Menu

February 20, 2019

Halle Berry In Sebastian Gunawan Couture – 2019 Costume Designers Guild Awards

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Halle Berry In Ruth E Carter - 2019 Costume Designers Guild Awards

The Costume Designers Guild celebrated a year of outstanding work in film and television at the Beverly Hilton on Tuesday (February 19) for its annual awards show in LA.

The ceremony honoured ‘Black Panther’ costume designer Ruth E. Carter, who was given a career achievement award, which was presented by Halle Berry.

Halle wore a Wakanda-inspired custom gold strapless intricately woven Sebastian Gunawan Couture design which looked like it was taken off the ‘Black Panther’ movie set.

Styled with Brian Atwood’s ‘Alexi’ bronzed sandals, this is the first time in a long while that I can say I love a Halle Berry look from head-to-toe. But a part of me also wishes this was saved for Beyonce Knowles.

I feel this look needed a little bit more attitude.

Credit: Getty

, , , , ,

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Bella Hadid In Versace - Bvlgari B.ZERO1 XX Anniversary Global Launch

Bella Hadid In Versace – Bvlgari B.ZERO1 XX Anniversary Global Launch

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Rihanna’s Best Moments At The BRITS

Rihanna’s Best Red Carpet Moments At The BRITS

16 Responses to Halle Berry In Sebastian Gunawan Couture – 2019 Costume Designers Guild Awards

1. kane February 26, 2019 at 11:15 pm #

Interesting silhouette.

2. Amy February 21, 2019 at 10:52 am #

You know what? I’ll take it. This is really different for Halle. I like the intricate design of the dress

3. Serena February 20, 2019 at 11:03 pm #

Ditto what everyone else has said. Great dress, esp for a costume designers’ awards show. Casual looseness of hair doesn’t go with the dress. Not sure if the shoes are the right match. And yes, someone with more of an edge/attitude would have probably done this more justice.

4. ChristinA February 20, 2019 at 9:51 pm #

I like the sandals but they don’t seem to be very flattering in combination with the dress. Something seems off with the proportions.

5. TeaAtTwo February 20, 2019 at 8:13 pm #

That hair really dilutes any coolness of the look. Blonde isn’t her colour. Plus, she herself doesn’t seem to be feeling it either. Feels so ‘let’s get this over with.

• Jess February 20, 2019 at 9:11 pm #

The dress is interesting – it’s got that going for it at least. The hair is matronly. It looks like she just parted it down the middle, tied it, and was like “meh I’m done now”.

• Jas February 21, 2019 at 2:00 am #

+2 everything about this look is great except the hair – it really ages her.

6. brat February 20, 2019 at 8:01 pm #

She’s so stunning and she’s been in such a style rut, I’m glad to see something different from her.

Yes, someone with a little more edge could have sold this better. But overall, I like this.

7. phee February 20, 2019 at 6:44 pm #

I have to agree with everyone here…the dress is awesome. outstanding…and a good fresh look finally, for her….yet, she’s not selling it. Someone with more edge needed to work this.
    Shame, cause that dress is so cool. It deserved to be on a best dressed poll.

8. CreoleLady February 20, 2019 at 3:28 pm #

I love this dress, the sandals too — just not so much on her. Not sure what it is, maybe the hair, which I still strongly dislike. Still, I like this far better than other recent looks.

9. Vizual Ninja February 20, 2019 at 2:39 pm #

I don’t like this design at all, the colour and material looks like some kind of nest. But I do appreciate her doing something different, and hope she continues.

10. Caroline February 20, 2019 at 2:23 pm #

I absolutely love this!

11. Charlotte February 20, 2019 at 1:47 pm #

This is a nice change from her !!!
    Still, as you said, she’s not really selling this look.

• meme February 20, 2019 at 3:08 pm #

12. Chris February 20, 2019 at 1:45 pm #

I read that she’s wearing Sebastian Gunawan Couture, not Ruth E. Carter. The brand also confirmed it.
    I like it, it’s much more interesting than her looks usually are. I agree though that some other people could’ve rocked this even better.

• Catherine Kallon February 20, 2019 at 2:14 pm #