Menu

January 12, 2020 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Selena Gomez Wore Givenchy Haute Couture To The ‘Dolittle’ LA Premiere

Selena Gomez Wore Givenchy Haute Couture To The ‘Dolittle’ LA Premiere

Selena Gomez joined Carmel Laniado on the red carpet for the world premiere of ‘Dolittle,’ held at the Regency Village Theatre for on Saturday (January 11) in Westwood, California.

When I saw Selena in this pink knit ribbed turtleneck bodysuit worn with a black fountain silk taffeta skirt from the Givenchy Fall 2019 Haute Couture collection, it dawned on me that I really don’t know what Selena’s style is anymore.

For a while I had a good grasp of it, but I feel like since Cannes Film Festival I would find it hard to pick a look from the runway for her.

I could picture this look on Eva Green, Nicole Kidman, Tilda Swinton, Charlize Theron, Gwyneth Paltrow, Julia Roberts, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Maggie Gyllenhaal, as these ladies are all very tall and could carry off a look of this magnitude.

My immediately reaction to this was that the skirt feels like it is overwhelming Selena.

I can only get on board with this from the waist up.

Thoughts?

Givenchy Fall 2019 Haute Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , ,

Renée Zellweger Wore Louis Vuitton To The AARP Awards

Renée Zellweger Wore Louis Vuitton To The AARP Awards

Best Dressed Of The Week

Best Dressed Of The Week

20 Responses to Selena Gomez Wore Givenchy Haute Couture To The ‘Dolittle’ LA Premiere

1. Noor January 14, 2020 at 3:15 am #

I think I saw this skirt on Golden Globes cause the same thing comes to my mind ‘why a dustbin bag?’

2. Guest January 13, 2020 at 11:10 pm #

It is such an odd look. The couture skirt with the pink turtleneck knit with singlet top underneath obv showing. Like 2 different outfits. It doesn’t do Selena any favours.

3. Paola102 January 13, 2020 at 8:56 pm #

nope.

4. Maya_S January 13, 2020 at 8:53 pm #

This dress is just plain ugly. No one could sell this and neither can Selena.

5. KseniaBradner January 13, 2020 at 2:50 pm #

Kate Young is one of the worst stylists. Selena doesn’t need her to land a fashion contract so she can afford to do indie movies…she has her own money.

This is terrible. Out of ALL the Givenchy Couture to choose for Selena, Kate chose THIS???

6. srai January 13, 2020 at 12:51 pm #

I think this is a much better look than what her stylist has been putting her in, for the past few months. I want her to move forward in this direction. Youthful and cheery.

7. CharlotteLG January 13, 2020 at 11:15 am #

This is ulgy.
    The skirt is all wrong and I don’t get the black top underneath the pink sweater.
    This is all wrong for her.

8. Catarina_M January 13, 2020 at 9:25 am #

This is her best look in a while but the skirt is completely overwhelming her.

9. Los_NGLS January 13, 2020 at 6:48 am #

The skirt is def eating her up, but also it tough to wear, doesn’t even really look on the model.

10. Guest January 13, 2020 at 5:57 am #

It’s a not a bad outfit but it’s not for her. And you’re sooo right when you say that Selena has no distinguishable style. Kind of like her music really…I just don’t get her appeal tbh.

11. Guest January 13, 2020 at 5:55 am #

This definitely was made for a taller person. I like her having a variety but her outfits are rarely successful, there is always something problematic about them.

12. Phee phee January 13, 2020 at 4:50 am #

It doesn’t suit her. The skirt is way too much for her.
    Its pretty ugly/messy anyways.
    I dont even like it waist up. although the pink is pretty on her I find the bust area unflattering. She needed way better support.
    Neck up, is lovely though!

13. Guest January 12, 2020 at 11:48 pm #

This dress is a mess and maybe Tilda could rock it but but that is just about it. Selena can’t handle this. When a dress is a bit of mess design wise, someone with really strong style might save it and Selena is not that someone.

14. Guest January 12, 2020 at 11:41 pm #

I also would’ve expected someone taller to attempt to pull this off, but I still love it! Her best look in a while

15. Guest January 12, 2020 at 11:24 pm #

She doesn’t have the height to pull off the skirt.

16. Guest January 12, 2020 at 11:21 pm #

The bulky skirt is rather ugly – “garbage bag” couture edition, not sure anyone could sell it.

• Mindy S April 17, 2020 at 9:06 am #

I love Selena and appreciate her struggle with Lupus, as I suffer from MCTD. Mine is a combination of Lupus, Scleroderma, RA, Sjogrens Syndrome, and Polymyositis, so essentially a basket of some of the worst autoimmunes all together. She is very brave and I’m so proud of her! But her stylist is very bad at her job. The whole thing is awful. She should be dressing her according to what highlights her best features, not some skinny giant on a runway who it also looked awful on. I really think it’s amazing what passes for “designer” nowadays. I thought these clothes are supposed to be something you would actually want to wear? What the hell happened to this whole industry? Not Selena’s fault, but why no bra? With the skirt being so high-waisted on a short person….it makes no sense and the knit underneath just flattens her breasts with no support. Pulling them down. It would do that on anybody. Even a young woman like Selena who clearly has not had that battle with gravity yet. So why make it appear as though she has? She needs to fire that stylist. With Selena’s creativity in her music, I would much rather see her style herself. I know she could do a hell of a much better job. She’s a great person who is immersed in talent. She needs good people working for her. Not idiots like this stylist.

17. Guest January 12, 2020 at 11:17 pm #

I like this a lot actually, it’s a different Change for here but a good one.
    It’s not overly sweet yet also not over the top.

I think if she moved in that direction it’ll get better.

18. Guest January 12, 2020 at 11:16 pm #

The skirt crumpled up, cause the first thing that came to my mind was, what the hell is going on with that skirt

She looks good

19. StJosephCross January 12, 2020 at 11:09 pm #

slight improvement from her prior misses. while it’s Givenchy couture, it’s not giving me couture vibes