Menu

October 22, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Zoe Saldana Was Back To Black For The 2019 National Arts Awards

Zoe Saldana In Givenchy - 2019 National Arts Awards

The Americans for the Arts celebrated their 2019 National Arts Awards held at Cipriani 42nd Street in New York City on Monday (October 21) with Zoe Saldana in attendance.

The actress hasn’t made many red carpet appearance in 2019, but when she does, she’s usually wearing black.

On this occasion the original version of her Givenchy Resort 2020 velvet dress accented with silk ruffled details was presented in hot-pink.

I’m sure you’ll agree that Zoe made the right choice, as I can’t picture her in the look book colour.

This look is very elegant. And she made the right choice in sweeping her hair back with the high, ruffled neckline.

Jared Lehr one of a kind 30 Carat Colombian emerald earrings were the perfect finishing touch in more ways than one.

Givenchy Resort 2020

Credit: Johns PKI/Splash News/ABACAPRESS.COM/Givenchy & Vogue.com

, , , , , ,

Queen Letizia of Spain Takes Center Stage At The Enthronement Ceremony Of Emperor Naruhito

Naomie Harris Returns To The Red Carpet For 'Black & Blue' Build Series & New York Screening

Naomie Harris Returns To The Red Carpet For ‘Black & Blue’ Build Series & New York Screening

10 Responses to Zoe Saldana Was Back To Black For The 2019 National Arts Awards

1. KseniaBradner October 24, 2019 at 7:12 pm #

I want Cate Blanchett in the magenta pink runway version. This black is nice but forgettable. I miss Zoe’s 2009-2010 Golden Era. Petra please bring that back.

2. Paola102 October 23, 2019 at 1:48 pm #

It’s a little bit too one tone. The velvet doesn’t help with the boxiness of the dress and the lighting doesn’t seem to help.

3. Guest October 23, 2019 at 10:15 am #

Zoe Saldana is my long time girl crush, and she couldn’t look more stunning if she tries. I agree that I would love her even more if she wore the runway pink version, but I guess the black version suits her mysterious personality better. Whereas for the emerald drop earrings, DROOL!! Gorgeous as usual, hot Latina beauty alert!!

4. Catarina_M October 23, 2019 at 9:07 am #

The dress is boring but I want those earrings!

5. Guest October 22, 2019 at 11:52 pm #

Maybe in the pink this would have been a winner. As it is, it’s meh.

6. Phee phee October 22, 2019 at 10:08 pm #

I find this stuffy on her. I also dont like that it widens her somewhat. The dress is just not great.
    Those earrings though are fabulous!!

• Jess Mara October 23, 2019 at 12:29 am #

I agree. I had to do a second look cause I thought I liked it at first but it really does make her look boxy (which she definitely isn’t). I do love that she put her hair up and wore those stunning emerald earrings.

7. Guest October 22, 2019 at 8:27 pm #

Love the dress. She looks fantastic. Those earrings?

8. Guest October 22, 2019 at 7:39 pm #

I love it.
    The dress looks more expensive in black.

9. Guest October 22, 2019 at 7:36 pm #

The black is nice but I do think she could have owned the pink version. Maybe I’m thinking about old style Zoe.