Menu

April 24, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Emilia Clarke Was A Lady In Red For The TIME 100 Gala

Emilia Clarke joined Taylor Swift on the red carpet for the TIME 100 Gala on Tuesday (April 23) in New York City.

It would appear that Emilia isn’t one of those actress’ who’s style you often hold in high regard, so I’m intrigued to know your thoughts on this latest look.

The ‘Game of Thrones’ actress, who is also a brand ambassador for Dolce & Gabbana, wore a bright red dress from their Fall 2019 collection.

Dolce & Gabbana is synonymous with high-octane femininity and this red tulle gown offers a sublime interpretation.

I guess it will be a case of whether Emilia is selling the look to you.

I don’t dislike the look, but my immediate thought was, that I wish the bodice had the same level of transparency as the skirt.

If that wasn’t an option, I wish there were some tonal embroidery to give some life to it.

Red patent Christian Louboutin Optisexy pumps completed her look.

Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2019

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , ,

Taylor Swift Has A Princess Moment At The TIME 100 Gala

Taylor Swift Has A Princess Moment At The TIME 100 Gala

Julianne Moore, Rami Malek, Clare Waight Keller Represent Givenchy At The TIME 100 Gala

10 Responses to Emilia Clarke Was A Lady In Red For The TIME 100 Gala

1. Guest April 26, 2019 at 12:17 am #

Emillia is a petite person and designers seem to have trouble with that. Most of their designs grace tall willowy models. She often wears things that don’t work with her proportions. This dress is case in point, it is too long on her and would look far better if hemmed to the tea length that was intended. She needs a better stylist and needs to allow time for fitting the clothes to work on her petite frame.

2. Guest April 25, 2019 at 9:31 am #

Why?! She look so boxy when she could have highlighted her body curves way better than this. D&G have better dresses that would have suit her, this is for someone taller and slimmer, so defo a no no for me

3. Phee phee April 24, 2019 at 11:31 pm #

Red is a fabulous color on her. but thats all I really got.
    O, and her beauty look is perfect.

4. Guest April 24, 2019 at 3:11 pm #

This dress does bad things for the proportions of her body. Maybe if they had shortened it or removed some of the volume from the skirt, this would have worked better on Emilia.

5. Guest April 24, 2019 at 2:58 pm #

I love this dress. It’s flirty and feminine and a great shade of red.

6. Guest April 24, 2019 at 2:15 pm #

Emilia is such a gorgeous lady, always seems to be smiling as well.

How is is it possible that she always looks so drab? The colour is nice, but the dress is way too long (or too short) on her and very uninspired.

The haircut doesn’t help.

7. Guest April 24, 2019 at 2:00 pm #

Emilia’s style is consistently underwhelming. The red color is the best thing about this look.

8. Guest April 24, 2019 at 1:28 pm #

It’s a boring, basic design, I’m just not much of a fan of this D&G dress. I also feel like something about her beauty look reads as a tad mumsy/aging. The color is lovely on her, though.

9. Guest April 24, 2019 at 12:46 pm #

I don’t know, I remember her seemingly holding much red carpet promise when G.O.T came big and she, bar a few looks didn’t really deliver. I like red shade on her that’s pretty much it here. She’s very gorgeous though and while I haven’t watched the show seems likeable and talented from the interviews I’ve watched.

10. Jerusa04 April 24, 2019 at 12:39 pm #

Ermmm no, I don’t like this on her, the fit around the waist could be more adjusted, the bodice is kind of tacky and the length of the dress makes her look shorter. Hair and makeup are beautiful, shame about the dress.