Menu

December 17, 2019 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Jennifer Hudson Wore Reem Acra To The ‘Cats’ World Premiere

Jennifer Hudson Wore Reem Acra To The 'Cats' World Premiere

Jennifer Hudson attended the ‘Cats’ world premiere held at Alice Tully Hall, Lincoln Center on Monday (December 16) in New York City, alongside Taylor Swift and Jordan Roth.

I won’t lie.

My first reaction to this Reem Acra Fall 2019 was disappointment, but following a second look, and several more, my views on this look took a complete 180.

Firstly, she didn’t need the theatrics we saw the from the other two attendees.

Then I fell in love with how the embellishments have a more modest base in which to sparkle, thanks to the blue-grey lining on Jennifer’s version of this dress.

Black would’ve been an easy choice.  Here she’s as radiant as the sky with a full blue moon.

Reem Acra Fall 2019

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , ,

Keri Russell Wore Celine To The ‘Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker’ LA Premiere

Keri Russell Wore Celine To The ‘Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker’ LA Premiere

Emilia Clarke's MANGO Faux Shearling Long Coat

Emilia Clarke’s MANGO Faux Shearling Long Coat

15 Responses to Jennifer Hudson Wore Reem Acra To The ‘Cats’ World Premiere

1. Guest December 18, 2019 at 9:57 am #

Meh

I wished you would’ve had a chance to wear that Tom Ford she wore a couple of weeks ago instead.

2. Jess Mara December 18, 2019 at 12:38 am #

I actually really like the midnight blue lining on this as it showcases the black lace overlay better. The two different lengths on the hem however I dont like.

3. Guest December 17, 2019 at 10:13 pm #

I agree that the colors look wonderful on her BUT it’s ill- fitting and that’s just too bad.

4. Guest December 17, 2019 at 8:49 pm #

She is an oscar winner
    A Grammy winner also

WTF is this gown.

Jennifer u have the perfect body to wear anything and u wore this? Yikes

Cant believe I’m gonna say this but the lining ruined the gown. I prefer it on the model without lining

5. Guest December 17, 2019 at 7:35 pm #

If the hem was cleaner, either longer or shorter and maybe with a gunmetal colored sandal, I could have loved this. Sadly not the case

6. Paola102 December 17, 2019 at 6:12 pm #

Love the colour and the lining. It’s a tad tight though.

7. Guest December 17, 2019 at 5:37 pm #

Oh what might have been. This could have been amazing with a better fit through the hips a smoother fit through the waist. I like the blue lining and am glad that she chose to line because on the model the lace design looks like long pubic hair.

8. Phee phee December 17, 2019 at 5:36 pm #

Its depressing. very cheap looking and sad. Even the color sucks the life out of her.

9. Originalmeme December 17, 2019 at 5:31 pm #

No. Cheap, tight and ugly. Only good thing is it’s lined.

10. Guest December 17, 2019 at 5:21 pm #

I had the same reaction as you. The second time you look at it, you love it. I think she looks stunning!

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards December 18, 2019 at 8:50 am #

It’s definitely a grower

11. KseniaBradner December 17, 2019 at 5:19 pm #

Jennifer has an Oscar and deserves better. I do like the midnight blue lining instead of the black, but the look still reads a bit sloppy.

12. Guest December 17, 2019 at 5:09 pm #

I’m disappointed. I wish she had a gorgeous gown like Taylor’s – that wasn’t theatrics to me. The lookbook version looks intriguing with a suitable lining or black slip dress but this result looks slightly budget and unbefitting for Jennifer.

13. Guest December 17, 2019 at 5:09 pm #

The dress itself is quite boring, and I find the fit a bit too tight.

14. Guest December 17, 2019 at 5:07 pm #

No, this just looks cheap and tight and ill-fitting.