Menu

May 15, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

‘X-Men: Dark Phoenix’ Fan Event

X-Men Dark Phoenix Fan Event

The ‘X-Men: Dark Phoenix’ fan event on Tuesday (May 14) in Naucalpan de Juarez, Mexico was filled with colour.

Jessica Chastain: The red-hair beauty played off her hair colour with the energetic shades of her blazer, dress and shoes.

It’s all about the vivaciousness of the pieces as opposed to the silhouettes. And the simpler style provides a nice foil to her co-star’s ensemble.

Sophie Turner: It wasn’t too much of a surprise to see the ‘Game of Thrones’ actress in Louis Vuitton Resort 2020.

The myriad of fabrics, silhouettes and references provide something new with every look. She was wise to keep her accessorizing restrained.

Louis Vuitton Resort 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , ,

Jodie Comer's Lace Victoriana Look For The 'Killing Eve' Series Two Premiere

Jodie Comer’s Lace Victoriana Look For The ‘Killing Eve’ Series Two Premiere

Julianne Moore In Louis Vuitton - 'Les Miserables' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Julianne Moore In Louis Vuitton – ‘Les Miserables’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

19 Responses to ‘X-Men: Dark Phoenix’ Fan Event

1. OGCaroline May 17, 2019 at 12:47 pm #

No to both looks.

2. Charlotte2019 May 16, 2019 at 6:05 am #

Jessica’s outfit is ill-fitting and with the bangs she looked like Bryce dallas Howard’s twin. Elizabeth Stewart(her stylist),what are you doing?
    Sophie’s LV look,hell no

3. Jess Mara May 16, 2019 at 2:00 am #

Love both of these looks! LV is actually a good choice for Sophie and the bold colours are fantastic on jessica, its just a shame the style ages her.

4. Guest May 16, 2019 at 12:43 am #

I don’t like that Jessica looks like a frumpy mum with her teenage daughter.

5. Guest May 15, 2019 at 8:42 pm #

Sophie is so confident in her own style that I can’t help but love her. She’s far beyond my fashion comfort zone but it really just suits her.

Jessica will find it hard to make an impact next to her on this tour no matter what she wears.

6. Guest May 15, 2019 at 7:34 pm #

Both looks are horrible. Jessica’s is dated and aging. Sophie’s is just silly and bad, especially, the catcher’s knee pads.

7. Guest May 15, 2019 at 6:57 pm #

If these are the kind of looks we are going to get from the both of them, I’m afraid that this promo tour is going to be long and painful.

8. Guest May 15, 2019 at 6:57 pm #

I hate both outfits and how tall is Sophie?

• Guest May 15, 2019 at 7:07 pm #

She’s 5’9, but looks way taller

9. Jerusa04 May 15, 2019 at 6:54 pm #

NO and NO.

10. _Hannah_ May 15, 2019 at 6:51 pm #

I’d expected Sophie to wear something more “fiery” considering her character in the film. But she looks surprisingly good, very modern.
    In Jessica’s look I love the colours. And that’s it, this time.

11. Guest May 15, 2019 at 5:27 pm #

I want to like the blazer and dress combo, but the length of both, the ruched element, the cheap looking pink pumps and the heavy make up with the heavy fringe just do.not.work.

I’m all about elegant/tailored/very feminine dressing so I don’t understand why someone would dress like Sophie but she looks confident and pulls it off! I agree that the safe courts are again a wrong addition to her look.

12. CharlotteLG May 15, 2019 at 5:21 pm #

Jessica looks great, I love this look on her.
    I don’t like Sophie look, I find the jacket awful, but it works on her, more than what I could expect.

13. Guest May 15, 2019 at 5:18 pm #

Sophie is rocking her look, this type of LV look really works for this promo tour.
    I’m *very* underwhelmed by Jessica’s look. The colors are nice, but that’s it.

14. Guest May 15, 2019 at 5:14 pm #

I like the colours but with that unimpressive hairstyle style and the style of the dress, Jessica looks like she doing a frumpy 80s theme.
    Sophie outfit is another LV dud. I remember when I found Nicolas’ designs interesting at Balenciaga.

15. WhiteLady May 15, 2019 at 4:22 pm #

Wow, I’m really starting to believe that Sophie can get away with almost anything. I would hate this look on anyone else but she makes it work here, styling is perfect. I’d only change the shoes, they look like they belonged to a different ensemble.

16. Vizual Ninja May 15, 2019 at 4:20 pm #

Jessica should lose that jacket, actually they both should. Sophie looks like some futuristic pop star, which is fine I suppose, considering the event but think I’d prefer it sans jacket.

17. Guest May 15, 2019 at 4:12 pm #

I think this look made Jessica look like she’s 10 years older than she is

• Guest May 15, 2019 at 7:47 pm #

Here, she looks like she’s Sophie mom.