Menu

November 11, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Kelly Rowland In Iris van Herpen Haute Couture – 2019 People’s Choice Awards

Kelly Rowland In Iris van Herpen Haute Couture – 2019 People’s Choice Awards

Kelly Rowland attended the 2019 People’s Choice Awards held at the Barker Hangar on Sunday (November 10) in Santa Monica, California.

The singer shared on the red carpet that she already has her Christmas tree up, which lets me know that she reallllly loves Christmas.  I do too, but I’m at least 5 weeks out before I even think about putting my tree up.

Like Storm Reid, the singer wore an Iris van Herpen Haute Couture piece.

Unlike Storm Reid, I wasn’t so enamoured by this.

Why?

This is like going to puppet show and seeing the strings, it takes away the illusion when you see the mechanics.

That’s how I feel about this Fall 2019 Haute Couture dress as the sheer panel wasn’t a match for her skin-tone as it appeared on the model on the runway.

This is giving me a Naomi Campbell moment, and not a Madisin Rian or Cara Delevingne moment.

There is likely to be several Iris van Herpen Haute Couture moments on my BDOTY list – Gwendoline Christie the only non-negotiable – this is unlikely to feature.

Iris van Herpen Fall 2019 Haute Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , ,

Olivia Munn In Yanina Couture - 2019 Baby2Baby Gala

Olivia Munn In Yanina Couture – 2019 Baby2Baby Gala

Lara Worthington In The Row - 2019 Baby2Baby Gala

Lara Worthington In The Row – 2019 Baby2Baby Gala

13 Responses to Kelly Rowland In Iris van Herpen Haute Couture – 2019 People’s Choice Awards

1. Guest November 13, 2019 at 1:50 pm #

If only the illusion panel matched her skin tone this could have been an epic look.

2. Guest November 12, 2019 at 1:35 pm #

Something is definitely missing here

3. Phee phee November 11, 2019 at 8:02 pm #

Another case of this designer not working properly on the celeb. Too bad. love the idea just not the execution.

4. Guest November 11, 2019 at 7:17 pm #

This is one the saddest illusion panels I have ever seen. And the failure is even more obvious because it is not full length and the panel looks like shower curtain plastic as said by HL. What a fail for Kelly who could have absolutely killed in this with the right panel and a better beauty look.

5. Guest November 11, 2019 at 7:12 pm #

I’m not sure what the brand are thinking…The Peoples Choice Awards is hardly an A-list show, and the crowd is definitely C list at best (sorry Kelly). They have gone from major fashion moments-Gwendoline, Tilda, Celine, Naomi- to Heidi Klum, Stormy and Kelly. Definitely losing some of the prestige and mystique of the brand. Shame.

6. ? November 11, 2019 at 2:50 pm #

To be honest it’s not only the failed illusion panel that I have problem with, but also the styling. The make up and jewelleries look like the belong with different outfit, maybe a ball-gown, definitely not with a futuristic  Iris van Herpen Haute Couture dress. Shame, cause she has the perfect figure for this.

anonymous as always

7. KseniaBradner November 11, 2019 at 2:41 pm #

Kelly Rowland has the best style of Destiny’s Child (yes, Beehive, accept the Truth: the Queen does not have good style…MOMENTS, yes, but Style? No.). I am delighted to see Kelly in Iris van Herpen and hope to see more.

8. CharlotteLG November 11, 2019 at 1:17 pm #

It’s a shma for the sheer panel.
    It makes the look dated.

9. Vizual Ninja November 11, 2019 at 1:13 pm #

She looks good, she has the stature to pull off IVH. It’s only a shame the sheer panels don’t match her skintone as it would’ve really been a knockout.

10. Guest November 11, 2019 at 12:34 pm #

I’m not enamored of this dress on the model and it doesn’t work on Kelly at all.

• Guest November 11, 2019 at 2:03 pm #

It looks very shower curtain(and a cheap one) imo.

11. Guest November 11, 2019 at 12:25 pm #

I’m surprised, this gown doesnt pop on Kelly Rowland . The gown is dead on kelly

How is this even possible, a gown not popping on Ms. Kelly.

It doesnt look like iris van herpsen

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards November 11, 2019 at 4:52 pm #