Menu

October 28, 2019

Greta Gerwig In Christian Dior - Honorary Oscar Lina Wertmuller's Celebration Lunch

Greta Gerwig attended the Honorary Oscar Lina Wertmuller’s Celebration Lunch hosted By Martha De Laurentiis With Genoma Films And Sardinia Film Commission on Saturday (October 26) in Los Angeles, California.

This couldn’t have been a more elegant ladies-who-lunch look.

Some may not be a huge fan of Greta’s baby blue with her Dior outfit, but I love how it picks up the blue detail in her multi-coloured embroidered skirt.

Her jacket is a reinterpretation of the iconic Bar jacket, with its structured and elegant cut.

So do you feel that it needed the belt?

I feel that it helps tie in the classic Dior slingback pumps, and the whole look was a beautiful tribute to femininity according to Dior vision’s.

Credit: Getty

, , , ,

Lupita Nyong'o Sparkles In Alexandre Vauthier Haute Couture At The 2019 British Academy Britannia Awards

Lupita Nyong’o Sparkles In Alexandre Vauthier Haute Couture At The 2019 British Academy Britannia Awards

Kerry Washington Dons David Koma For The 2019 British Academy Britannia Awards

Kerry Washington Dons David Koma For The 2019 British Academy Britannia Awards

8 Responses to Greta Gerwig Is A Lady Who Lunches In Dior For The Honorary Oscar Lina Wertmuller’s Celebration

1. Phee phee October 29, 2019 at 4:16 am #

not my kind of thing. Its very mumsy. The bag is so ug.

2. Guest October 28, 2019 at 9:19 pm #

Wow I love this! I am usually not a fan of Greta’s style but she rocked this look from head to toe.

3. Sharon M October 28, 2019 at 12:14 pm #

I agree that the jacket needed a belt, but I don’t love that belt. The jacket looks too bulky around the middle…maybe it was too boxy for that belt. It could have been altered. Other than that, I like the look.

4. Guest October 28, 2019 at 11:20 am #

This is lovely on her. What do women keep in those tiny bags?

5. Guest October 28, 2019 at 8:51 am #

The jacket shape means with the belt it looks a tad awkward but overall the belt improves the elegant look.

6. Jess Mara October 28, 2019 at 3:40 am #

So appropriate for a ladies who lunch lookand I do feel that it needed the belt – I think it would have been way too bulky without it.

7. Noor October 28, 2019 at 3:02 am #

Really event appropriate. The jacket need a belt & clutch is outstanding. I like this head to toe, and of course her smile completes everything her outfit lacks of.

8. JasLinds October 28, 2019 at 1:05 am #

She looks very elegant. Definitely needed the belt as I think the outfit would have looked a little bulky otherwise.