Menu

April 10, 2019

Olivier Awards 2019

Tom Hiddleston in Ralph Lauren - 2019 Laurence Olivier Awards

The Olivier Awards 2019 took place at the Royal Albert Hall on Sunday (April 7) in London, with a host of talent from the stage and screen.

Tom Hiddleston: There are many fashion unions we celebrate.

Emmy Rossum and Carolina Herrera, Elizabeth Banks and Elie Saab and Alicia Vikander and Louis Vuitton, but one we don’t give enough credit to is Ralph Lauren Purple Label and Tom Hiddleston.

The British actor was looking very dapper in his navy blue double-breasted shawl collar tuxedo.  He has that smoldering, debonair charm that could land him a role as the next James Bond.

Sophie Okonedo in Oscar de la Renta - 2019 Laurence Olivier Awards

Sophie Okonedo: The British actress had a wonderful fairytale moment wearing an Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2019 gown in soft cream hue. This isn’t Sophie’s usual style, but when the moment requires it, why not set hearts a flutter wearing a princess gown?

Katharine McPhee in Elie Saab - 2019 Laurence Olivier Awards

Katharine McPhee: I love how Elie Saab’s feminine aesthetic is embodied within the lace-trims of this evening gown.   The cherry hue really pops.

Beverley Knight in Nicholas Oakwell Couture - 2019 Laurence Olivier Awards

Beverley Knight: The singer looked radiant wearing a Nicholas Oakwell Couture gown.

The first time I gushed over how gorgeous this dress  was when it was worn by Amma Asante at the 2019 BAFTAs.  The colour is still captivating, as are those bountiful curls.

Zawe Ashton in the Vampires Wife - Olivier Awards 2019

Zawe Ashton: Do I need to tell you that Zawe is wearing The Vampire’s Wife Cinderella ruffle-trimmed silk-blend dress?  No, I didn’t think so.

Gillian Anderson in Armani Prive 2019 Laurence Olivier Awards

Gillian Anderson: You’ll either be disappointed, or thankful that Gillian opted to remove the extravagant detail on her Armani Prive Fall 2018 gown.  For me, it’s the latter.

Gillian’s red carpet approach has always been no-fuss, so her presentation along with a pop of colour via her Jimmy Choo ‘Vivien’ clutch was the right course of action for her.

Armani Privé Fall 2018

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , ,

Hari Nef's Gucci Leopard Print Dress

Hari Nef’s Gucci Leopard Print Dress

The Stylish Way To Beat Rain

The Stylish Way To Beat Rain

10 Responses to Olivier Awards 2019

1. Guest April 12, 2019 at 2:21 am #

Beverly looks radiant!

2. Guest April 11, 2019 at 11:40 pm #

He’s hot phew
    Gillian Anderson bags look like she travelling really far , i love this beauty with those bags – eh eh girl when you go out to kill yuh betta kill and i mean it

3. WhiteLady April 11, 2019 at 10:18 am #

Be still my heart! That tuxedo on Tom Hiddleston in my favourite blue had a devastating effect. First outfit I’ve pinned to my Red Carpet board since the Academy Awards!

4. Phee phee April 11, 2019 at 5:54 am #

Tom looks suave as ever.
    Of the ladies, I like Beverly’s blue the most.
    Vampires Wife needs to expand drastically…its old, been there done that, a thousand times over.

5. Guest April 11, 2019 at 12:49 am #

Zawe looks really lovely in that gown – I think it’s one of the best outings for that design.

6. Guest April 11, 2019 at 12:27 am #

Lol, when I see Hiddleston, the first words that pop in my mind are “Taylor Swift roadkill”. Anyway, Beverly Knight is stunning. Gillian Anderson’s Armani looks unfinished although I agree, the detail might have been too much.

• Paola102 April 11, 2019 at 5:59 pm #

When I see Hiddleston, the first words that pop in my mind are “Taylor Swift roadkill”. <–Me too!!

7. Guest April 11, 2019 at 12:04 am #

Tom has worn that shawl collar style before and it looks good for him. I wish is looked smoother/less wrinkled here though. I’m still rooting for Idris to be the next Bond tbh.
    I love Sophie dress but would have rather seen it on Yara.
    Katherine looks good, the elegant red looks rather ravishing.
    Beverley looks just as fantastic as Amma did in that gorgeous gown.
    I’m not just forgetting anyone who wears that Vampire dress from now on even though the fabric looks nice on her.
    Bitterly disappointed that the runway version of the Armani Prive dress wasn’t worn.

8. Guest April 10, 2019 at 6:16 pm #

I do love Tom’s look. I could see him as the next Bond 😉

Beverley Knight looks amazing, the dress, it’s colour – stunning. And her curls – so, so beautiful.

• Guest April 10, 2019 at 8:53 pm #