marion, no.

2. Sharon M January 15, 2020 at 1:50 pm #

Terrible, including the hair. I used to like her looks…not for a while now…

3. lmkw January 15, 2020 at 11:26 am #

I really love this dress but I don’t love it on Marion. She just looks a little…sloppy? But I also don’t love the dress on the runway model so maybe it’s meant to be loved on the hanger.

4. Catarina_M January 15, 2020 at 8:33 am #

Marion Cotillard style is overrated. The last outings (remember Cannes?!) prove it, she takes risk that usually don’t pay off.
    The hair looks licked… blerghh.

5. Guest January 15, 2020 at 6:16 am #

I like it. Love the print and even the hair. I don’t care for the bow, but then again, I am not normally a fan of bows.

6. Guest January 15, 2020 at 12:12 am #

One word — overrated.

7. Originalmeme January 15, 2020 at 12:07 am #

Well, she shouldn’t have. Marion is so beautiful and has the worst stylist

8. KseniaBradner January 14, 2020 at 11:02 pm #

I always get excited to see Marion on the red carpet even though I rarely like what she wears, and I wanted to figure out why. So I ended up doing a deep Marion Cotillard dive, reading and watching tons of interviews, and reviewing her red carpet history.

I have come to the loving conclusion that Marion Cotillard is bonkers in both a good and bad way. Thank god she’s a successful privileged actress because Marion is clearly a very highly-strung sensitive, delicate flower who easily gets overwhelmed at the slightest of inconveniences (girly gets insanely flustered when a restaurant is closed, for example) and is an airhead outside of a movie set (she loves conspiracies and the *only* reason she wouldn’t work with Woody Allen is because she didn’t click with him when they worked together on Midnight In Paris). The only reason I mention Marion Cotillard is objectively bonkers is that it may explain her style.

I have realized she has a mercurial style that see-saws between the chic conservatism expected of French movie stars, and random fun or inexplicable experimentation, within the same day.

Really, I say this all lovingly because Marion Cotillard is still so f-cking captivating onscreen (I make the distinction because she is known for being stoned during interviews) and I’m always still excited to see what she wears. As for this look, I don’t like it but I’m still not bored. AHA! The reason I still love Marion Cotillard is because she isn’t boring. There we go.

• Guest January 15, 2020 at 4:26 am #

AMEN! Couldn’t agree more! Not only is she an amazing actress, but there is also something so captivating about her… and I always look forward to seeing her on the red carpet…

9. Guest January 14, 2020 at 10:22 pm #

Love it! Marion had some dreadful moments in fashion last year. This is lovely, dont mind the hair either.’The dress is interesting and flattering.

10. CharlotteLG January 14, 2020 at 10:00 pm #

I don’t get the hair and the whole look is pretty sad.

11. Guest January 14, 2020 at 9:51 pm #

I actually really like the dress, but the hair is distracting, I would have liked to see it pulled back.

12. Phee phee January 14, 2020 at 8:31 pm #

‘Would you consider wearing Haute Couture to a photocall overdressing? ‘
    NO NEVER!! It should be done more often 🙂

• Phee phee January 14, 2020 at 8:33 pm #

As to Marions look, I like the dress, but without the unnecessary sheer piece. Perhaps needed a sleeker do too.

13. Guest January 14, 2020 at 7:55 pm #

It’s better than the Balmain & gymwear at Cannes. The dress is fine, Keira Knightley would have been my pick for it but mostly just wish her hair looked more polished.

• Katelynn4 January 16, 2020 at 6:48 am #

Eastindian Group fired Marilyn Suarez in New Hampshire but Marilyn now earnes $95643working with Groupon from home………..easyjob50.com

14. Mady1908 January 14, 2020 at 7:35 pm #

don’t mind the dress, hate the hair. Period.

15. Maya_S January 14, 2020 at 7:27 pm #

The hair: really bad
    The outfit: bad

16. JohnM219 January 14, 2020 at 7:15 pm #

This is just bad.

17. Guest January 14, 2020 at 5:57 pm #

My instant thought was Michelle Williams (and we would all probably complain that it’s frumpy for her). Anna Wintour comes to mind here too. Anyways, what bothers me the most here is the “sweaty” hair on top.

• Guest January 14, 2020 at 7:18 pm #

Ok, I did some thinking.. I think it’s Audrey Tautou’s dress. It has this cute bow. She isn’t tall, but she has this french chic girlyness about her.

• JohnM219 January 14, 2020 at 9:06 pm #