Menu

May 21, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Trophée Chopard 2019

On the same day of the 2019 Cannes Film Festival premiere of ‘La Belle Epoque,’ Monday (May 20), Chopard also hosted its annual Trophée Chopard event with many stars reappearing for this festivity — all draped in Chopard jewels, naturally.

Lea Seydoux: As we might expect, Lea wore a Louis Vuitton design. This one will get no objection from me, if for no other reason than its sleek, flutter-sleeve design that offered a seamless backdrop to her diamond earrings and coral-red lip.

Zhang Ziyi: After impressing at the earlier premiere, Zhang continued in top form with an Atelier Versace gown, romantically ruched, cinched, and draped in all the right places. It was a classically sultry way to showcase her décolletage and those diamonds.

Elle Fanning: This Prada embroidered, tulle gown won’t be one of my favourite looks, as I wanted to pull off those droopy flower stems. But, I can still appreciate the quirkiness of this riff on the princess gown.

Marion Cotillard: I have a feeling this A.W.A.K.E. MODE Fall 2019 look may by just as divisive as her last one. What I liked least about it was that her skirt appeared to be stuck in her waistband on one side.

A.W.A.K.E. MODE Fall 2019

Natalia Vodianova: Here’s the model’s signature red in action with this glamorous Atelier Versace gown. The seduction of the side slit is only matched by the drama of the satin-lined caped shoulder

Chloe Sevigny: Sure, she went for a short look. But, this Miu Miu mini was not short on head-to-toe glitz with jewels and Aquazzura ‘Tequila’ metallic sandals adding even more shine factor.

Guan Xiaotong: Even with the dimensional embroidery of this Atelier Versace blush gown and the long, layered train, there would be no missing those waterfall earrings and ring to accessorize the fairytale quality of the dress with distinct dazzle.

Dakota Fanning: As this Rodarte Fall 2019 crystallized, chiffon dress walked a very girlish line, I would have probably left the hair flowers at home. But, if anyone can, it’s Dakota who can pull off these sweet-as-icing looks, and she tied this one up with a bow and Giuseppe Zanotti sandals.

Rodarte Fall 2019

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , ,

'La Belle Epoque' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

‘La Belle Epoque’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Isabelle Huppert In Armani Prive - 'Frankie' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Isabelle Huppert In Armani Prive – ‘Frankie’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

15 Responses to Trophée Chopard 2019

1. Phee phee May 21, 2019 at 5:38 pm #

Zhang Ziyi stands out the most. It was a well-dressed event for the most part but Zhang looks impeccable. So elegant from head to toe.

2. Guest May 21, 2019 at 1:45 pm #

What a well dressed event! Natalia’s dress is so gorgeous, it really didn’t need those jewels with it. Also Zhang, Lea and Dakota look great.

3. Guest May 21, 2019 at 11:29 am #

Lea looks good, the dress is very simple though and wrinkly.
    Zhang’s dress looks a little messy and I wanted it to sit a bit higher up on her chest.
    Elle needed to either ditch the flowers entirely or have them as the feature of the dress and rethink the whole design of the dress. Also because of the nude: yawn.
    Marion’s dress doesn’t fit properly.
    Natalia’s dress is too short for her and it doesn’t compliment her jewelry.
    Chloe looks good.
    Guan’s fine.
    Dakota’s my favorite.

4. OGCaroline May 21, 2019 at 11:03 am #

Zhang, Guan and Dakota.

5. Catarina_M May 21, 2019 at 8:40 am #

Dakota looks ethereal.

6. NZ May 21, 2019 at 8:01 am #

Marion and Elle are a little underwhelming but still everyone looked so good.
    Zhang is my favorite.

7. Guest May 21, 2019 at 7:58 am #

Zhang Ziyi, j’adore.

8. Guest May 21, 2019 at 5:31 am #

Lea’s outfit is simple and elegant with her just smouldering. Zhang’s gown is familiar but it’s a classic for a reason, she looks ravishing. Elle and Chloe look meh but I do like Chloe’s sandals. Natalia looks very ‘rich man’s wife’.
    I prefer the outfit Marion has on here to the red carpet look but the hair and make was better before.
    Guan looks charming and glamorous, I love the complimentary earrings and the embroidery. Dakota is selling me the flowers, it all works for a v pretty look.

• Charlotte2019 May 21, 2019 at 5:39 am #

I smiled with your comment on Natalia, She is literally a “rich man’s wife”.LOL
      aside from that Versace gown,I covet her entire Ruby and Diamond set of Jewels.

• Guest May 21, 2019 at 12:11 pm #

Ha, I know she is but it’s more that this look felt like something I’d see on a guest in those social climbing ‘society’ magazines.

9. Guest May 21, 2019 at 5:28 am #

This is a very well dressed event. The only really meh look is Marion’s and even that is so much better than her Chanel look that I think it is win for her. Other than the flowers, I adore Dakota’s look. Zhang’s dress is nothing new but it looks great on her.

10. Charlotte2019 May 21, 2019 at 3:47 am #

LOVE LOVE LOVE.
    this is quite possibly the best-dressed event in Cannes this year.
    everyone looked so refined and elegant here.

Lea’s LV gown is divine,I can’t believe there is a day I would rave about a LV design but here I am.
    Both Zhang Ziyi and Natalia looked stunning in RED.
    Marion’s black and white number is much improved from her last Chanel look.
    the young girls really brought the playfullness to this event.
    And this is a Chopard event,all the jewellery are blinding and perfectly matched with these looks.

• Jess Mara May 21, 2019 at 6:20 am #

agreed

• Guest May 21, 2019 at 3:47 pm #

Totally agree!!

• SarahS95 May 21, 2019 at 9:32 pm #

Said everything I’m thinking!! Such a good event – I didn’t have the fear scrolling down