Menu

May 21, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Sonam Kapoor In Ralph & Russo Couture - ‘Once Upon a Time In Hollywood’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Following an event held in her honor to celebrate being the face of Chopard Parfums,  Sonam Kapoor made her first appearance of  Cannes Film Festival 2019 for the ‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’ premiere on Tuesday (May 21) in France.

Much like Aishwarya Rai, I was greatly anticipating the arrival of Sonam.

She was a vision in white custom Ralph & Russo Couture, styled with mouth-watering Chopard diamond emerald jewels.

Then.

Second look syndrome kicked in, and I started finding minor issues with this look I wish I could unsee.

The creases.

Understandable had they been on the trousers, as you need to sit in a car, but on the train?

The trousers.

For a custom look, they should fit way better? No?

Those pulls make me want to weep.

Nit-picking aside, the overall effect did capture my attention, but like Aishwarya’s look, it just needed a tad better execution.

I will say this was a refreshing choice over her looks from last year.

Embed from Getty Images

Credit: Getty

, , , , , ,

Elle Fanning In Christian Dior Haute Couture - 'Once Upon a Time In Hollywood' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Elle Fanning In Christian Dior Haute Couture – ‘Once Upon a Time In Hollywood’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Karolina Kurkova In Etro - ‘Once Upon a Time In Hollywood’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Karolina Kurkova In Etro – ‘Once Upon a Time In Hollywood’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

27 Responses to Sonam Kapoor In Ralph & Russo Couture – ‘Once Upon a Time In Hollywood’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Guest May 23, 2019 at 1:26 am #

The necklace is what MAKES this look. Can forgive the pants for it. On the other hand, she’s a STUNNING girl, Truly I think one of the most beautiful I’ve ever seen but the makeup is pretty cakey

2. Guest May 22, 2019 at 8:05 am #

Shame about the fit of the pants, but everything else is working, at least for me!

The jewelry is to die for! #wishlist #in my dreams

3. Charlotte2019 May 22, 2019 at 6:57 am #

YAS.Sonam you go girl.
    Anything not a big puffy mess or a sheer thirst trap is good by me.
    so this suit is quite striking and edgy on the red carpet, especially from Sonam who is a huge lover of big gowns.
    I didn’t like any of her looks from last year and this just redeemed her in my heart.
    Chopard ermarld and dimond set necklace is blinding and so ravishing,my mouth is watering

4. Guest May 22, 2019 at 1:45 am #

I am here for the jewelry and nothing else.

5. Guest May 22, 2019 at 12:59 am #

I really like the look. The only thing missing is her best accessory- her smile!

6. Jess Mara May 22, 2019 at 12:35 am #

Waist up I love love love this look but I’m with you Catherine, on a second look I cant forgive the fit of the pants or the creases on the train.

7. Phee phee May 22, 2019 at 12:11 am #

Its nice although I see what ya mean about the creases and pulling. That does bring it down.
    Im mostly loving those jewels, the necklace and the earrings. Gorgeous.

8. SarahS95 May 21, 2019 at 9:21 pm #

Those jewels are gorgeous!! This is absolutely a look at once and not too closely look to remember how you felt when you first saw it

9. Viral Vora May 21, 2019 at 9:16 pm #

The necklace is what makes this look! the outfit is good and fresh take but the necklace is almost maharaja regal!

10. Guest May 21, 2019 at 8:31 pm #

that is such a huge improvement over the past 2 years, i will overlook the minor issues.

11. Vizual Ninja May 21, 2019 at 7:11 pm #

This feels very repetitive considering this is the third variation we’ve seen of this look in the past week. So, I’m kinda over it. She looks nice but I’m not excited nor will I remember this after posting this comment lol.

12. Guest May 21, 2019 at 6:34 pm #

I actually love how unexpected this was. Such a great look for me personally. I think the necklace is amaaazing and just brings that extra oomph to the look

13. Guest May 21, 2019 at 6:27 pm #

This type of outfit with trousers and train will become the new sheer dress.

14. OGCaroline May 21, 2019 at 6:20 pm #

Outstanding!

15. Guest May 21, 2019 at 6:12 pm #

I love the necklace and the shoes. I think I would’ve preferred the suit without the train, but then it would’ve been too simple for Cannes I guess.

16. Guest May 21, 2019 at 5:53 pm #

When you walk for Chopard, but the look says try hard.

17. Guest May 21, 2019 at 5:29 pm #

The hair and makeup belong to a different look, the necklace to another and the earrings to a whole another. She’s getting predictable.

18. NZ May 21, 2019 at 5:25 pm #

I think the necklace adds a nice touch to the overall look. I would say it was a success.

19. Guest May 21, 2019 at 5:22 pm #

Well I could imagine the train might get folded in a car so I could see where creases might have come from. With it being custom the fit is a bit more puzzling. I prefer it to Nieves trouserstrain look though because the train doesn’t look so awkwardly adjoining. That necklace might be my favourite part though.

• Guest May 21, 2019 at 5:47 pm #

She does full on editorial style photoshoots for her instagram before hitting the red carpet everytime. Guess that backfired this time, the creases make it look more awful.

• Guest May 21, 2019 at 5:49 pm #

I meant the photoshoot caused the creases.

20. Guest May 21, 2019 at 5:00 pm #

Those jewels are magnificent.
    Has she done something to her lips?

• Guest May 21, 2019 at 6:09 pm #

her lips look exactly the same as they have since her acting debut

• Guest May 21, 2019 at 6:46 pm #

She was born with these lips. She’s just pouting hard

21. CharlotteLG May 21, 2019 at 4:59 pm #

She looks gorgeous.
    Some minor issues for sure : the fit of the pants and the zip on the jacket, but still I like this.
    The necklace elevates the look for sure.

22. Vu0n9 May 21, 2019 at 4:57 pm #

The necklace just does not belong to this look. I can forgive the crease but not the ill-fitting pants.

23. Guest May 21, 2019 at 4:56 pm #

She is absolutely stunning and carries most outfits well, but with better pants this could have been BDOTW

Appreciate the idea though, way too many ugly ball gowns