Menu

November 25, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Selena Gomez In Versace – 2019 American Music Awards

Posted by Catherine Kallon
Selena Gomez In Versace - 2019 American Music Awards

Selena Gomez also has a lot to contend with when it came to the 2019 American Music Awards on Sunday (November 25) in LA, as it marked her first live television performance in nearly two years.

The singer kick started the show with two new songs ‘Look At Her Now’ and ‘Lose You to Love Me.’

Prior to hitting the stage, the Selena took to the red carpet wearing a chartreuse Versace Spring 2020 draped mini dress.

Even though the girls look a bit snug, for me, this is one of Selena’s best looks in a while.

I adore the colour, the way she matched the look with her satin pumps, the youthful, sassy energy and the hair and makeup.

Love this or loathe it, this look was the perfect fit for a music ceremony.┬á And I’m personally happy it’s not a custom design that didn’t suit her style or personality.

Versace Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , ,

Ciara In Balmain - 2019 American Music Awards

Ciara In Balmain – 2019 American Music Awards

Naomi Scott In Miu Miu - 2019 Evening Standard Theatre Awards

Naomi Scott In Miu Miu – 2019 Evening Standard Theatre Awards

21 Responses to Selena Gomez In Versace – 2019 American Music Awards

1. Mady1908 November 26, 2019 at 8:12 pm #

looooooooooooooove the colour, but I have the feeling that things are going to explode in this. But this is very appropriate, and she looks really nice ­čÖé

2. Guest November 26, 2019 at 7:06 pm #

Can she breathe?

3. Catarina_M November 26, 2019 at 3:31 pm #

In theory this should have been a great look but in real life the fit ruin it completely.

4. Guest November 25, 2019 at 7:02 pm #

Maybe it’s the styling, the color and/or the material, but I love this. Yes, the boobs are squooshed which is a loss for some people, but everything else just cancels that.

5. Guest November 25, 2019 at 6:05 pm #

Thank you for showing the runway version of the dress – it allowed me to see how it is actually supposed to fit! It’s too bad the dress is a size too small. I think the color is wonderful on her could have been perfect!

6. KseniaBradner November 25, 2019 at 4:17 pm #

Selena was going for a tacky look as inspiration and she nailed it. This look works for the event. But I will say, her stylist Kate Young posting a photo of the Queen of England as inspiration for this look is tone-deaf timing, as the Queen, despite firing him from public duty, is still publicly defending her rapist racist son Prince Andrew. That instagram post just felt vulgar. And looking at this look, there is no immediate Queen Elizabeth II reference.

7. Noor November 25, 2019 at 2:35 pm #

Bust area is too tied. It has cheapen the whole look. None of her accessories match with each other. It’s all about colour & never the pumps.

I choose runaway version over her.

8. _Hannah_ November 25, 2019 at 2:03 pm #

I like the colour of the dress against her skin tone. But the fit is… Nonexistent here.

9. Sharon M November 25, 2019 at 1:06 pm #

Too tight on top…and she needed a better undergarment on the bottom.

10. Guest November 25, 2019 at 1:00 pm #

Sorry, but Selena wearing this looks like a Kim K impersonator.

11. Guest November 25, 2019 at 12:40 pm #

I totally see all the things that are not working here and the other commenters have pointed out, but I cannot help myself!
    I love this look on her, and I think it’s somehow working

Thumbs up from me, even though I am definitely in the minority here

12. lelaid November 25, 2019 at 11:45 am #

It looks like she wrapped a towel too tightly around herself. The hair is also horrendous, definitely not working with her face shape.

13. Guest November 25, 2019 at 9:51 am #

Strapless always has to have a perfect fit, end of story. This could well end up on my WDOTY just for that reason.

14. Guest November 25, 2019 at 9:43 am #

I love the colour and it’s a fun party dress but the fit on the bust is awful, surely it’s not that difficult to adjust it. The matchy pumps work but I would have loved a sassy mule or sandal from the same collection and would have ditched the necklace altogether.

15. CharlotteLG November 25, 2019 at 7:59 am #

This is all wrong!
    The dress is too small and the styling : matchy shoes, hair and necklace, is pretty bad especially for someone her age.

16. JasLinds November 25, 2019 at 7:08 am #

This had the potential to be amazing, but serious fit issues and the necklace seems mismatched. Great colour though.

17. Guest November 25, 2019 at 6:39 am #

Cute, but too tight in the bust, and the matching pumps in that color are too much – something in gold would break up the look better.

18. Guest November 25, 2019 at 6:38 am #

It lost me at the fit.

19. Guest November 25, 2019 at 5:47 am #

The colour is really the only thing I like about this. The fit is terrible and I wish she went with a different shoe choice.

20. Phee phee November 25, 2019 at 5:01 am #

ill-fitting. very.
    Also, her necklace and hairstyle dont match the fun vibe of the dress. They say formal and her dress says party.
    She should definitely have sandals rather than those pumps.

It looks far better on the runway.

21. Guest November 25, 2019 at 5:00 am #

This dress is too small for Selena and the shoes look like dyed to match bridesmaid shoes. So, this is a no from me. It may be the best Selena has looked in a while but that does not make it a good look. Her beauty look is lovely.