Menu

December 31, 2019 Best Of

Best Dressed Of The Decade Critics’ Choice #3

3.  Aishwarya Rai Bachchan In Michael Cinco Couture – ‘Okja’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Without trying to sound overly dramatic, when I saw Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in this Michael Cinco Couture gown at the 2017 Cannes Film Festival, I had actual tears in my eyes as I was writing the post.

I remember reading back over the comments and some people said that they didn’t think that much of the look, until they read my love letter to Aishwarya, thanking for such a beautiful moment, during a festival which was pretty dead by its own standards until this moment.

Perhaps it will always be too princessy for some, but this is what I expect from Aishwarya and Cannes, so this look was met with nothing but love and admiration.

Credit: Getty

Best Dressed Of The Decade Critics’ Choice #4

Best Dressed Of The Decade Critics’ Choice #4

Best Dressed Of The Decade Critics’ Choice #2

Best Dressed Of The Decade Critics’ Choice #2

13 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Decade Critics’ Choice #3

1. Guest January 3, 2020 at 3:40 am #

This color is horrible with her skin tone and the dress fabric looks like my great-aunt’s bedroom curtains if she picked them out while drunk and shopping with a trashy friend. The styling is a snooze with the hair. The whole look is just so middling.

2. Guest January 1, 2020 at 2:44 pm #

She looked STUNNING in this dress. Definitely deserved to make it into the top 3!

3. Guest January 1, 2020 at 10:34 am #

One word for this dress and Aishwarya
    “””Perfect “””

4. Guest January 1, 2020 at 6:23 am #

There’s NOTHING special about this look, the dress, the hairstyle, and Aishwarya herself did not and will never get me excited. I would consider:

– Cate Blanchett’s sea-foam Armani Privé dress (Oscar 2016) – sadly didn’t featured on this blog, due to its temporary hiatus in 2016. https://images.app.goo.gl/LByW4ufaH53Ggq1o9

– Cate Blanchett’s lilac dress (Oscar 2011)

-Diane Kruger’s yellow mustard Jason Wu dress (SAG 2010)

-Diane Kruger’s fuschia pink Christian Lacroix dress (Golden Globes 2010)

5. Noor January 1, 2020 at 6:19 am #

Comparing to some of Cannes looks of 2019, this is what is expected. Anyhow some part of me says it’s just wearing a big dress for a big event with minimal creativity. She looks fabulous though.

6. KseniaBradner January 1, 2020 at 2:55 am #

Very pretty, well-made, the size was suitable for Cannes, but very dated, no style, no fashion.

7. Guest December 31, 2019 at 9:34 pm #

Beautiful entrance from Aishwarya, and she did make my list, but lower, this is too high of a spot for it. This is basically an extra big princess gown – standard color and silhouette, just oversized.

8. Phee phee December 31, 2019 at 6:53 pm #

This dress had me too! It was a jaw-dropping look. It added sizzle back into that Cannes. It was big and glorious…..exactly how I want Cannes to be.
    I will never get the dislike of this. Michael Cinco makes some perfect Cannes dresses.

9. MissHebble December 31, 2019 at 6:38 pm #

I do think this gown has a place on this list. If ever there was a magical Cannes princess moment this is it for me. Jaw dropping, beautiful – I’m totally here for it.

10. Guest December 31, 2019 at 6:28 pm #

Meh…. I still think this gown is severely overrated. It’s just a big dress. She had better looks that feel more true to her her that could fitting of this spot. She can carry such big dress but she doesn’t sell it to me. Seems like her team found the biggest dress they could and boom, threw it on because of “drama”.

• Guest December 31, 2019 at 7:46 pm #

Still meh for me.

• Guest December 31, 2019 at 11:10 pm #

It’s one of those ‘I can see why you’re all obsessed about it but I’m not there’ looks for me.

• Guest January 1, 2020 at 12:00 pm #

You sound jealous…pls who else looks like that woman up there…lists please..one of her haters I guess condemning one bcos she isn’t your fave?? …….that dress will forever b talked about….iconic