Menu

November 11, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Storm Reid In Iris van Herpen Haute Couture – 2019 People’s Choice Awards

Storm Reid In Iris van Herpen Haute Couture - 2019 People's Choice Awards

Storm Reid created quite a storm at the 2019 People’s Choice Awards held at the Barker Hangar on Sunday (November 10) in Santa Monica, California.

The actress has always presented a unique, playful style, but I don’t think her fans were quite ready for this.

I had a quick scan of her previous looks, and believe this is baby’s first Haute Couture.

She will always remember her first time, because they don’t come more unique than Iris van Herpen.

Yes, we are seeing more and more of the designer on the red carpet lately.

I was wondering if it was a case of too much – thanks to Heidi Klum – but on this occasion it was a case of right wearer.

The People’s Choice Awards is the place to take a risk fashion wise.

I’m not sure this dress, which looks like it apart to fully form into alien life-form, would go down so well at the SAGs or Golden Globes for example.

What Storm has on her side is youth, confidence, and panache to make this work, along with great legs.

A high fashion top-knot and black Sophie Webster ‘Nicole’ sandals completed her look.

Do you wish the shoes had been blue?  Or was keeping things simple in black the right choice?

Iris van Herpen Spring 2019 Haute Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , ,

Chrissy Teigen In Georges Hobeika Couture - 2019 Baby2Baby Gala

Chrissy Teigen In Georges Hobeika Couture – 2019 Baby2Baby Gala

Jessica Alba In Ralph & Russo Couture - 2019 Baby2Baby Gala

Jessica Alba In Ralph & Russo Couture – 2019 Baby2Baby Gala

10 Responses to Storm Reid In Iris van Herpen Haute Couture – 2019 People’s Choice Awards

1. Los_NGLS November 12, 2019 at 6:34 pm #

Awwww, “baby’s first couture” ??❤️

This looks fantastic on her! The shape, the pattern, the ‘texture’, and yes a great attitude and fantastic legs!

Jason Bolden is PUTTING IN WORK!!! This masterpiece, Ella Balinska’s nude Vera Wang, Yara’s Schiaparelli couture, and Ava’s bespoke Greta Constantine!

GIVE THIS MAN ALL THE AWARDS!!

2. Jess Mara November 12, 2019 at 3:07 am #

I love this look on her. It feels youthful and fun and she is not overpowered. I am also ok with the shoe choice as it keeps the styling simple and lets the dress do the talking.

3. Guest November 11, 2019 at 7:02 pm #

I am not a fan of IVH designs because they are so repetitive. All IVH designs look like moths/butterflies but this one really takes it to the extreme. Despite my general lack of love for the label I like this dress on Storm. I agree about the blue shoes but she is working this despite that.

4. Phee phee November 11, 2019 at 6:39 pm #

Wow! This is amazing! An excellent Iris Van Herpern!
    I adore the color and the design. Its unique and fresh feeling.
    She wears it perfectly, styled well, and I have zero issues with the shoe color.
    It is a BDOTW candidate to my eyes.

5. KseniaBradner November 11, 2019 at 2:47 pm #

Great look.

6. Guest November 11, 2019 at 11:10 am #

My goodness, this is so good
    It’s like she’s wearing an alien or a microscopic bacteria or something and I love it.
    Best dressed of the week nominee.

7. Guest November 11, 2019 at 10:02 am #

She had the right idea to keep the styling simple. She looks fantastic! Wouldn’t change a thing.

8. Catarina_M November 11, 2019 at 9:12 am #

I wish the shoes were blue but overall she looks good.

9. CharlotteLG November 11, 2019 at 8:58 am #

I’m not too fond of the dress but it works on her.

• Guest November 11, 2019 at 12:48 pm #