Menu

August 22, 2019 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Cara Delevingne's  Iris van Herpen Haute Couture Galactic Moment For Amazon's 'Carnival Row' LA Premiere

It’s been one of the quietest summers on the red carpet this year, but Cara Delevingne set it damn thing ablaze for the LA premiere of Amazon’s ‘Carnival Row’ on Wednesday (August 21) in Hollywood, California.

The model-actress was giving me so much life wearing a piece from Iris van Herpen’s Fall 2019 collection.

Sightings of these pieces are few and far between, which is probably a good thing, as that means we get to appreciate the complexities, artistry and sculptural brilliance of these pieces.

It’s not often we see Cara in a dress these days, but who would say no to this work of art?

Not letting the dress to do all the talking, I love how the hair and makeup took things up a notch, topping off the galactic feel.

Was this look otherworldly, or did Cara bite off more than she could chew?

Iris van Herpen Fall 2019 Haute Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , ,

Andie Macdowell's Menswear Inspired Look For  Sirius XM

Andie Macdowell’s Menswear Inspired Look For Sirius XM

Stepping Into Fall

Stepping Into Fall

17 Responses to Cara Delevingne’s Haute Couture Galactic Moment For Amazon’s ‘Carnival Row’ LA Premiere

1. Phee phee August 24, 2019 at 3:56 am #

I tried to get excited by this but it just reminds me of a muumuu. A very fancy muumuu perhaps…
    I usually love van Herpen but this one is not appealing to me so much.
    I like the hair piece additions. the makeup looks fun.

2. Guest August 23, 2019 at 5:43 pm #

She wears this so well!
    I am in love!

3. MissCoco August 23, 2019 at 11:01 am #

Love the artistic feel the dress is giving me, with the makeup and hair become a great red carpet moment. The only thing I would change is the sheer panels on the shoulders. I can’t get them.

4. Sharon M August 23, 2019 at 10:49 am #

She is the person who can carry this look…but I don’t like the dress. It is definitely a costume.

5. Guest August 22, 2019 at 9:24 pm #

I always love these Iris van Herpen red carpet moments, however, this is definitely not one of them! This print is just ugly af. The middle part especially bothers me, it looks like a Guy Fawkes’ mask being stretched out. 😆

6. lelaid August 22, 2019 at 7:54 pm #

This is easily a BDOTY candidate for me.

7. Guest August 22, 2019 at 5:05 pm #

Is this supposed to be some kind of representation of part of the female anatomy?

8. Guest August 22, 2019 at 4:48 pm #

i hate it and its sheer when you move. There are photos where you can see her naked butt under the dress

9. Guest August 22, 2019 at 3:47 pm #

This is a huge fashion moment! One of the best of the year so far.

10. Guest August 22, 2019 at 3:38 pm #

I don’t like the makeup (too harsh) or the dress but put together along with the pose, this invokes a Georgia O’Keefe inspired warrior goddess vibe that I find intriguing. One of the few very interesting looks of the year.

11. James Mackay August 22, 2019 at 2:15 pm #

Sorry but this dress is giving me nightmares! And will probably give me a seizure 😨😱💀

12. Guest August 22, 2019 at 1:56 pm #

Loved the silver one she wore before. this one not so much, the texture/print makes it looks almost super wrinkled.

• Monique9 August 24, 2019 at 12:02 pm #

Now you can every month extra $19k or more easily just by doing work in spare time.
      Follow this website now for more info……….easyjob50.com

13. CharlotteLG August 22, 2019 at 1:23 pm #

I hate this!
    I usually love Iris Van Herpen, but not this time.
    The dress is way too busy : print, colors, fabric, cut…too muc!

14. Guest August 22, 2019 at 12:59 pm #

She doesn’t wear it often but Cara and Iris VH seem to be a magic pairing. This is another look going on my BDOTY contenders’ list.

• Guest August 22, 2019 at 1:27 pm #

Exactly. I immediately thought ‘Cara is the one who has best carried off Iris van Herpen, I couldn’t not forget her first offering’. Did this one need a bigger stage though?

• Guest August 23, 2019 at 4:38 pm #

Like FC wrote, it’s been a relatively quite red carpet summer so I don’t mind fantastic fashion wherever I can get it.