Menu

Gabrielle Union Queenin' In Pink For The Black Design Collective 1st Scholarship Tribute

On Saturday night (April 13), the newly launched Black Design Collective (which aims to remove inequality in the fashion industry) was born, honoring Ruth E. Carter, who made history this year as the first black woman to win the Oscar for Best Costume Design for her work in ‘Black Panther’.

Gabrielle Union joined Ruth E. Carter and Tina Knowles for the Black Design Collective’s first annual scholarship tribute, wearing a Christopher John Rogers Fall 2019 look.

The Brooklyn-based designer made his New York Fashion Week debut in February,  presenting a mix of street wear to Oscar-worthy ball gowns.

Gabrielle’s high shine pine suit falls somewhere in between.

While the fabric might be reminiscent of wearable space blankets, the reflective style is bold as any solid coloured garment can get.

The hot-pink colour draws me in, yet I’m wishing the trousers were a tad longer – but that’s my personal bug bear having growing up wearing “cropped trousers,” as my legs were very long during my teen years.

Christopher John Rogers Fall 2019

Credit: Vogue.com & Instagram

, , ,

Gemma Chan Was Resplendent For The St. Regis Hong Kong Opening

Gemma Chan Was Resplendent For The St. Regis Hong Kong Opening

Brie Larson Channels Her Inner 80s Prom Queen For The 'Avengers: Endgame' Seoul Premiere

Brie Larson Channels Her Inner 80s Prom Queen For The ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Seoul Premiere

6 Responses to Gabrielle Union Queenin’ In Pink For The Black Design Collective 1st Scholarship Tribute

1. Sienna Knows it All April 16, 2019 at 3:13 pm #

Love love love love love!!

2. Guest April 16, 2019 at 3:02 pm #

I’m in love with this as a concept, and everyone has already mentioned the odd fit of the pants. And after seeing the look book styling, I almost wish that she amped it up in the shoe department, too. But I’ve digging Gabrielle’s choices recently, and I think she picked another good one here even if some parts of it could be improved.

3. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:25 am #

I think this does not fit well and the pants seem cheaply make. It had potential but as executed, it’s a no from me.

4. Guest April 16, 2019 at 2:11 am #

I didnt recognize her at first. The fabric looks hot. But she is working it. She is such a chameleon.

5. Phee phee April 16, 2019 at 12:18 am #

The seams of the pants looks puckered badly. Not a good look waist down.
    The jacket works better and I love pink but this might be too much pink, even for me.

6. Guest April 15, 2019 at 11:05 pm #

I think I’m glad for the length as it prevents a ‘too much’ feeling especially with of the material used.