Menu

October 7, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet, Screening

Cate Blanchett Brings High End Glamour To The IWC Zurich Film Festival Dinner

IWC brand ambassador Cate Blanchett attended the IWC private dinner held at Haute on Saturday (October 5) in Switzerland during the Zurich Film Festival, following her attendance at the ‘Where’d You Go, Bernadette’ special screening.

During the event, Cate was presented the 5th Filmmaker Award.

When I saw the Australian actress in this Jean Paul Gaultier Fall 2019 Haute Couture gown this weekend I was stunned.

By this point, I shouldn’t be surprised by the brilliance and flawless execution of Cate Blanchett’s work, yet here I am, picking my chin off the floor, once again.

I would put this dotted and embellished piece in her Hall of Fame in the same league with her Christian Lacroix Haute Couture gown, Armani Prive from 2018 Venice Film Festival, Armani Prive from 2016 Oscars, Givenchy Haute Couture from the 2007 Berlinale Film Festival and Givenchy Haute Couture from the 2011 Oscars.

Yep.  It’s that good.

Where would you rank this in Cate’s top 10?

Jean Paul Gaultier Fall 2019 Haute Couture

Cate’s first appearance during the 2019 Zurich Film Festival was for the special screening of ‘Where’d You Go, Bernadette.’

The look was effortlessly chic in Saint Laurent’s Resort 2020 collection; oozing with plenty of Hollywood glam thanks to the sparkling trousers.

Saint Laurent Resort 2020

Credit: Harold Cunningham/Getty Images for IWC, Instagram & Vogue.com

, , , , , , , ,

Scarlett Johansson Rocks A Bejeweled Black Jumpsuit To The 'Marriage Story' New York Film Festival Premiere

Scarlett Johansson Rocks A Bejeweled Black Jumpsuit To The ‘Marriage Story’ New York Film Festival Premiere

Charlize Theron Debuts The Christian Dior Spring 2020 Collection, And A New Hair Cut For 'The Addams Family' LA Premiere

Charlize Theron Debuts The Christian Dior Spring 2020 Collection, And A New Hair Cut For ‘The Addams Family’ LA Premiere

21 Responses to Cate Blanchett Brings High-End Haute Couture Glamour To The IWC Dinner & ‘Where’d You Go, Bernadette’ Zurich Film Festival Screening

1. Jess Mara October 9, 2019 at 3:01 am #

She is the Queen of the Red Carpet no questions!!

2. Phee phee October 7, 2019 at 9:49 pm #

I love the second look more…She just looks so simply elegant and regal.
    The first is intriguing but I don’t like the color on her. Its sort of a bland color.

3. Guest October 7, 2019 at 6:41 pm #

I don’t really love the Gaultier. 🙊Maybe Juliette Binoche, Cher, a tall redhead or Gwendoline would have really sold it to me.

4. Guest October 7, 2019 at 5:56 pm #

I am not part of the cult of Cate so I like both of these looks and she looks fine but neither has me swooning.

5. Guest October 7, 2019 at 1:39 pm #

For the JPG gown, I just wish dots had been in different colours. The black dotcs kinda reminds of of Yayoi Kusama’s famous work.

For the Saint Laurent look, I think my attention is drawn by the guy next to her…😆

6. Guest October 7, 2019 at 2:38 pm #

Can we just all agree that Cate Blanchett is THE QUEEN of the red carpet?

7. KseniaBradner October 7, 2019 at 2:15 pm #

I LOVE the JPG! Queen Cate. I love that Gwendoline Cristie is Cate’s heir in her own Gwendoline way.

I like the black look, it’s nice but not as amazeballs as the JPG.

8. Paola102 October 7, 2019 at 2:02 pm #

Amazing dress and the St Laurent outing, the pants sells it for me. I think it’s her confidence and her attitude, the way she stands, full of self-esteem that makes every look better than the other. Don’t you think?

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards October 7, 2019 at 2:05 pm #

Totally agree. The Saint Laurent may have been a snooze on someone else

• Noor October 8, 2019 at 4:56 am #

So true.

9. Guest October 7, 2019 at 1:37 pm #

Her stature really sells and elevates that Gaultier gown. On the model, it’s very Crusades realness. On Cate, it looks avant-garde in a more modern way.

10. Guest October 7, 2019 at 1:08 pm #

Like a goddess! Perfect

11. Guest October 7, 2019 at 1:06 pm #

I think she wins the year again with this Gaultier
    It’s done all the other ladystars can go home 🙂

12. Guest October 7, 2019 at 1:05 pm #

As always she let’s me speechless. Her Jean Paul Gaultier look is not only my favorite by far but also is going to be one of her best looks ever, so few can make edgy look this sophisticated. I specially love how the change of color and size of the dots gives a naked dress illusion, so clever. We can cancel the rest of the week, she just won the BDOTW title.

Her YSL moment is perfectly executed but quite forgettable, specially the shoes. Just OK for me.

13. P&P October 7, 2019 at 12:56 pm #

Cate never disappoints. She’s a queen.

14. Inga? October 7, 2019 at 12:46 pm #

She is just on another level, amazing amazing

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards October 7, 2019 at 2:05 pm #

Unmatched. I agree

15. Los_NGLS October 7, 2019 at 12:39 pm #

Cate has that rare ability to make looks that I couldn’t see work off the runway TOTALLY work.

16. Guest October 7, 2019 at 12:17 pm #

Cate looks amazing in both outfits. I love the St Laurent outfit just a little bit more than the Gaultier.

17. Guest October 7, 2019 at 12:07 pm #

It’s amazing! I have a love-hate relationship with the actual design, but on her it looks amazing, especially in that instagram picture!

She is truly incredible! <3

• Kat October 7, 2019 at 8:46 pm #

I think she looks beautiful and regal, but I don’t like design either. The dots on the stomach look like a pregnancy optical-illusion to me. Kinda odd