Menu

September 15, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

2019 Diamond Ball Red Carpet Roundup

Madisin Rian in  Iris van Herpen Fall 2019 Haute Couture - 2019 Diamond Ball

There were many more gorgeous ladies who attended Rihanna’s 2019 Diamond Ball on Thursday (September 12) in New York City, joining the host Rihanna and fellow guest, Cardi B.

Madisin Rian:  The model was the first to catch my eye in this Iris van Herpen Fall 2019 Haute Couture piece.  When Naomi Campbell wore a look from the Spring 2019 collection, the yoke wasn’t tinted to complement her skin-tone. Madisin avoided such complications by opting for a look that was previous worn by black model.

Iris van Herpen Fall 2019 Haute Couture
Normani In J'Aton Couture - 2019 Diamond Ball

Normani:  As you know I stan Normani, but even she couldn’t get me on board with this J’Aton Couture gown.  I’m usually a big fan of their work, but this piece feels like it had too many ideas drafted into one.

J’Aton Couture
Cindy Bruna in Rami Kadi - 2019 Diamond Ball

Cindy Bruna:    Rami Kadi makes some truly outstanding designs, but were far too many ruffles here, even for my liking. Christian Louboutin ‘Twistissima Strass’ pumps completed her look.

Rami Kadi Fall Couture
Karlie Kloss in Dior - 2019 Diamond Ball

Karlie Kloss:  If you’ve been unimpressed by the grand excess of the looks presented on this red carpet, you may find Karlie’s Dior Fall 2019 Haute Couture ‘peplos’ lamé silk chiffon draped dress with mesh motif rather refreshing.  The model might do a rare pop of colour from time to time, but black has always been her go-to. David Webb jewels completed her look.

Christian Dior Fall 2019 Haute Couture
Kehlani in Yousef AlJasmi - 2019 Diamond Ball

Kehlani:  The R&B Singer wore a long-sleeved silver sequined Yousef AlJasmi gown with fringe details which had me going until I saw the hemline.

Paula Patton in Valentino - 2019 Diamond Ball

Paula Patton: It’s been a while since we last saw Paula on the red carpet.  She has had plenty of misses on the red carpet, but in Valentino, she was a certified hit.

Naturi Naughton in Rubin Singer - 2019 Diamond ball

Naturi Naughton: The ‘Power’ actress looked beautiful wearing a hot pink and black striped strapless gown with a side drape by Rubin Singer. I was tempted to say that the opera gloves were a bit OTT, but this was a ball after all darrrling.

Georgia Fowler in Cong Tri - 2019 Diamond ball

Georgia Fowler: The model wore a fresh off the runway Cong Tri Spring 2020 gown which oozed elegance, on a red carpet where the dress code appeared to be “more is more.”

Cong Tri Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Sarah Gadon In Fendi - 'American Woman' Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Sarah Gadon In Fendi – ‘American Woman’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

boohoo Celebrates NYFW At The boohoo Mansion

boohoo Celebrates NYFW At The boohoo Mansion

11 Responses to 2019 Diamond Ball Red Carpet Roundup

1. mandelagarvey October 8, 2019 at 4:06 pm #

Madisin Rian is stunning the rest can burn their gowns thank you very much

2. Phee phee September 17, 2019 at 2:36 am #

Georgias dress is amazing! I love the elegance of the draping.
    I love Madisins too. Its a good van Herpern and she wears it the best that it can be worn. I actually think it looks better on her than the runway.

Normani looks dated and tacky but on the runway the dress looks so elegant and amazing.
    Cindys ice skater ruffle dress is a big no. Looks so cheesy and cheap.
    Karlie looks simple and nice.
    Kelani is a big no too. tacky. Its an ugly dress plain and simple.
    Paulas dress is overdone…..I want to rip off the sleeves and add a lower neckline.
    Nature needs to rip off those gloves.

3. Maya_S September 16, 2019 at 8:56 pm #

I love Georgia’s look. Super elegant!

4. Guest September 16, 2019 at 9:17 am #

Madisin looks absolutely stunning. She more than does the gown justice! I also love Georgia and Karlie’s gowns for their more simple approaches.

5. Noor September 16, 2019 at 8:10 am #

like the artistic glamour on Madisin’s dress. The bodice is more appealing.

Overall Sandy looks good.

6. Guest September 16, 2019 at 1:30 am #

I know every one loves these Iris van Herpen pieces but I am bored with them. Every one looks the same and everyone reminds me of Mothra. Other than Georgia, nothing here appeals to me. It’s all dated, tacky, boring, or meh or a combination of all of the above (Cindy and Normani).

7. Jess Mara September 16, 2019 at 1:29 am #

Paula’s Valentino is lovely but Madisin gets my vote. The illusion neckline is almost perfect and the colour and style and stunning against her skin. Beautiful!!

8. Guest September 16, 2019 at 1:12 am #

As much as I like Iris van Herpen, seeing the samey variations of this piece has given me fatigue already.?

9. Guest September 15, 2019 at 11:45 pm #

Georgia looks lovely. Clear fave in this lineup.
    I truly dislike Cindy and Normani’s outfits. Taffetas overload.
    The J’aton dress looks semi decent on the model but it’s doing nothing for Normani sadly.

10. Guest September 15, 2019 at 9:41 pm #

Madisin then Georgia are my picks. Paula gets a well done. Cindy dress looks like they’ve awkwardly added a piece of throwaway fabric to a minidress to make it formal. Karlie looks so bland, the dress doesn’t look worthy of couture label. Normani’s dress looks better on the taller, smaller busted model. It needed to be altered for her height and to host her bosom properly for a neater finish. Kehlani look is screaming ‘trashy trying to be classy’.

11. sueno September 15, 2019 at 8:37 pm #

Thumbs up for MadisIn and Georgia.
    Cindy looks like she is going to Poison Ivy audition, Normani is just ridiculous and Karlie is as boring as always.