Menu

November 7, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

The WSJ. Magazine 2019 Innovator Awards

The WSJ. Magazine 2019 Innovator Awards

There were many more ladies decked out in Burberry for the WSJ. magazine’s annual Innovator Awards held at the MoMA (Museum of Modern Art) in New York City, where they saw Burberry’s Chief Creative Officer Riccardo Tisci presented with the 2019 Fashion Innovator award.

Gigi Hadid:  The model wore a beautiful powder-blue dress from Burberry Spring 2020 collection featuring a delicate ruffle hemline.  The Hadid sisters like to make bold statements on the red carpet, but I really enjoyed this muted, yet elegant outing.  The look was styled with Jimmy Choo pumps, Burberry earrings – one featuring a ring, plus a gorgeous vintage Chanel Celeste Lucite bag.

Carolyn Murphy:  The embroidered tulle skirt with black silk fringe is a sharp change of direction from Carolyn’s usual minimalist style. I would’ve expected her to have worn this Burberry look with slim-fit cropped cigarette trousers. What I do love about this look is the cut of the blazer, and crystal embroidered black leather sandals.

Irina Shayk:  This was probably my favourite look of the event.  I adore how her pecan three-piece Burberry Spring 2020 suit is upgraded from stuffy pinstripes to crystal-pinstripes.  It’s a highly unique way to provide a twist on a classic.  I kinda wish the blouse had also been in the same pecan hue, rather than the light green, but this look was styled perfectly, proving that Irina can do more than slashed to the hip-bone gowns.  I’m intrigued to see those pecan pumps with wraparound scarf ties on another outing.

Burberry Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Burberry

, , , , , , ,

Henry Golding's Love Affair With Ralph Lauren Continues On The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Henry Golding’s Love Affair With Ralph Lauren Continues On The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Sharon Stone's Saint Laurent Double For The 2019 GQ Men Of The Year Awards

Sharon Stone’s Saint Laurent Double For The 2019 GQ Men Of The Year Awards

15 Responses to The WSJ. Magazine 2019 Innovator Awards

1. Guest November 10, 2019 at 10:40 pm #

Love Gigi and Carolyn’s looks.

2. Guest November 8, 2019 at 11:55 pm #

I love all of these looks. They are all unique, elegant and beautiful.

3. Phee phee November 8, 2019 at 9:05 pm #

they all look fine. Not excited by any. Irina I think looks a bit crumpled actually.

4. Guest November 8, 2019 at 12:40 pm #

I´m loving these looks, they reminded me why I love Riccardo´s vision and art.

5. WhiteLady November 8, 2019 at 12:30 pm #

Irina looks very good, I wish I could have that blazer and the shoes… swoon

6. Sharon M November 8, 2019 at 12:18 pm #

Yes…the shirt matches the suit…it is the difference in fabric that gives the illusion of a very slight difference in color.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards November 8, 2019 at 6:13 pm #

Thanks. You are right. thanks for pointing that out

7. Guest November 8, 2019 at 12:03 pm #

No big wow factor here, but all look good nonetheless.

8. Guest November 8, 2019 at 5:11 am #

I was a bit undecided about the billowing batwing stitching around the armpit and chest on Gigi’s dress but I like it overall.
    I don’t like the fringing on Carolyn’s skirt, it ends up looking too busy. I would have preferred the cigarette pant idea.
    Irina looks chic,as with Gigi it’s nice too see a more discreet, elegant look on occasion. However, I’m not a fan of the scarf wrap on the shoes.

9. Guest November 8, 2019 at 4:43 am #

Is Irina’s shirt green? On my screen it looks matching pecan/beige.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards November 8, 2019 at 6:13 pm #

ooh..it looks different on the screen. to the close up photo

10. Guest November 8, 2019 at 4:36 am #

Gigi looks great. I like Irina’s look as a change of pace but I think it is a little one note. Coincidentally, she and Henry Golding are rocking similar color palettes. Carolyn outfit is great until I get to the skirt, which is too Victorian lampshade for my taste.

11. KseniaBradner November 8, 2019 at 1:48 am #

All three look very nice. I like the dress on Gigi more than the runway. This ladylike look is refreshing on her. Carolyn Murphy is so stunning and chic, surprised by this look. Very nice. I wish Irina broke up the toffee with her shoes and clutch.

12. Vizual Ninja November 8, 2019 at 1:43 am #

Strong looks from all three, only nitpick is GiGi’ shoe choice. Irina is also my favourite, nice change of pace for her.

13. Guest November 8, 2019 at 1:35 am #

Gigi & Irina look stunning! Both colors are perfect for them! It’s so refreshing to see these ladies in more reserved choices!