Menu

On Friday (May 24) Adele Exarchopoulos attended the premiere of ‘Sibyl’ during the 2019 Cannes Film Festival in France.

We all know that the young French actress loves all things Louis Vuitton, so I was feeling rather refreshed by her choice on this occasion.

She wore an Elie Saab Spring 2019 Haute Couture seafoam hued gown which draped beautifully across the body.

I’m really surprised we didn’t see more of Elie Saab during this festival, but the one’s we’ve seen on Adele and Helen Mirren have been part of a collection of the best, so I guess the brand is focusing on quality rather than quantity, however, quantity hasn’t done Etro any harm.

I’m particularly taken by the embellished detail on the shoulder, and her Bulgari earrings, which surprisingly don’t compete.

Elie Saab Spring 2019 Haute Couture

On Saturday (May 25) for the photocall, things were a lot more playful.

Adele was showing off her midriff again wearing a cut-out mini from Miu Miu’s Spring 2019 collection.

The look was so short, that she has to wear the runway shorts with the frock.  You may remember that the skirt didn’t appear as short on Rita Ora when she wore this same look back in March.

Making the gams appear even longer, the actress styled her look with Giuseppe Zanotti ‘Betty’ platform sandals.

Miu Miu Spring 2019

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Shop the look

, , , , , , , , ,

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The amfAR Cannes Gala 2019?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The amfAR Cannes Gala 2019?

Shanina Shaik In Zuhair Murad Couture - 'Sibyl' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Shanina Shaik In Zuhair Murad Couture – ‘Sibyl’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

9 Responses to Adele Exarchopoulos In Elie Saab & Miu Miu – ‘Sibyl’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere & Photocall

1. Guest May 27, 2019 at 12:06 am #

The first one feels like a pageant dress and the photocall look doesn’t make much sense.

2. Guest May 26, 2019 at 7:36 pm #

That elie saab gown looks dirty. The gown is also dated. She looks like a contestant on miss teen USA.

The mui mui I actually like. Love the print. If only she did something different with her hair.

3. OGCaroline May 26, 2019 at 7:16 pm #

Love both looks.

4. Isabela May 26, 2019 at 7:15 pm #

1 – Dated
    2- I like it, it’s a fun look and i don’t mind the shorts. I just wish her hair was up in a ponytail

5. Guest May 26, 2019 at 6:05 pm #

Love the colour of the Saab with the light chiffon draping perfect for the French Rivera but there’s a strong pageant feel over whole look.
    The Miu Miu should have been a romper, it makes no sense to have a dress so short that you need to wear shorts underneath. Either way don’t like the platform sandals. The model is only one that has kind of looked cute in the dress.

6. Guest May 26, 2019 at 5:35 pm #

No and no.

7. Phee phee May 26, 2019 at 5:20 pm #

the first is fine I guess. feels like ive seen it too often or some version. its tired.
    I like the shoulder detail. the split should of been shortened just a tad so it didn’t have to show that underpiece.

The second is just ridiculous. its too short if one has to wear the shorts underneath. yes, its on the runway too, but it looks like the dress shrunk in both, so they had to put shorts on…its just no.

8. Guest May 26, 2019 at 4:05 pm #

The first outfit is belly dancer meets boring meets same thing, different day and is a yawner for me. The second is worse now and that is saying something than when Rita wore it.

9. Vizual Ninja May 26, 2019 at 3:46 pm #

I like the delicate colour of the gown but I wish they modified the lining and the split, with the torso cut out it looks a little tacky. No to the second.