Menu

January 9, 2020 Runway To Instagram

Cate Blanchett Wore Rokh, Gucci & Haider Ackermann Promoting ‘Mrs. America’

Posted by Rachel Watkins

One of our Best Dressed of the Decade, Cate Blanchett is starting out this new decade in top form, too, launching her promo tour for ‘Mrs. America’ in California. And, if these three looks are any indication, we have a lot more to look forward to.

This Rokh Spring 2020 colour-block dress could have come across as stiff. But, it was freshly delightful on Cate with her wavy blonde bob and pink lip. The Roger Vivier pumps weren’t all that exciting, but the rest of the look was strong enough with them being an afterthought.

Rokh Spring 2020

The vibrancy continued — in a different way — with this bold Gucci Pre-Fall 2020 ensemble that intrepidly paired a cerulean blue, split-sleeve blouse with cherry red trousers for maximum impact. I was sold on the palette alone. It looks like she retained the same Roger Vivier pumps with VRAM Jewelry also serving as accessories here.

Gucci Pre-Fall 2020

I was delighted to see her statement shoe choice here with Dorateymur blue cowboy-ish boots, adding the perfectly unexpected exclamation point to this Haider Ackermann Spring 2020 polka dot suit and TASAKI Atelier jewels.

Haider Ackermann Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Instagram

Shop the look

, , , , , , , , , , ,

Get Up To 60% Off The Reiss Sale

Get Up To 60% Off The Reiss Sale

Meg Donnelly Wore Mykristi & Elisabetta Franchi To The ABC All Star Party

Meg Donnelly Wore Mykristi & Elisabetta Franchi To The ABC All Star Party

11 Responses to Cate Blanchett Wore Rokh, Gucci & Haider Ackermann Promoting ‘Mrs. America’

1. Noor January 14, 2020 at 2:46 am #

Love the every detail on the first look. It’s delightful to see. The other two also refreshing on her. Can’t agree with shoes though.

2. Paola102 January 13, 2020 at 8:44 pm #

I only like the first look. The dress is very chic.

3. Guest January 10, 2020 at 3:56 pm #

I love that dress on her! It’s hard to tell how the other 2 outfits look on her since she’s not standing. I do like the print of her suit, so I’ll give it 2nd best.

4. Catarina_M January 10, 2020 at 9:34 am #

I love the three looks, specially the second one, but I dislike all of the shoe choices.

5. Guest January 10, 2020 at 7:45 am #

I love all the clothes here.
    I hope her stylist’s ny resolution is to be more adventurous with Cate’s footwear. The black pumps work with the dress fine enough but really look staid with the vibrant Gucci outfit.
    I’m happy to see the lilac boots even if they look a little long.

6. Guest January 10, 2020 at 5:36 am #

Love the first dress, but everything else including the posing and expressions is a little try hard. Sometimes I feel like she channels Tilda, but no one can outdo Tilda.

7. Phee phee January 10, 2020 at 2:28 am #

I dislike the shoes in all of these pics. The last ones make her feet look so gigantic.
    I love the first dress. So simply chic.
    The second one….that hanging sleeve drives me bonkers. It looks like it ripped open.
    The third outfit is nice. Comfy looking.
    But as I said, I think the shoes take down the looks.

8. Guest January 10, 2020 at 1:20 am #

what is with this ridiculous posing, though?

The first two looks are gorgeous, the last one is a bit silly

9. JasLinds January 10, 2020 at 1:20 am #

LOVE all 3 looks. I don’t mind the black pumps with the Rokh dress, but wish she’d worn something more inspired with Gucci.
    Cate’s style is so REFRESHING. She’s never afraid to take a risk and it always pays off.

10. Guest January 10, 2020 at 12:39 am #

Cate’s shoe game has never been her strength and these three looks are no exception to that. She looks great in all of these looks with the shoes bringing them all down a bit. The purple/blue boots with the polka dot suit is great but, wow do those boots make her feet look enormous.

11. KseniaBradner January 9, 2020 at 11:41 pm #

I love all three looks except I don’t like the black pumps with the colorful Gucci look. Elizabeth Stewart’s taste is so f-cklng good. I didn’t think the Rokh would see the light of day outside the runway, and the Gucci is unsightly on the runway but on Cate it’s charming af (and flattering, because it’s been modified). Elizabeth knows Cate is down to play, so she throws in some funky shoes here and there in the Shoe Option Pile. Love it.

No one plays with their accessories anymore; Rupert Sanderson, Brian Atwood, Jimmy Choo, Charlotte Olympia and Nicholas Kirkwood have been forced to make their offerings conservative to survive. Sigh. Pierre Hardy and Christian Louboutin some of the few major brands who still put out fun shoes.