Menu

Ciara’s Multiple Wardrobe Changes For The 2019 American Music Awards

Ciara's Multiple Wardrobe Changes For The 2019 American Music Awards

Ciara was the hostess with the mostest at the 2019 American Music Awards on Sunday (November 24)

Following her bright blue Balmain red carpet look, the singer donned several other looks during the night.

For her opening performance, Ciara got the crowd on their feet as she sung her new single, ‘Melanin’ wearing a custom Bryan Hearns outfit.

With so much details such as the glittery gold long-sleeve crop top, cargo short shorts, chunky jewels and Nike sneakers, this was far from one-note despite the single hue.

Ciara's Multiple Wardrobe Changes For The 2019 American Music Awards

I loved this leopard print Ashi Studio Couture custom creation. Like I keep saying, dramatic puffy sleeves are trending.  On this occasion, it looks like there is more fabric in the sleeves than the train.  The look was accessorized with a fabulous Jacob & Co. diamond choker.

Ashi Studio Fall 2019 Couture
Ciara's Multiple Wardrobe Changes For The 2019 American Music Awards

Yes, I am drooling over this ’60s style Georges Hobeika Fall 2019 Couture jumpsuit, which sees the singer don yet another dramatic bow.

Georges Hobeika Fall 2019 Couture

Channeling her inner Barbie, Ciara wore a stunning in a pink Swarovski Versace mini dress detailed with shoulder cut outs and ruching.

Ciara's Multiple Wardrobe Changes For The 2019 American Music Awards

Backstage the Ciara was captured wearing black corset jacket with sheer stretch tulle shorts from the Mugler Spring 2020 collection.  The jacket reflects the exquisite craftsmanship of the house of Mugler. It took over 150 hours to create and assemble using a special marquisette fabric at the center, light crepe wool tailored and curved out to provide new dimensions to this iconic Mugler silhouette.

Mugler Spring 2020

One of Ciara’s most simple looks of the night came courtesy of Alessandra Rich. I’m sure you’re happy she lined the look.

Alessandra Rich Fall 2019
Ciara's Multiple Wardrobe Changes For The 2019 American Music Awards

The final look was also from Balmain’s Spring 2020 collection which saw her opt for flares again, with dramatic paneled boyfriend blazer.

Balmain Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

The Ones I Missed

The Ones I Missed

Menswear Weekend Roundup

Menswear Weekend Roundup

13 Responses to Ciara’s Multiple Wardrobe Changes For The 2019 American Music Awards

1. Guest November 29, 2019 at 3:38 pm #

The Alessandra look was my pick.
    It is totally her without looking trashy or dated, but still a perfect way to show off her gorgeous body

2. KseniaBradner November 28, 2019 at 3:20 am #

Tacky looks but the Ashi had the greatest potential but looks like a Gwen Stefani reject on Ciara. I want it to have another outing.

3. Guest November 27, 2019 at 9:07 pm #

The Mugler is amazing. Love! Also the orange Georges Hobeika, such a cool look.

4. Guest November 26, 2019 at 6:18 pm #

Thankfully she lined the Alessandra Rich because the runway version ridiculous and unwearable IRL.

5. Guest November 26, 2019 at 11:13 am #

I wish the Ashi dress was in a different print or solid colour and with a different, less dated hairstyle and sans necklace.
    The hairstyle with the couture bodysuit works but not with the Versace mini.
    The Mugler suit I like for this event. The Alessandra Rich look is very nice but forgettable- I am eyeing that ivory coat in the lookbook though.
    The Balmain looks cool, her pants go better with jacket than her blue suit but the overly long hair doesn’t look so good.

6. Catarina_M November 26, 2019 at 9:16 am #

I love both Alessandra Rich and Georges Hobeika Couture.
    The Mugler and the Balmain final suit are awful.
    In general, great shoes, great hair and make up.

7. Guest November 26, 2019 at 6:41 am #

Ciara is beautiful and looks and neck up, she is amazing and her body is also amazing. Neck down, none of these are great. The jumpsuit is probably the best but it needed more definition at the waist. The Alessandra Rich look is fine and forgettable and the second best of this bunch. The performance look is awful but it’s a performance look so fine. That’s a lot of leopard print in the Ashi Studio look and I wish she had kept the slightly longer length from the runway instead of shortening the dress. The Versace look is like Vizual Ninja said just club wear — club wear in a banging body but nothing special and even a bit cheap looking. I expect to see Kourtney Kardashian in the Mugler outfit one day and that is not a compliment. The Balmain is better than her RC look but that is not saying much. I would have preferred it if Ciara had picked a performance look and one smoking hot look to wear for the entire show instead of these.

8. Guest November 26, 2019 at 5:00 am #

Feels like she was styled by Kim Kardashian. Not hating it…but feel like most of these looks would look better on Kim.

9. Phee phee November 26, 2019 at 4:50 am #

Alessandra Rich is by far and away the best one.

Neck up, she looks fabulous in all the pics. Love the simple shoes she wore in all but the first.

10. Jess Mara November 26, 2019 at 2:54 am #

The jumpsuit and the Alessandra Rich are by far the best.

11. JasLinds November 26, 2019 at 2:43 am #

All better than her red carpet look

12. Vizual Ninja November 26, 2019 at 2:03 am #

The first is really cute, esp for a performance look.. I’m feeling all the looks(yes, even the Ashi it’s a lot of leopard but she pulls it off)..down to the Georges Hobeik. It’s after that it kinda goes down hill for me; the Versace looks like every day clubwear, esp with the styling, the Mugler…mesh biker shorts, really? The Alessandra is meh, not bad though. And the last is my least favourite. Overall, I think she did good.

13. Guest November 26, 2019 at 2:03 am #

The embellished orange jumpsuit is my fave, love it(!) extra fab, followed by the dramatic leopard print Ashi Studio gown.