Menu

October 7, 2019 Photocall, Runway To Red Carpet

Angelina Jolie Blossoms In Givenchy Haute Couture For The 'Maleficent: Mistress Of Evil' Rome Photocall

Usually on a Monday I work on the events on chronological order, but as soon as I saw Angelina Jolie attended the Rome photocall for the ‘Maleficent: Mistress Of Evil’ held at the Hotel De La Ville today (October 7) in Italy, I couldn’t concentrate on anything else.

I have to say in terms of Angelina’s style.  This is the most unpredictable promo tour for her so far.

Today she surprised us all wearing a Givenchy Spring 2019 Haute Couture look, that saw her once again step out of her comfort zone.

Who knew that Angelina would turn out to be the breakout star of this promo tour?

I will temper my over enthusiasm to say that I wish Angelina had opted to not place her hands in her pocket, only because it disrupts the flow of the oversized bow.

I will also go on to say, that I would’ve keeled over, had she worn the latex leggings from Look 1.

Some may wish that Angelina has opted for a sleeker, tight bun,  but I’m loving the laidback, barely teases tresses she’s favouring at the moment.

Givenchy Spring 2019 Haute Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , , , ,

Best Dressed Of The Week

Best Dressed Of The Week

Scarlett Johansson Rocks A Bejeweled Black Jumpsuit To The 'Marriage Story' New York Film Festival Premiere

Scarlett Johansson Rocks A Bejeweled Black Jumpsuit To The ‘Marriage Story’ New York Film Festival Premiere

34 Responses to Angelina Jolie Blossoms In Givenchy Haute Couture For The ‘Maleficent: Mistress Of Evil’ Rome Photocall

1. Los_NGLS October 9, 2019 at 7:59 pm #

YEEEESSSS!!! I just saw it on your IG and switched over here to comment on it! Not a color, sure, but MY GOD what a dress!!! She probably saw our comment thread 😉🤣

2. Jess Mara October 9, 2019 at 2:48 am #

OMG those latex trousers would have been amazing with this look!!!
    I still love this even if placing her hands in her pockets ruins the line of the top. Another big win for me as she looks stunning and so fresh and young!!

3. Red Carpet Fashion Awards October 8, 2019 at 10:37 pm #

I hope you’re right 😍

4. Noor October 8, 2019 at 4:45 am #

She made my day. I’ve always been a fan of her red carpet pants more than gowns. This whole look stands out. Color shade is awesome. She looks younger and prettier than ever.

5. Phee phee October 7, 2019 at 9:34 pm #

What a change of pace! I love it! So unexpected that I was taken aback.
    I love the color on her, or on anybody. Its so refreshing,
    She looks really good.

6. Guest October 7, 2019 at 8:25 pm #

J’adore h2t (!) so effortlessly fashionable.

7. Guest October 7, 2019 at 6:33 pm #

What a fun look from her.

8. Guest October 7, 2019 at 5:29 pm #

Wow, she looks breathtaking!
    Such a soft, delicate and feminine look

9. Guest October 7, 2019 at 3:39 pm #

She looks really beautiful. And the relaxed vibe of the whole outfit is a welcomed change of pace from the seriousness of her usual all-black POV. But to me, something about the styling feels a bit lazy. I can’t quite articulate it, but overall, it’s a lovely look.

10. KseniaBradner October 7, 2019 at 2:13 pm #

This is really refreshing and outside of her comfortzone. There are ways to usually wear black that isn’t boring and Angelina is *beginning* to find it. Let’s encourage her! Love this.

11. Paola102 October 7, 2019 at 2:08 pm #

She looks so, so good. We could nitpick about the bust, a tighter pants, no hands in pockets….she looks so happy and radiant and glowing that it doesn’t matter! And she looks younger. I love it!

12. Guest October 7, 2019 at 1:48 pm #

The top and the pants look very disconnected, whether the choice of the fabric or the colour.

13. Los_NGLS October 7, 2019 at 12:42 pm #

Angie in lavender 😮😮😮
    WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!!! 😍😍😍

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards October 7, 2019 at 2:02 pm #

Indeed

• Los_NGLS October 8, 2019 at 9:02 pm #

I think she has another surprise in store for us on this ‘tour’, I can feel it!

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards October 9, 2019 at 7:17 pm #

You were right…. tonight’s premiere was EPIC.

14. P&P October 7, 2019 at 1:31 pm #

I like it! I’ve been waiting for someone to wear this ensemble, and I think Angelina nailed it. It looks a bit awkward on her bust, but she still looks incredible.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards October 7, 2019 at 2:03 pm #

Me too. I was secretly wishing for Rooney Mara, but I love that it was Angelina.

15. Guest October 7, 2019 at 1:03 pm #

The lilac color on Angelina is divine. She looks beautiful and overall this is a huge win for her even if I would change a few minor things.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards October 7, 2019 at 2:02 pm #

It really brightens up her complexion.

16. Guest October 7, 2019 at 1:03 pm #

Her hair and makeup are beautiful. But this is just not a great look. I get the whimsical theme but it’s just not a great top regardless. I appreciate the change up. And she’s still amazingly beautiful with a giant pleated lavender butterfly on her.

17. Guest October 7, 2019 at 12:52 pm #

Don’t know what’s brought this change or if it’s just for this promo but I’m so here for it. I might have preferred hair up and slightly looser cut pants but this is still thumbs up.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards October 7, 2019 at 2:02 pm #

I’m here for it 1000%

18. Guest October 7, 2019 at 12:48 pm #

She looks gorgeous. The pop of color is lovely on her and i really like her hair.

19. Guest October 7, 2019 at 12:28 pm #

Ruffles, assymetry, and the color PURPLE??!!!!!???? *rubs eyes, looks again* Angelina Jolie??!! Not wholly convinced by the styling but, gee willikers, who da thunk? I’ll take it.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards October 7, 2019 at 2:01 pm #

This is exactly how I feel. Not perfection, but one to savior for sure.

20. Guest October 7, 2019 at 12:19 pm #

This is a no for me because I can with the recent trend of huge tops. She’s actually wearing a COLOR so that’s a plus.

21. CharlotteLG October 7, 2019 at 12:03 pm #

This is a nice change for her but the top a bit of mess on her.
    Maybe it’s a size too big on her hand in her pocket, I don’t know.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards October 7, 2019 at 2:01 pm #

I think it might be her hands in the pockets.

22. Guest October 7, 2019 at 11:44 am #

I want to go crazy over it because its (a) a different colour and (b) a different silhouette… But in reality it distorts her chest area a bit, in a way that isn’t the most flattering. I think this is one of the best pictures because from this angle it doesn’t look too bad. But “A” for effort, and long may it continue! Her radiance trumps all.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards October 7, 2019 at 12:05 pm #

It was a struggle to find a good picture. The photographer appeared to be at the left of her, so this was the only good one that showed the full look front on.

23. Guest October 7, 2019 at 11:22 am #

Wow, she’s so unpredictable and I love it! Her make up is flawless. Overall, I don’t mind this look at all. She looks chic and 10 years younger. Thank God for this change of pace!

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards October 7, 2019 at 2:01 pm #

She does look so much younger. You’re right. I was trying to figure out what feels so different about this look. I thought it was the hair.

• Guest October 7, 2019 at 5:59 pm #

I agree with you. The only thing I don’t like is how the top is falling on her body. Maybe it’s the pose but I will take a look like this from AJ any day of the week.