Menu

October 18, 2019 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Hailee Steinfeld Francesco Scognamiglio 'Dickinson' New York Premiere

The ‘Dickinson’ New York premiere on Thursday (October 17), saw Hailee Steinfeld rock two red carpet looks.

One for the main event, and one for the after-party.

‘Dickinson’ New York Premiere:  Let’s start with what I like about this Francesco Scognamiglio Spring 2018 Couture look.

I like that she opted for flesh-coloured leggings rather than panties.

And that…*checks pictures again*…is pretty much it.

Honestly, I’m surprised this look is from the 2018 collection.  I would’ve guess 2002 at the very least.

As much as I am fan of things that sparkle, this was too gaudy for my liking.

Francesco Scognamiglio Spring 2018 Couture

‘Dickinson’ New York premiere After Party:   When it came to this tonal python print Philosophy Di Lorenzo Serafini Spring 2019 look my mood improved.

Did she over kill it with the matching boots?

I would’ve said yes, until I saw how the black boots ruined the look on the runway.

Philosophy Di Lorenzo Serafini Spring 2019
Shop the look

, , , , , , , , ,

Eva Longoria Swaps A Gown For A Suit For The Global Gift Gala London

Eva Longoria Swaps A Gown For A Suit For The Global Gift Gala London

Alice Pagani Delights In Black & White For The 'Baby' Season Two Premiere

Alice Pagani Delights In Black & White For The ‘Baby’ Season Two Premiere

15 Responses to Hailee Steinfeld Wears Two Standout Looks For The ‘Dickinson’ New York Premiere & After-Party

1. Jess Mara October 20, 2019 at 11:59 pm #

Wow cant belive how bad both of these are – they are headed onto my WDOTY list!!!

2. Guest October 20, 2019 at 10:50 pm #

I might be in the minority here but I absolutely love both. The first one I say if you can rock it do it and she can! Also the second with the matching boots I think is so chic.

3. Sharon M October 19, 2019 at 11:20 am #

Both looks are awful in their own way.

4. Guest October 18, 2019 at 6:47 pm #

The dress should have been left for someone such as Bebe Rexha.
    For the second look, only one of the python print pieces should have selected and styled with other pieces.

5. CharlotteLG October 18, 2019 at 3:33 pm #

Both looks are pretty bad, the first one can even be a WDOTY!

6. Phee phee October 18, 2019 at 3:25 pm #

No to both. The first is tacky. Plus the color is not right for her tone.
    The second is ugly too. Do not like those boots with it.

• Jess Mara October 21, 2019 at 12:02 am #

I do wonder why she persists with the nude looks

7. Guest October 18, 2019 at 3:19 pm #

Both of these outfits are bad but for different reasons. I mean the boots kill the second look and the first is just plain old tacky. I agree with Los_NGLS that these must have looked better in person.

8. lmkw October 18, 2019 at 2:58 pm #

Hard pass.

9. Los_NGLS October 18, 2019 at 2:48 pm #

Yeah that dress is… I don’t know. I wonder if these things look drastically better in person when they choose them? I know for sure when I see couture dresses at the Met (my only real exposure to couture ?) I do find myself likeing dresses I did not like in photos.

Anyway, I think I am going to classify this as a Rihanna dress, as in “Ugly until Rihanna says it isn’t”

10. Guest October 18, 2019 at 2:33 pm #

The dress is not my favorite – would have been much prettier with a full, ballgown-type, fully-lined skirt. The second look is actually super cute and modern! I love how the girly ruffle is juxtaposed with the sultry snakeskin print and crop top. I think some sandals could have probably elevated the look – but I think she was going for edgy!

11. Catarina_M October 18, 2019 at 2:31 pm #

I hate the bottom half on both looks: on the first one, that sheer skirt and on the second one, those boots. Lining and some barely there sandals (respectively) would have been better.

12. Guest October 18, 2019 at 2:26 pm #

The first is super sheer so I hate it even though she looks great in it. The second look is too much with the boots.

13. Guest October 18, 2019 at 1:55 pm #

i don’t like the first look, it doesn’t fit her body right

• Jess Mara October 20, 2019 at 11:59 pm #