Menu

March 4, 2019

Front Row @ Valentino Fall 2019

Front Row @ Valentino Fall 2019

Valentino presented their Fall 2019 collection during Paris Fashion Week on Sunday (March 3) in France.

There was a clear theme in terms of front row dressing, with two Brits opting out of the red brigade.

Sofia Carson: My first thought was how great this Valentino Spring 2019 dress would be on Helen Mirren. It’s a gorgeous dress, but it feels like it belongs on a more mature woman.

Janelle Monae: I would say that Janelle and Sofia should’ve swapped dresses, but I don’t think anyone else could rock this Pre-Fall 2019 look like Janelle. As always, she committed to the look, and theme, from head-to-toe.

Front Row @ Valentino Fall 2019

Lili Reinhart: Opting not to go full matchy matchy with her Pre-Fall 2019 look, I like how she styled this look with the nude Valentino VRing bag to offset the sheer skirt, but she doesn’t sell the red boots to me.

Katherine Langford: The actress also carried the VRing bag in black. Considering how much Katherine loves to wear black, I feel carrying a black only bag may have huge compromise for her, but she totally brought into the look with the eye makeup also reflecting the red theme.

Front Row @ Valentino Fall 2019

Liya Kebede: Carrying the smaller version of the VRing bag, on this occasion the Valentino boots totally complement her street-style to front row Pre-Fall 2019 look.

Naomi Campbell: The model was marching to the beat of her own drum wearing a Pre-Fall 2019 black and white look with Valentino eye-wear. You may remember that Regina King wore this same dress.

Alexa Chung: Also part of the rule breaker crew, the British designer found the perfect LBD from the Pre-Fall 2019 collection to suit her IT girl style.

Credit: Getty

, , , , , , , , ,

Karolina Kurkova In Hellessy & Solace London - The CYBEX by KAROLINA KURKOVA Collection Launch

Karolina Kurkova In Hellessy & Solace London – The CYBEX by KAROLINA KURKOVA Collection Launch

Catherine Zeta Jones In Marchesa - The Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama 2019 Gala

Catherine Zeta Jones In Marchesa – The Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama 2019 Gala

10 Responses to Front Row @ Valentino Fall 2019

1. cs March 5, 2019 at 6:01 am #

Liya looks so effortlessly elegant that it really drives home how contrived the first four looks are.

2. JHH March 4, 2019 at 6:06 pm #

Sofia and Naomi look great. Nothing else here is appealing.

3. phee March 4, 2019 at 6:04 pm #

Janelle just looks silly and twee again.
    Liya looks the best here. I like the casualness of it.
    The rest are meh.

• Catherine Kallon March 4, 2019 at 5:54 pm #

4. NZ March 4, 2019 at 4:24 pm #

Yes Sofia’s look is a bit aging but I still love it. Elegant h2t. I also love Janelle, Katherine (sans the bag) and Naomi.

5. meme March 4, 2019 at 3:33 pm #

That first dress is gorgeous. I also like Alexa and Liya dresses. Want Janelle, Liya and Naomi’s shoes.

6. Caroline March 4, 2019 at 3:32 pm #

Sofia and Janelle look so good.

7. TeaAtTwo March 4, 2019 at 3:28 pm #

I agree about Sofia’s outfit for Helen Mirren or Tilda Swinton. Janelle looks twee and slightly comical. Lili and Katherine’s outfits look bulky and I’m not keen on the footwear or the colour of their bags. I don’t like the boot choice but Liya always radiates being the epitome of elegance. Naomi looks great though I miss the curly hair.

8. NYFW March 4, 2019 at 3:22 pm #

Janelle has very individual style, she deserve more recognition in the fashion side. She is one of the only risk takers in the industry. Bravo! Sofia style is always timeless, sophisticated and elegant… her age doesn’t matter, she has the grace to handle this kind of looks very well… Look the current trends from Paris (Celine, Givenchy, Hermes), it’s time to end the cool, urban, street style mood…. it’s time to grow up! In addition, Sofia is not a Disney star anymore, her next role in Pretty Little Liars is more adult and dark and she is embracing the new phase of her career. She has a fun side also, check her Attico electric blue feathers look from a party during PFW.