Menu

December 31, 2019 Best Of

Best Dressed Of The Decade Critics’ Choice #4

4. Cate Blanchett In Christian Lacroix Haute Couture from Decades – SK-II’s ‘Clear for Life’ Event

Cate Blanchett is probably one person who could fill at top 10 of best looks of the decade single-handedly.

She has been the most consistent, and I can’t wait to see what the next decade brings.

While she’s known for her connection to Armani Prive, this Christian Lacroix Haute Couture from Decades, for me, is her most iconic look.

I can only imagine how many hours this took to create by hand considering the detailing on the bodice alone.

Hopefully in this next decade the Metropolitan Museum of Art presents an exhibition in Christian Lacroix’s honour, as I would love to see Cate repeat this dress.

Credit: Decades

Best Dressed Of The Decade Critics’ Choice #5

Best Dressed Of The Decade Critics’ Choice #5

Best Dressed Of The Decade Critics’ Choice #3

Best Dressed Of The Decade Critics’ Choice #3

8 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Decade Critics’ Choice #4

1. Guest January 2, 2020 at 11:06 pm #

Really?
    Cate has better more iconic looks than this.
    This is not bad, but theres nothing special about this.

2. ? January 1, 2020 at 6:20 pm #

This has to be one of my favourite looks from all time. I still remember how my jaw dropped when I first saw this. It was love at first sight.

anonymous as always

3. Guest January 1, 2020 at 8:44 am #

To be honest, I had not seen this look until now. How fabulous! I love that the soft, glowy lighting only enhances the dress’s decadence.

4. KseniaBradner January 1, 2020 at 2:49 am #

Amazing. This and Nieves deserved number 1. Christian Lacroix isn’t worn enough. His archive is gold.

5. Guest December 31, 2019 at 8:54 pm #

This dress and Diane Kruger’s pink gown at the Golden Globes, also in 2010 are my favourites Lacroix looks and just two of my favourite red carpet moments overall too.

• Phee phee December 31, 2019 at 9:56 pm #

Agreed! And that Diane gown was stunning. Still a fave for me too. Such a standout.

6. Guest December 31, 2019 at 7:43 pm #

My favorite of this decade, also she wore this back to front!

I remember this coming on the last days of december and suddenly topping the best dressed of the year.

7. Phee phee December 31, 2019 at 6:49 pm #

So extraordinary!! This look just stands out. So decadent/rich looking fabric and detailing. The color is fabulous. Everything about this was iconic.
    She has so many amazing looks. But this is a top.