Menu

July 2, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Nicole Kidman’s Three Looks In One Day For Taormina Film Festival

Posted by Catherine Kallon
Nicole Kidman In The Vampire's Wife Taormina Film Festival

Nicole Kidman was the star attraction of the Taormina Film Festival in Italy, on Monday (July 1), where the actress was honored with the Taormina Arte Award, bestowed for her incredible work as an actress.

She wore three looks, but I have a feeling one might end up on your WDOTY list.

Taormina Film Fest Masterclass:  I’m not sure if this was a masterclass in film or style, but Nicole nailed summer dressing in this The Vampire’s Wife floral dress.

Those of you over the signature dress from TVW, will be glad for this new silhouette which includes fluttering cape-like overlay edged with romantic ruffles.

Red Jimmy Choo ‘Minny’ sandals completed her look.

Nicole Kidman In Olivier Theyskens Taormina Film Festival

Taormina Film Fest Red Carpet: I’ll admit, my initial reaction to this Olivier Theyskens Fall 2019 dress was intrigue, but I’m going to put that down to the hot-pink colour.

Yes, this stands out, but a closer look outlined too many flaws to mention.

All of which are screamingly evident on the runway, however, I will say of the two, Nicole’s outing fares better.

I would say the only thing I do like about this look is the off-shoulder silhouette.

The fabric doesn’t hold up well.  The sleeves are too long, the darts on the bodice are out of whack.

I did say there was too many to mention, so I’ll leave it there.

Nicole kept her red Jimmy Choo ‘Minny’ sandals for this rare less-than-perfect outing.

Olivier Theyskens Fall 2019
Nicole Kidman In Ermanno Scervino Taormina Film Festival

Taormina Film Fest 2019 Ceremony: The third look of the day might be considered a palette cleanser following the hot pink look.

Dressed in a white Ermanno Scervino Fall 2019 dress, this piece mixes classic Italian design with contemporary elegance.

Once again the sleeves do appear to be a tad too long, but the overall look is very refined.

On this occasion Nicole opted for a pair of black Jimmy Choos signature ‘Minny’ sandals.

Ermanno Scervino Fall 2019

Which look was your favourite?

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Shop the look

, , , , , , , , , , ,

Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum Opens Kacey Musgraves: All of the Colors

Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum Opens Kacey Musgraves: All of the Colors

Lancôme Unveil Zendaya As Face Of The New Idôle Fragrance

Lancôme Unveil Zendaya As Face Of The New Idôle Fragrance

15 Responses to Nicole Kidman’s Three Looks In One Day For Taormina Film Festival

1. OGCaroline July 3, 2019 at 1:35 pm #

I only like The Vampire’s Wife. The Olivier Theysenks is a complete horrid mess and the Ermanno Scervino is a winter look.

2. Guest July 3, 2019 at 12:29 pm #

I love the second look and yes, the dress has some flaws. But I think she looks great, anyway. And I love the choice of the red sandals.
    The white dress is gorgeous and she looks fabulous.

3. Guest July 3, 2019 at 12:05 pm #

The first dress is too twee and the pink schmata is an unholy mess on Nicole and the runway. It’s worse than a Project Runway reject. Love the white dress and don’t think the sleeves are too long. As for her face, I find it so sad what she’s done to it.

4. Jerusa04 July 3, 2019 at 1:58 am #

Plastic doll… first though that came to my mind. Someone needs to ask her to stop.

5. Guest July 2, 2019 at 10:24 pm #

The pink dress is poor craftsmanship but I think we’ve seen 10 worse looks this year. I hope this Vampire Wife dress doesn’t get repeated until nauseam. I wish she’d go to strawberry blonde or full redhead.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards July 3, 2019 at 7:25 am #

I wish she would go back to red too

6. Guest July 2, 2019 at 10:08 pm #

The last white one works best. As far as her face goes don’t care – when you reach a certain age…it’s a fight against time – she looks amazing.

7. Guest July 2, 2019 at 9:49 pm #

I actually like all three looks. The hot pink is not as refined as it should be, but I love the ‘bombshell’ silhouette on her. She’s in Italy and she looks sexy and the color is a wow on her.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards July 3, 2019 at 7:25 am #

I think the pink has a LOT of potential. But didn’t translate well in reality.

8. Guest July 2, 2019 at 9:46 pm #

I only like the third look, the other two are kinda okay.

9. Phee phee July 2, 2019 at 8:26 pm #

The first and third are definitely standard looks for her. The first is cute and a refreshing VW. The second is elegant and nice.
    That hot pink one though… wow. I cant believe the designer let that down the runway. what a mess.

10. Guest July 2, 2019 at 8:13 pm #

I barely recognised her, especially in the first and last photos. What is happening to Nicole’s face?

• Phee phee July 2, 2019 at 8:24 pm #

Its the first thing I noticed too. Its like, a different shape or something, esp at the jawline/chin. weird.

• Guest July 2, 2019 at 9:46 pm #

Looks like she had some filler put in her cheeks and maybe it has her face looking a little puffy.

• Guest July 3, 2019 at 12:21 pm #

Way too much filler in her cheeks, so much that her eyes look squished. Oh dear.