Menu

September 26, 2019

Will Rogers Pioneer Dinner Honoring Elizabeth Banks

Will Rogers 78th Annual Pioneer Dinner Honoring Elizabeth Banks

The Will Rogers Motion Picture Pioneers Foundation honoured Elizabeth Banks as the recipient of its Pioneer of the Year Award, which was presented on Wednesday (September 25) at The Beverly Hilton in California.

Elizabeth is the first female director to receive the honour, which is given to a member of the motion picture community who exemplifies professional leadership, service and commitment to philanthropy.

I was excited to her back on the red carpet, and it looks like my girl hasn’t lost her love for things that sparkle.

On this occasion she was brimming with plenty of sass in Tom Ford, thanks to the deep V-cut neckline and an above-the-knee length.

Spectacular sequins in purple form in a dynamic matter to ensure she made an impactful entrance.

Eggplant velvet sandals completed her Fall ready red carpet look.

Tom Ford

Credit: Tom Ford & Getty

, , , ,

New Bags On NET-A-PORTER

New Bags On NET-A-PORTER

Ella Balinska Celebrates Elizabeth Banks Pioneer of the Year Award

Ella Balinska Celebrates Elizabeth Banks Pioneer of the Year Award

12 Responses to Will Rogers Pioneer Dinner Honoring Elizabeth Banks

1. Guest September 30, 2019 at 11:04 pm #

She can do so, so, so much better. A disappointment.

2. Jess Mara September 27, 2019 at 2:07 am #

love the colour of the dress but not about the lining.

3. JasLinds September 27, 2019 at 1:41 am #

I’m disappointed with this look. I expect way more from Elizabeth. Also, he legs are like 10 shades darker than her upper half and I don’t think it’s due to shadow…

4. Guest September 26, 2019 at 11:02 pm #

I don’t entirely dislike it but the shorter length together with those shoes make it too twee, in my opinion. Also, I don’t see how the velvet of the sandals with the flowiness of the dress match too well.

I love the colours on her, however. She always looks wonderful in cold tones.

5. Paola102 September 26, 2019 at 8:26 pm #

I would have love this if the dress was longer. This is a bit shorter than “above-the-knee” 😉
    The V is done right at least and the colour of the dress is very nice.

6. MissHebble September 26, 2019 at 3:10 pm #

I like the dress although agree the lining is off. At a first glance, with the hair I mistook Elizabeth for Katy Perry. I could see Katy in this…

7. Guest September 26, 2019 at 2:09 pm #

Newp. Too short, V too deep, lining is fug

8. Guest September 26, 2019 at 11:59 am #

The dress feels blah for her and a bit dated in general, I’d left this for someone as Cheryl or Erika Jayne.
    The black sandals also look a bit dated and why black?

9. Noor September 26, 2019 at 11:43 am #

Lining? It’s too light. But can’t help I fell for her at first sight. I wonder how it’d be look if the dress is longer…

10. _Hannah_ September 26, 2019 at 11:06 am #

Love the dress, dislike the lining, don’t understand the choice of shoes (they’re too heavy imo). But nonetheless she looks lovely.

11. Catarina_M September 26, 2019 at 10:55 am #

What’s happening with designers and lining this days? As good as she looks, that clear lining is ruining for me.

12. MissCoco September 26, 2019 at 10:53 am #

Stunning. Spectacular. She looks like a feminine and strong woman who deserves an award. I love it!