Menu

November 6, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Giambattista Valli x H&M Fashion Show

Giambattista Valli x H&M Fashion Show

The Giambattista Valli x H&M fashion show took place in Rome, Italy on Thursday (October 24), in the stunning Palazzo Doria, which was a breath-taking setting for the pink lined fashion show, which was set up so everyone had a front row seat.

Sofia Carson:  The actress was the first person to catch my eye at this event.  She arrived with a camera crew in tow, which I later discovered part of a “Get Ready With Me” Vogue Paris special.  As petite as Sofia is, the girl knows how to work a dress.  This red tulle dress, which closed the show, was teased and twirled with precision.  The lace boots from the same collection gave this look an edge, while the jewels, including the lip accented belt gave the look a touch a Parisian elegance.  When I went to the store to preview and shop the collection following this fashion show, this dress was the first thing to be sold-out.

Anna Dello Russo:  When hosting a show in Rome, you of course invite Anna Dello Russo.  The Fashion Editor was wearing a look from the first drop, which was presented in a fluffy light-pink hue for this second drop.  This look perfectly sums up Anna’s style.  Loud, bright, in your face yet still oozing with femininity.

Giambattista Valli x H&M

H.E.R.:  The singer was also part of the GBV x HM gang who launched this collection during amfAR Cannes.  She wore a delicate lace dress from the second drop which is a perfect reflection of Giambattista Valli dainty elegance.  Bringing her style to the look, she paired her dress with caged booties, and shades.

Chris Lee/Li Yuchun:  Considering Giambattista Valli featured menswear for the first time, I was expecting the singer, who is known for her androgynous style, to have selected some pieces from that side.  I love the rocker edge I’m getting from this look.  The jacket is my favourite part of this look, along with the boots.

Giambattista Valli x H&M

After the fashion show and cocktail, guests moved down Via del Corso to the Grand Hotel Plaza, another Roman landmark of timeless splendour and elegance for the after party hosted by DJ collective Circoloco, where Peggy Gou and Seth Troxler, as well as Clara3000, were playing.

Credit: H&M

, ,

'Marriage Story' LA Premiere With Scarlett Johansson, Laura Dern & Florence Pugh

‘Marriage Story’ LA Premiere With Scarlett Johansson, Laura Dern & Florence Pugh

'Charlie's Angels' VIP New York Screening

‘Charlie’s Angels’ VIP New York Screening

13 Responses to Giambattista Valli x H&M Fashion Show

1. Sharon M November 7, 2019 at 12:10 pm #

Anna, as always, looks terrible. Totally inappropriate.

2. Noor November 7, 2019 at 3:09 am #

Li Yuchun is outstanding.

I don’t like both the Kendall’s looks. Seems like designers can’t get over with tulle dresses. So boring.

3. Phee phee November 6, 2019 at 8:09 pm #

Chris Lee looks absolutely amazing. I believe it might be a personal best for her….at least from what I remember. H2t flawless. LOVE that jacket!

The others are a big no.
    Anna looks ridiculous as per usual. So super bad.
    Sophias dress is so so deja vu. A GV fluffy mullet dress – seen that a billion times.
    HERs outfit is very meh. The dress is not overly flattering to her. Im never gonna like sunglasses on the RC. The bots are not right with this.

4. Los_NGLS November 6, 2019 at 3:16 pm #

I don’t like these at all, and I feel like they’re kinda overpriced for being H&M, even if it is a designer colab.

5. Catarina_M November 6, 2019 at 2:16 pm #

I don’t like the booties on Sofia, I wish she wore this dress with different shoes. And her hair looks too poised for the dress.
    Ana doesn’t sell this look for me, it’s too girlie.
    Chris Lee is my favourite.

6. Guest November 6, 2019 at 12:23 pm #

Anna’s style is awful. The dress would be great on a woman 20 years younger. Sorry to say that, but she should dress a bit more age appropriate. Which doesn’t have to mean boring and all black. But this just seems so desperate.

• Guest November 6, 2019 at 12:35 pm #

I kind of agree…. But then I think, why should women have to dress age-appropriately? She knows it’s not age-appropriate and she doesn’t care.

• Guest November 6, 2019 at 12:54 pm #

I don’t see age is the problem, the problem is the attitude. I could picture this on Helen Mirren, but on Anna it looks bizzare and trying hard.

7. sueno November 6, 2019 at 12:05 pm #

This red dress is so boring i have feeling that every celeb have worn it.

8. Guest November 6, 2019 at 11:57 am #

So glad you were well enough to attend. HER and Chris Lee are my faves, love the booties and boots with both looks.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards November 6, 2019 at 12:20 pm #

This event was on October 24. A time when I was 100%…now only 60% 🙁

• Guest November 6, 2019 at 10:37 pm #

Ah, no, so sad to hear that. Hope this bug you have picks up its books, and bags, and leeaavvvves…..

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards November 7, 2019 at 7:47 am #

I’m praying for the same. It’s a weird one. I can be fine for some time. Then have a crippling fever.