Menu

January 7, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Sofia Carson Wore Elie Saab To The InStyle Golden Globes After Party

Sofia Carson Wore Elie Saab To The InStyle Golden Globe After Party

Sofia Carson presented her second big gown moment at the Warner Bros. And InStyle Golden Globes After Party held at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on Sunday (January 5) in California.

From the comments for her Giambattista Valli Haute Couture gown, it’s abundantly clear that you never want to see her in a pink tulle gown again.

So she ‘Descendants’ star switched gears wearing an Elie Saab Fall 2019 deep green, silk taffeta gown with on-trend balloon sleeves.

I much prefer this look.

It feels less deja vu, more modern, and it’s refreshing to see her stick to her style, yet give us something new.

Goshwara and Kallati jewelry completed her look.

Elie Saab Fall 2019

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , ,

Yara Shahidi Wore Carolina Herrera To The InStyle Golden Globes After Party

Yara Shahidi Wore Carolina Herrera To The InStyle Golden Globes After Party

Kathryn Newton Wore Valentino To The InStyle Golden Globes After Party

Kathryn Newton Wore Valentino To The InStyle Golden Globes After Party

26 Responses to Sofia Carson Wore Elie Saab To The InStyle Golden Globes After Party

1. MissHebble January 9, 2020 at 7:33 am #

I adore this – love the silhouette and that beautiful colour. A refreshing change after another frothy pink dress. I wish the fabric had a little more finesse (it looks slicker on the runway) but this is a definite thumbs up from me.

2. Guest January 9, 2020 at 12:52 am #

I love it, I think it’s a great twist on her usual MO, I love how nicely the bodice fits and the grandeur of the skirt and sleeves, I love the rich, dynamic colour on her and I bet it was even better in person, in motion. This is one of my favourites of the night tbh, it’s so simple and chic yet so grand and expressive.

3. Paola102 January 8, 2020 at 5:53 pm #

Very nice look. Does need a bit of steam on the skirt though. Exquisite colour.

4. Guest January 8, 2020 at 2:32 pm #

Valentino copycat…

5. Originalmeme January 8, 2020 at 2:29 pm #

The dress is wearing her. It’s too much dress for,her. Love it on the runway.

6. Guest January 8, 2020 at 1:17 pm #

I love the top half but the skirt looks a lot better on the runway. Maybe just a steam would have improved it. But yes, a great change and still very to true to her style.
    I would have been goosebump territory if Angelina Jolie or Michelle Pfeiffer had worn this on their Maleficent promo.

7. Guest January 8, 2020 at 12:04 pm #

No pink and no feathers. Baby steps. I do like the color.

8. Catarina_M January 8, 2020 at 11:30 am #

I like this and i’m glad she ditched the waist bow. I just think this should have been shortened to fit her height.

9. JasLinds January 8, 2020 at 3:02 am #

I’m getting a bit of fatigue with Sofia’s big gowns. No doubt she wears them well, but they’re all starting to look same-y. Also, why do designers keep using taffeta?? It looks terribly wrinkled and creased on every red carpet.

• Guest January 8, 2020 at 4:16 am #

totally agree, taffeta always look terrible… disagree about the gowns… if a woman dont want to show curves or legs or project a sensual image, big gowns are a great alternative.

• JasLinds January 8, 2020 at 4:18 am #

There are a lot of alternatives to big gowns that don’t show curves or legs or are necessarily sexy. Big gowns aren’t the only choice.

• Guest January 8, 2020 at 4:20 am #

She is the celebrity, if she loves this kind of dresses, wear them. It’s her choice not ours.

• JasLinds January 8, 2020 at 4:22 am #

Haha yep. She clearly loves a big gown and, as I said, she wears them well. I just said I’m getting a bit tired of seeing the same silhouette on her.

• Guest January 8, 2020 at 4:24 am #

When she uses another not princess silhouette, we are the first to say too mature for her, we need more drama, we miss her glam, ha ha…

10. Noor January 8, 2020 at 2:02 am #

This could be a pretty good choice for the main event. It’s big enough as she likes. Green shades looks magnificent on runaway. I hope it’s the light that makes the actual gown look fade. Styling has reached the top level. I wish to see her continue like this.

11. KseniaBradner January 8, 2020 at 12:14 am #

Thank god she god rid of that horrid corsage thing at the hip. Love the color with the fabric and the sleeves are great. Sofia loves big gowns and this suits her.

12. Guest January 7, 2020 at 11:48 pm #

I don’t understand! The critics to Sofia, Jennifer and Taylor expressed by this community are respectable but totally unfair and ununinformed. The secret of style is consistency. Fashion critics generally applaud when the artist is “on brand” and chastise any “departure”. If they dont have any to criticize, they talk about “not talking risks”! Audrey, Jackie and Grace never were risk takers and up today, they are “the” fashion icons of the world, not SJP with her craziness and “out of this world” take in fashion. Sofia’s pink gown was perfect for the red carpet and her green one perfect for the afterparty. JLo wore a perfect look for a nominee, the colors are a little tricky but Pierpaolo is a master of color not you guys. And the Etro gown of Taylor was maybe a little off season but exquisite and suited her very well…

• Noor January 8, 2020 at 2:06 am #

Different people have different opinions.

• Guest January 8, 2020 at 4:19 am #

Yes. But opinions need to be based on facts, reason and sense of history… if not, they dont have any authority. Access to a keyboard and visit one of the best sites of the industry like this, it’s not enough to have authority. I think the only very professional and honest comments are coming from the founder of RCFA. Always on point, constructive and respectful.

• Guest January 8, 2020 at 2:38 pm #

So well expressed. A lot of wannabe experts here who know nothing about fashion, except going to the little shop at the corner to buy a cheap dress.

• Guest January 8, 2020 at 2:49 pm #

Neither the founder/ editor has a professional formation in fashion.
      She doesn’t know the difference between a 7/8 and a 5/6 sleeve…neither Broderie Anglaise and eyelets

13. Guest January 7, 2020 at 11:19 pm #

One trick pony

• Guest January 7, 2020 at 11:23 pm #

Yes, she is. Same pose. Same type of dress. Well, at least we got an unusual color this time.

14. Vizual Ninja January 7, 2020 at 11:18 pm #

I just can’t put my finger on what it is about Sofia, but I just can’t get on board with her style…..more often than not something is off. I don’t like the dress, the colour is interesting but you can’t appreciate it because of the material used, just looks messy.

• Guest January 8, 2020 at 4:14 am #

Please elaborate a little more…

15. Phee phee January 7, 2020 at 11:18 pm #

Yayyyy! A break from GV! I hope she continues this…..
    This is absolutely stunning. I love that she did something different and it paid off so well.
    It does feel fresh. I adore the color on her. Those sleeves are so cool and I dont feel they overwhelm at all.