Menu

November 26, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Radhika Apte joined Iman on the red carpet for the 47th Annual International Emmy Awards held at New York Hilton on Monday (November 25) in New York City.

The actress, who was in the running for the Best Actress award for her role in ‘Lust Stories,’ arrived in dramatic style, wearing what’s fast becoming the designer of the year: Iris Van Herpen.

This latest fabulous illusion laser cut dress from the Fall 2019 Haute Couture collection was perfectly styled with a sleek back bun, yellow sandals, a Chopard ring from the ‘Copacabana Collection,’ and a dash of red to the lips.

Had Radhika adjusted the under garment to sit more smoothly, this would’ve been one of my favourite Iris Van Herpen outings of the year.

The colours are gorgeous against her skin-tone. She knows how to pose to get maximum impact from the dress, and her styling was on point.

Iris van Herpen Fall 2019 Haute Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & AP

, , , , , , ,

Iman Was Giving Us Goddess Vibes At The 2019 International Emmy Awards

Iman Was Giving Us Goddess Vibes At The 2019 International Emmy Awards

Bella Heathcote Showcases Some Fringed Flare At The Stan Originals Showcase

Bella Heathcote Showcases Some Fringed Flare At The Stan Originals Showcase

20 Responses to Radhika Apte Brings Iris van Herpen Haute Couture To The 2019 International Emmy Awards

1. KseniaBradner November 28, 2019 at 3:31 am #

Radhika is perfect for this gown, love it on her, but yeah, as everyone said, the lining is reckless negligence.

2. Guest November 27, 2019 at 9:59 pm #

For some reason I really don’t like this. Maybe its the lining, but the color or something is throwing me off.

3. P&P November 27, 2019 at 12:41 pm #

Iris Van Herpen is my favorite designer currently working, but her clothes are extremely hard to pull off in the real world. They demand impeccable lining and a lot of transparent mesh to hold the outfit together, which is hard to do.

In red carpets, the excessive camera flashes highlight the sewing/lining (case in point here), which ruins the magic.

4. Vizual Ninja November 27, 2019 at 10:59 am #

She kinda resembles Aishwarya, just squint. I’m a fan of IVH, but I agree about the lining, still a lovely dress and I like when the wearer goes for simple styling.

5. Guest November 27, 2019 at 5:15 am #

For starters, Radhika is one if the finest actors from India and famous for her individual style. I was worried if she would get covered by you guys for this particular outing. Thank you for doing it. She looks stunning!! IVH is doing wonders, selecting right people to wear their design.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards November 28, 2019 at 12:38 pm #

My pleasure. I wasn’t aware of her before, so I will look out for her in future x

6. Phee phee November 27, 2019 at 4:07 am #

Such a gorgeous piece! It looks so perfect on her. Shame about the lining underneath.
    But like, wow, does she ever wear it well. The fit is perfect, The color is perfect.
    Besides the lining, this makes me love IVH all over again.

7. Vu0n9 November 26, 2019 at 8:17 pm #

Such dress has become so repetitive to me. I’m bored.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards November 26, 2019 at 9:00 pm #

They are so beautiful that I’m not there yet.

• Guest November 26, 2019 at 11:10 pm #

Me too. They’re all starting to look the same

8. Mady1908 November 26, 2019 at 8:10 pm #

The lining is disturbing but this is such a beautiful piece that I can (almost) forget about it. This is wondeful on her 🙂

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards November 26, 2019 at 9:01 pm #

I wish she had worn a bodysuit underneath instead

• Paola102 November 28, 2019 at 3:45 pm #

this is one of those cases where, yes, a strapless bodysuit would have elevated the look so much!

9. Guest November 26, 2019 at 8:02 pm #

I agree about the lining but otherwise she still looks great in it. I was having a bit of IVH fatigue but this is a beautiful design.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards November 26, 2019 at 9:02 pm #

Someone else said that. I’m not close to being fatigued

• Guest November 26, 2019 at 9:18 pm #

Her designs are definitely a lot more distinctive than most designers right now.
      A collection that I would like to see being worn is Mary Kantrantzou SS20.

10. Guest November 26, 2019 at 6:26 pm #

Lining aside I love this. She looks great

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards November 26, 2019 at 9:02 pm #

It’s a beaut

11. Guest November 26, 2019 at 6:03 pm #

The bunched up lining totally ruins it.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards November 26, 2019 at 8:59 pm #