Menu

24.02.19

Chanel & Charles Finch 11th Annual Pre-Oscar Awards Dinner

Fashion Blogger Chanel & Charles Finch 11th Annual Pre-Oscar Awards Dinner

Chanel and Charles Finch hosted the 11th annual pre-Oscar awards dinner at the iconic Polo Lounge in Beverly Hills on Saturday (February 24).

Kristen Stewart: I have been saying for years that I would love to see Kristen in suiting, now that it has become a trend I wish that had been an option here. Instead she opted for a Chanel Spring 2019 Act 2 mini skirt and cashmere cardigan from the Resort 2019 collection.

Margot Robbie: The actress was officially named as a Chanel ambassador at the 2018 Oscars, and 364 days on, she’s done an amazing job. I know many of you are still reeling from her BAFTAs gown, but I have loved every look including this Spring 2019 Act 2 crop top and leather trouser combo.

Miley Cyrus: New Miley wears a Chanel multicolored fantasy tweed jacket and trousers from the Spring 2019 Act 2 collection. I feel like the styling is a little overdone here, but I love seeing her having fun with fashion.

Fashion Blogger Chanel & Charles Finch 11th Annual Pre-Oscar Awards Dinner

Lucy Boynton: While the actress tends to favour Gucci, I strongly believe that Chanel is a better fit for her. This blue and white tweed top and skirt from the Resort 2019 collection is a glowing testament to that fact.

Shailene Woodley: There was a time when I didn’t feel Shailene was that interested in fashion, but those days appear to be long gone. I’m sure you’ve all noticed a change in her style which veered on the boyish side, to grownup glam. Her blue and white Chanel look hails from the Spring 2019 Act 1 collection.

Tessa Thompson: Before attending the Film Independent Spirit Awards, the ‘Creed II’ actress had a night out wearing Chanel Spring 2017 Haute Couture. The actress has been making an conscious effort to champion up-and-coming designers, but on this occasion she was in full glam mode.

Lupita Nyong’o: My immediately reaction to this was that I wished she opted for something that didn’t feel so ageing.

Carey Mulligan: This pink and black leather Chanel Spring 2019 Act 2 look is a mile away from what I usually expect from Carey. But I really like it.

Credit: Courtesy of Chanel

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2019 Film Independent Spirit Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2019 Film Independent Spirit Awards?

Dove Cameron's Giambattista Valli Off-The-Shoulder Tulle A-Line Dress

Dove Cameron’s Giambattista Valli Off-The-Shoulder Tulle Dress

17 Responses to Chanel & Charles Finch 11th Annual Pre-Oscar Awards Dinner

1. kane February 26, 2019 at 11:32 pm #

Re Miley, the only one I find interesting: love the clothes, but the styling is overkill, not fun, for me.

2. Hailey February 25, 2019 at 10:42 pm #

Shailene looks absolutely beautiful! Her hair, makeup and outfit are on point.

3. Sora February 25, 2019 at 4:48 pm #

IMO the best look of this event is not even featured here: Robin Wright. Simply the most elegant and chic.

4. Anne-Marie February 25, 2019 at 9:24 am #

Can someone finally release Kristen Stewart from Chanel ambassador duty? Clearly it’s not doing any favours neither for Chanel nor Kristen.

5. aa February 25, 2019 at 3:51 am #

Shailene and Tessa are the only ones I like here.

6. Ksenia Bradner February 25, 2019 at 1:24 am #

Lupita needed a full photo wut.

Chanel has all kinds of looks and yet when they dress celebs 90% of the time it’s one-note tweed boring sh-t.

7. JHH February 24, 2019 at 10:43 pm #

Tessa looks great even with that aging hairstyle. I also like Miley’s suit and Shailene’s and Margot’s outfits. Kristen outfit looks like something that she grew out of but decided to wear anyway.

8. NZ February 24, 2019 at 10:12 pm #

I’m so glad Shailene changed her stylist, she’s been killing lately. I especially love what she’s wearing here.
    Margot looks great as well, and while I hate the styling, I love Miley’s outfit on her.

9. Chris February 24, 2019 at 9:51 pm #

Shailene looks great, my favorite from the bunch!
    Margot looks chic, I also have been loving her in Chanel lately! I hope she’s gonna make an appearance at one of the Oscar events tonight.

10. Caroline February 24, 2019 at 9:44 pm #

Margot and Shailene.

11. Lily February 24, 2019 at 9:42 pm #

Margot and Shailene. The rest is kinda ugly.

12. TeaAtTwo February 24, 2019 at 9:35 pm #

Tessa and Margot are my favourite dressed here. I feel that Miley and Carey had an outfit mix up. I wish Lucy’s make up was less ‘in the circus’, I see bold colours better applied on Instagram.

• Kimma February 24, 2019 at 10:57 pm #

I had the same thought about Miley and Carey.

Margot and Shailene’s laid back approach with their styling represent the brand perfectly.

Tessa should have saved this for another occasion. She looks great but feels overdressed compared to everyone else.

13. MW February 24, 2019 at 9:33 pm #

Margot looks really cool, and Shailene looks stylish as well. I like the blue colour.

Miley overaccessorized but the suit and shoes are nice.

Lucy looks comical, Kristen looks horrible.

14. phee February 24, 2019 at 9:21 pm #

Surprisingly, I like Shailenes look the most. She looks nicely put together. Its nice to see her making some effort! And Miley is being consistent in her fashion efforts too! nice.

15. AnderBoBo February 24, 2019 at 9:15 pm #

Shailene looks the best here. Margot is ok, the rest look costumed with Kristen looking straight up like an extra from Clueless.

16. Maz February 24, 2019 at 9:08 pm #

Margot looks fab…those pants are perfection…leather pants being notoriously tricky to nail. Really loving Shaillene’s unexpected style revival …she’s really been looking fabulous lately x