Menu

January 13, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Zendaya Coleman In Tom Ford – 2020 Critics’ Choice Awards

Zendaya Coleman In Tom Ford - 2020 Critics’ Choice Awards

Zendaya Coleman was the stand out star of the 2020 Critics’ Choice Awards, which was held at the Barker Hangar on Sunday (January 12) in Santa Monica, California.

You weren’t fans of Kerry Washington’s bra-less look at the 2020 Golden Globe Awards, so I wonder how this chrome breast-plated look from the Spring 2020 collection of Tom Ford will go down?

Personally, I didn’t know I needed this Ex-Machina inspired, futuristic chic look until I saw it.

Looking every inch a warrior woman, I love how the breezy maxi skirt brings a soft femininity to this look while not dulling the shine of  bold this statement.

The matchy vibe continued to her Christian Louboutin ‘Iriza’ pumps, eye shadow, and nails, with long braids that fell down past her waist, proving to be also be a highlight of this look.

If you feel like you’ve seen this look somewhere before, it was on the February 2020 cover of Harper’s Bazaar featuring Gwyneth Paltrow.

Mateo New York diamond ear huggies and Djula diamond rings completed her look.

Tom Ford Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , ,

Jennifer Lopez In Georges Hobeika - 2020 Critics’ Choice Awards

Jennifer Lopez In Georges Hobeika – 2020 Critics’ Choice Awards

2020 Critics Choice Awards Red Carpet Roundup

2020 Critics Choice Awards Red Carpet Roundup

54 Responses to Zendaya Coleman In Tom Ford – 2020 Critics’ Choice Awards

1. Guest January 16, 2020 at 5:33 pm #

This is so so awful. I have no words.

2. Paola102 January 14, 2020 at 3:23 pm #

Zendaya sells the look. You can overlook the satin band on the skirt, or the length, or the cheap looking fabric just because of the way she is wearing the whole outfit! She looks fantastic.

3. Mady1908 January 14, 2020 at 6:54 am #

The hair, the colour, the top, she is rocking this outfit! Zendaya ca go where no one is expecting her, this is refreshing!

4. Guest January 14, 2020 at 6:47 am #

As I read the comments and look at the runway version I get the feeling that trousers made of stiff fabric would work better with this amazing top.

5. Noor January 14, 2020 at 5:08 am #

Let me imagine the top from another color, replaced with tailored pants with baggy pockets. And loose hair of course.

6. Guest January 14, 2020 at 4:55 am #

This is stunning!

7. Guest January 14, 2020 at 4:46 am #

Although I’m not a big fan of how the top looks molded to her bust, it is a beautiful silhouette on her. Her longer torso (than the model’s) makes the asymmetrical waist line work. I actually like the skirt – the fact that it is in lighter material contrasts perfectly with the hard shininess of the top. My most favorite part of her look? Her hair. Love how the long braids frame her face.

8. Guest January 14, 2020 at 2:00 am #

I don’t understand the love here. The hair is fire. The rest is an unpleasant look other than the color.

9. Guest January 13, 2020 at 11:36 pm #

I can’t believe everyone is talking about the skirt being lazy. Do you guys SEE this amazing breast-plated TOP???The softness of the skirt is what makes it fashion. it’s what makes it tom ford and not a costume off a futuristic movie set. When Tom Ford is worn by someone like zendaya, only then does real magic happen.

10. barbarapp January 13, 2020 at 11:25 pm #

Zendaya has this strange ability of making me love looks I’d normally hate. This is a very odd piece but she makes it work and she looks wonderful

• Guest January 14, 2020 at 4:51 am #

Yes! On anyone else – even the runway model – I would have hated it, but on her, it looks beautiful.

11. Guest January 13, 2020 at 11:01 pm #

The colour has such impact. The top is great, skirt I agree with others that it should have a waist band. I don’t like the braids. A bit disappointing for me, and I love Zendaya normally.

12. Guest January 13, 2020 at 10:16 pm #

Best look of the year so far. It has everything.

13. Guest January 13, 2020 at 8:47 pm #

She’s so cool. Love the look.

14. Maya_S January 13, 2020 at 8:25 pm #

Love the hair, Love the top, absolutely hate the skirt!

15. Guest January 13, 2020 at 7:14 pm #

The top is fantastic but wow did they give up when designing the skirt. It’s super cheap looking, looks like an afterthought as well borrowed from another look. Basically half assed. It would’ve been really cool if they followed through to the skirt. Or I would love this top with leather pants.

16. Guest January 13, 2020 at 5:29 pm #

My first BDOTY!

This is epic. Zendaya is a Queen

17. Los_NGLS January 13, 2020 at 3:45 pm #

Someone in another comment said, “She can do better.”
    ?????????

To quote the great Whitney Houston, “Crack is wack” y’all. ???

What Zendaya can do is everything, and this look is EVERYTHING!!! ???

The color is phenomenal, the fit is perfect, the hair style fits the vibe beautifully, and most importantly she is selling it 110%, and living her best glam warrior life!

When I gave my 4yr old niece a pink glam-ping tent and pink bow and arrow set I told her, “Demolish the patriarchy, but make it fashion.”

18. JohnM219 January 13, 2020 at 3:42 pm #

I enjoy this, but agree a certain level of polish is missing from the skirt.

I also wish her hair was up.

19. Phee phee January 13, 2020 at 3:41 pm #

That top is everything! I saw it on Gywneths cover and was hoping to see it on someone else. Didn’t think I would though.
    Its amazing. I just adore the futuristic vibe of it.
    I dont have any issues with the skirt. It works with the top pretty well I thought.
    Not a fan of the hair but whatever, the top is just cool, and I love this.

20. Originalmeme January 13, 2020 at 3:40 pm #

No. It looks like a breastplate and a cheap skirt.

21. KseniaBradner January 13, 2020 at 2:58 pm #

This reminds me of Taylor Swift’s 2015 Grammys look, all it amounts to is ‘I’m Skinny’.

This is better than Taylor’s though.

22. Guest January 13, 2020 at 1:36 pm #

LOVE!

23. JR January 13, 2020 at 1:31 pm #

Waist up total yes. That skirt is a disgrace. Elasticated waistband?? C’mon Tom.

24. Guest January 13, 2020 at 1:28 pm #

Is it too early to call this BDOTY?!?! I love this look so much. It’s bold, sleek, masculine, feminine, avant garde, afrofuturistic!

25. Vizual Ninja January 13, 2020 at 1:00 pm #

Man, she is selling this like no other. The braids, the colour and her attitude are what makes me like this. Standalone, I agree with some others about the skirt looking cheap and the top is kinda awkward. So I’ll deduce me liking this is down to the Zendaya effect, love how she’s a risk taker.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards January 13, 2020 at 8:45 pm #

That’s the beauty of Zendaya x

26. _Hannah_ January 13, 2020 at 12:50 pm #

I love it! Zendaya is such a powerful, fierce young woman, and this dress shoes it perfectly. Also the colour is spectacular!

27. Guest January 13, 2020 at 12:37 pm #

I’m getting serious Aliyah in Queen of the Damned vibes!

28. lelaid January 13, 2020 at 12:34 pm #

Hated the skirt on the runway (elastic waist? really Tom?), still don’t like it very much. The top almost compensates for it though.

29. Guest January 13, 2020 at 12:34 pm #

I wish the skirt had been hemmed for her height. She sells me the top rather than me actually liking it. The braids and her swag are giving life.

30. Guest January 13, 2020 at 12:31 pm #

I love this, my jaw is on the floor.. Love her hair as well. She is rocking this!

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards January 13, 2020 at 8:41 pm #

the hair is everything.

31. Dominos January 13, 2020 at 12:09 pm #

Ok i love the idea of this but the skirt is letting down what could have been a great look. It’s too long and the material is not great.

32. Guest January 13, 2020 at 12:07 pm #

Zendaya has what it takes to pull it off – she has the confidence, height and physique. I like her in bold pink and her braids adding flair and personality. The only thing that bothers me here is in fact a cheap-looking waistband.

33. sueno January 13, 2020 at 11:59 am #

Skirt ruins this look for me.

34. Guest January 13, 2020 at 11:28 am #

I love it! It’s a bold look that she’s totally rocking it. It really stands out in a positive way.

35. Guest January 13, 2020 at 11:19 am #

I love the top but really dislike the bottom for a number of reasons:
    – the waistband looks a bit cheap
    – how it’s the same color but slightly not, thanks to the different materials. It always gives me that white + off-white or cream combo discomfort

• Guest January 13, 2020 at 1:31 pm #

I agree. The upper part is too pretty to be ruined but such a “meh” skirt…

She can do better.

• Guest January 13, 2020 at 3:24 pm #

Ditto. the skirt looks lazy and uninspired, like a draft. the top is a whole another business

36. Guest January 13, 2020 at 11:13 am #

I LOVE this!
    Not only the color but the entire presentation.
    I’m not sure if I would’ve liked it on anyone else but Zendaya rocks it.
    My personal fave at the event.

37. CharlotteLG January 13, 2020 at 11:12 am #

I love this look!
    I was sad to see it wasted on the covert with Gwyneth Paltrow, I’m so happy to see it on the RC and on Zendaya!
    I would have not think to associate the dress with this hairstyle, but actually it works pretty well!
    This is fun, sexy and bold, what’s not to love ?

38. Catarina_M January 13, 2020 at 11:11 am #

I can’t decide. She looks so fierce and fashion forward but, at the same time there’s something about that midriff that I dislike.

39. Guest January 13, 2020 at 11:09 am #

I have to say I didn’t like this look at first but it’s slowly growing on me. She definitely stood out and the color is so amazing on her.
    A risk that payed off, in my opinion.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards January 13, 2020 at 8:46 pm #

“A risk that payed off, in my opinion.” – yup xx

40. Guest January 13, 2020 at 11:06 am #

Meh
    I love her hair tho.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards January 13, 2020 at 12:01 pm #

I’m a very surprised by your reaction to this.

• Guest January 13, 2020 at 12:05 pm #

I’m not.

• Guest January 13, 2020 at 12:34 pm #

It’s a breast plate and a cheap shirt, theres nothing to see here. Her hair on the other hand is perfect. Those braids are fire.

• JR January 13, 2020 at 12:44 pm #