Menu

Olivia Culpo In Ralph & Russo Couture – ‘Sibyl’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Olivia Culpo In Ralph & Russo Couture - 'Sibyl' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Olivia Culpo kinda left me speechless at the premiere of ‘Sibyl’ during the Cannes Film Festival in France on Friday (May 24).

The model has a bit of a reputation of being a bit “try-hard” when it come to her style.

Overcooked, if you will.

But on this occasion she let this gorgeous gown from Ralph & Russo’s Fall 2016 Couture collection do all the talking.

Embellished with silk thread-work, crystals, glass beads and pearls adds an elegant glimmer to this exquisite tulle fishtail gown.

It may be in white, but Bridal didn’t spring to mind.

I was so taken by how the piece possesses such a strong silhouette, yet it feels so delicate.

Messika jewels completed her look.

I will have to look back over everything, but this might be in my top 10 of this festival.

One thing I do believe, is that this is a personal best for Olivia.

Ralph & Russo Fall 2016 Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , , ,

Milla Jovovich In Balmain - 'Sibyl' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Milla Jovovich In Balmain – ‘Sibyl’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Mandy Moore's Derek Lam Asymmetric Checked Dress

Mandy Moore’s Derek Lam Asymmetric Checked Dress

16 Responses to Olivia Culpo In Ralph & Russo Couture – ‘Sibyl’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Jess Mara May 27, 2019 at 1:14 am #

Definitely a personal best for Olivia but still reads too bridal for me. I, like others, immediatly thought of Sonam’s dress from a few years ago too.

2. Guest May 27, 2019 at 12:01 am #

Looks a bit dated to me and tbh boring and forgettable.

3. Guest May 26, 2019 at 11:01 pm #

Still bridal imo, and it’s more bridesmaid rather bride to me.

4. Phee phee May 26, 2019 at 7:30 pm #

Its nice. Personal best for her, I agree.
    but also very forgettable, for Cannes.
    Sonam came immediately to mind when I saw the runway pic. She did it better.

5. OGCaroline May 26, 2019 at 6:24 pm #

Olivia is impeccable in this.

6. OGCaroline May 26, 2019 at 6:24 pm #

Didn’t Sonam wear the runway version of this a few years ago at Cannes?

• Guest May 26, 2019 at 7:07 pm #

She did…back in 2016. She went all way out with that cape – it was a grand, memorable, BDOTY-worthy level entrance. As beautiful as Olivia looks here, nobody is really going to remember this look – it’s a bit too generic and not distinctive enough.

• Guest May 26, 2019 at 7:18 pm #

I believe it was a custom version. Her other 1st custom white R&R was even more outstanding. It was the year the site was shut down, too bad 🙁

7. Guest May 26, 2019 at 6:00 pm #

This looks very bridal to me. and was even shown as such by the designers. Olivia is gorgeous and when she goes for a simple, non try-hard look, she usually looks fantastic as she does here. The dress is a “been there done that” design and I am not generally a fan of Olivia’s style but I cannot deny that she looks very, very good here.

8. Guest May 26, 2019 at 5:55 pm #

This is very bridal to me and was even shown as a bridal look on the runway. I am not overwhelmed because this is a rather dull design. It looks good because Olivia is gorgeous. I’m not a big fan of her style but I cannot deny that she is beautiful and when she does simple non try hard looks, she looks fantastic.

9. Guest May 26, 2019 at 5:55 pm #

Why didn’t Shanina wear this? It’s better than what she picked. I don’t know if it’ll overtake her Zuhair Murad look at the Golden Globes 2017 but it’s definitely great to see her not look try-hard.

10. MissHebble May 26, 2019 at 5:54 pm #

Beautiful, still a bit bridal, but beautiful!

11. Guest May 26, 2019 at 5:38 pm #

Felt instantly bridal to me, but gorgeous nevertheless, simple and beautiful. Sonam Kapoor did a version of this Ralph and Russo look but with that stunning dramatic cape at Cannes a few years back.

12. Guest May 26, 2019 at 5:32 pm #

Catherine, you have a pretty hard task ahead if you’re planning a top 10. Most underwhelming (fashion wise) Cannes in recent memory.

Olivia looks fantastic btw. Nothing groundbreaking but then again…

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards May 27, 2019 at 12:06 am #

Yeah. I’m gonna struggle.

• Guest May 27, 2019 at 1:10 am #

“TOP” doesn’t even sound right this year LOL