Menu

Emilia Clarke In Valentino – ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 8 New York Premiere

Emilia Clarke In Valentino - ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 8 New York Premiere

Emilia Clarke made quite a statement on the red carpet for the ‘Game of Thrones ‘ Season 8 premiere in New York on Wednesday (April 3).

Dressed in a Valentino Fall 2019 ethereal teal-blue tulle gown, I was ecstatic to see that it had been lined to the floor.  The shorts wouldn’t have worked on this red carpet, but no doubt we will see the runway version in due course.

I have feeling the wintry makeup and garnet drop earrings wouldn’t be everyone first choice when styling this look, but Emilia likes to go against the grain when it comes to her makeup, so I wasn’t surprised or fazed by this at all.

In fact, I really like the contrast.  It sets the right tone for this series.

If you’re wondering what it says on her gown, the statement reads, “Leave your door open for me, I might sleepwalk into your dream.”

Valentino Fall 2019

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , ,

Gwendoline Christie In Iris van Herpen Haute Couture - ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 8 New York Premiere

Gwendoline Christie In Iris van Herpen Haute Couture – ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 8 New York Premiere

Natalie Dormer In Giorgio Armani - ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 8 New York Premiere

Natalie Dormer In Giorgio Armani – ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 8 New York Premiere

21 Responses to Emilia Clarke In Valentino – ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 8 New York Premiere

1. Amy April 5, 2019 at 2:40 pm #

The runway version is tragic, I like hers. The darl kip truly elevates the look

• Caroline April 7, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

2. Noemi April 5, 2019 at 12:55 pm #

I love the make-up and the dress, even if I would prefer a less lined version. I also like the writing but there’s something I don’t like about the fit of the bodice.

3. Charlotte April 5, 2019 at 9:37 am #

I like this but the writing on the dress doesn’t add anything, it would have been way better without IMO.

4. phee April 5, 2019 at 5:37 am #

Its so pretty when its lined. I like the flowing-ness of it.
    I do find the makeup too harsh too though. It doesn’t fit the ethereal vibe of the dress.

5. Kimma April 4, 2019 at 11:36 pm #

The gorgeous gown is elevated by the lining – I much prefer Emilia’s version. At first I was unsure about the text but the sentiment is actually perfect for the occasion. I just wish she had toned down the lipstick.

6. brat April 4, 2019 at 10:25 pm #

The gown is preferable to the runway version but I don’t like it. Her hair and makeup are awful, I don’t are how on theme she is. I find her whole beauty look very aging. Too often it’s cakey and too harsh. She needs Elle Fanning’s makeup artist, she needs a soft glow.

• Lashae April 4, 2019 at 11:02 pm #

7. Yo April 4, 2019 at 8:49 pm #

Surprisingly it doesn’t overwhelm her tiny frame the way the dress Keira Knightley wore recently did – and Keira is taller than Emilia!

Maybe the makeup could be better but it’s not bad within the context of the premiere.

8. TeaAtTwo April 4, 2019 at 8:27 pm #

I hate the tame goth make up. The words work on covering nipples but lined it feels annoyingly unnecessary.

9. Camille April 4, 2019 at 8:06 pm #

I love this on her. It is ethereal with an edge. I’m usually not a fan of the conjunctivitis eye makeup and black lips, but she just looks so happy and confident that I’m not hating it. Love the poetry and SO glad her gown is lined. The runway version is ridiculous. Emilia elevates this look with her unique style.

• Dee April 5, 2019 at 11:24 am #

i actually like the runway look. The lining though makes the dress functional and wearable, the frills on the sleeves make it look heavy with a lot of unnecessary fru fru. If the sleeves are simplified, it will look like just another dress.

10. Ruth April 4, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

I love this, she looks like a queen.

11. justme April 4, 2019 at 7:33 pm #

The runway version is dreadful. Emilia’s lining and styling are vast improvements.

I’m just not a fan of dresses with text and words on them.

12. Conejo literario April 4, 2019 at 7:24 pm #

I dont like it but at least she tried to give us some drama, not like Sophie Turner

13. Chris April 4, 2019 at 7:16 pm #

So very perfect for this specific event. I’d usually not be a big fan of the make-up, but it’s okay in this context.

14. Ksenia Bradner April 4, 2019 at 7:15 pm #

I love Emilia but I’m underwhelmed.

This is a nice look, but it doesn’t have enough oomph as the last hurrah of Game of the Thrones, an epic show in which she plays a badass dragon queen.

15. KT April 4, 2019 at 6:47 pm #

I loved that she played into the theme–her make up and dress tie into the Targaryen colors, with the silver/grey not only paying a nod to her hair (in the books its silver) but I believe it was actually a house color in the books; and of course the red makeup ties to the red in the house sigil and the fire of her dragons. Plus this dress/makeup combo is a literal “song of ice and fire,” the name of the book series. Its a beautiful tribute to this series that changed her life

• CreoleLady April 4, 2019 at 9:29 pm #

Love your analysis, helps me appreciate this look even more.

• KT April 4, 2019 at 10:35 pm #

Thank you so much!

And I couldn’t agree more with the sentiment. When a team and actor puts that much behind the scenes thought and work into a look, that’s when I feel it takes a look to the next level.

16. meme April 4, 2019 at 6:39 pm #

This is so lovely lined. She looks amazing. The runway version is hideous.