Menu

September 13, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Cardi B In Georges Hobeika Couture – 2019 Diamond Ball

Cardi B In Georges Hobeika Couture - 2019 Diamond Ball

Cardi B brought some fairy tale magic to the 2019 Diamond Ball on Thursday evening (September 12) in New York City. This marked the fifth year of the event, which benefits the Clara Lionel Foundation.

She was a vision in pastels in this Georges Hobeika Fall 2019 Couture gown.

It is a delightful explosion of pastel fabric. It has a sweetness, but doesn’t become saccharine.

The treatment of the strips of fabric brings to mind the romantic notion of a jellyfish.

Those who are surprised about her softer ensemble should note that she tends to go for princess looks at this event. For the 2017 Diamond Ball, she was a beauty in pale blue.

Do you want to see this side of the rapper more?

Georges Hobeika Fall 2019 Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , ,

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex Returns To The Spotlight After Her Maternity Leave

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex Returns To The Spotlight After Her Maternity Leave

Kerry Washington In Zuhair Murad Couture - 'American Son' Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Kerry Washington In Zuhair Murad Couture – ‘American Son’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

10 Responses to Cardi B In Georges Hobeika Couture – 2019 Diamond Ball

1. Jess Mara September 16, 2019 at 1:32 am #

Shame tha camera flash washed out the soft pink hue. Other than that I love this gown.

2. Guest September 14, 2019 at 5:27 pm #

She looks like a pretty doll

3. Phee phee September 14, 2019 at 4:18 am #

She actually makes this work very well. Im surprised and delighted.
    I want to not like it bc its hard to give her credit…..but she looks damn good in this. I prefer her in these feminine/non-ho looks. she does it well.
    Lovely.

4. Guest September 13, 2019 at 5:50 pm #

Not my personal taste but I don’t think Cardi wears it very well and I love her neck up glam.

5. Guest September 13, 2019 at 5:21 pm #

I actually like the gown. It would have been interesting at Cannes. On the one hand it’s good to see a different style on Cardi and her vibe stops the sickly sweet or too precious, on the other side such Sonam, Yara, or Fan may have been a better choice.

6. Guest September 13, 2019 at 4:31 pm #

Few people commented in the past few days about George Hobeika and his creations being good enough or not for a supposed “A-List” stars. I hope they see this post. If someone had lied to me and told me this is a Giambattista Valli or a Valentino, I would have totally bought that lie. When it comes to creativity/art I don’t think there are levels, each have their own place. Sure he might make certain kind of dresses more often, to cater to a specific client base but he’s got to run a business, say Nicolas at LV or Maria at Dior would have less of business pressure yet they make crap.

7. Guest September 13, 2019 at 2:11 pm #

She looks like a giant marshmallow. Can’t stand her.

• Guest September 16, 2019 at 2:08 am #

I thought of a jelly fish.?

8. Guest September 13, 2019 at 1:23 pm #

BDOTY nominee

Cardi is becoming one to watch on the redcarpet

This is soft and delicate and really really pretty.

The Oscars are not the only event where u wear big beautiful gowns.

9. Guest September 13, 2019 at 1:07 pm #

I love this dress, but would have liked to seen it on the Oscar carpet instead.