Menu

October 16, 2019 Runway to Sidewalk

Cardi B Talks Fashion In Sally LaPointe At The Vogue Forces Of Fashion Event

Cardi B Talks Fashion In Sally LaPointe At The Vogue Forces Of Fashion Event

Despite turning out a series of looks by the likes of Richard Quinn and Chanel during Paris Fashion Week, Cardi B still believes she has something to prove when it comes to the fashion world, which she explained at the Vogue Forces of Fashion Event on Thursday (October 10).

We all know that the rapper doesn’t do things by halves, but she did on this occasion wearing a cognac and green leather blazer and corset waist trousers from Sally LaPointe’s Spring 2020 collection.

I know some will never like her style, putting her persona before the outfits, but I love how this look maintains a sense of elegance despite its unique appearance.

I’m surprised she didn’t opt for a shoe in each colour, I think that would’ve been a really cool touch place one on the opposite foot.

But I am glad she didn’t opt for a dual colour wig.  That would’ve been a step too far, even for me.

Sally LaPointe Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , ,

The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge Are Gorgeous In Green In Islamabad

The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge Are Gorgeous In Green In Islamabad

Kasia Smutniak Opens  MipCom 2019 In Style

Kasia Smutniak Opens MipCom 2019 In Style

14 Responses to Cardi B Talks Fashion In Sally LaPointe At The Vogue Forces Of Fashion Event

1. KseniaBradner October 17, 2019 at 2:40 pm #

This suits Cardi’s style but isn’t tacky, so I love it.

2. Guest October 17, 2019 at 8:12 am #

I don’t really like the split colour but i like the cut and it suits her personality/persona. I wish she had taken off the nail polish and worn bright yellow pumps instead.

3. Guest October 17, 2019 at 3:50 am #

Love this look on her. Restrained while still cool, sexy, and modern. She at least TRIES to look high fashion, while others like Nicki Minaj never reach this level of sophistication.

4. Jess Mara October 17, 2019 at 2:37 am #

While I wish the bra wasn’t on display I do really like this on Cardi B – such a fun look that is very hard to pull off.
    I would have totally loved if she had worn two different coloured shoes too Catherine but I think it would have made it veer into comical territory.

5. MissHebble October 16, 2019 at 7:36 pm #

I don’t usually like Cardi’s outfits but I sort of love this. Now I’m questioning everything I thought I knew. What’s real? What’s not? 😉

• Jess Mara October 17, 2019 at 2:38 am #

Yep. That is usually me too – now Im actually Pinning a Cardi B outfit. I’m so confused.

6. Guest October 16, 2019 at 6:28 pm #

This kind of works!
    She’s pulling it off

7. Guest October 16, 2019 at 1:35 pm #

On the model, this outfit looks easy-going but over-the-top. On Cardi, it looks a little forced, possibly because it hugs her tighter than on the model. I also wish she had done a different top so that we don’t see the bra under the sheer layer.

8. Catarina_M October 16, 2019 at 10:53 am #

I like it, except for the bra on display.

9. Guest October 16, 2019 at 10:48 am #

Not my thing but she actually pulls if off. I wish she’d chosen a different nail colour, the neon yellow is a bit distracting and doen’t go well with the whole look.

10. Guest October 16, 2019 at 10:27 am #

I welcome Cardi’s fearless fashion style but this time is a pass for me. Maybe a more relaxed approach, like the one presented in the runaway, could improve this but as she presented the suit it gives me a DC comics villian déja vu.

11. Phee phee October 16, 2019 at 10:16 am #

Nope. too matchy matchy for me.
    I like each color individually but this half thing is not for me.

• Phee phee October 16, 2019 at 11:13 am #

I wish the nails at least matched one side….that also bugs me

• Jess Mara October 17, 2019 at 2:38 am #

Yes that bugs me to – pick either colour just don’t add another colour to the mix.