Menu

February 14, 2019

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Dolce & Gabbana - 'Mental Health In Education' Conference

Prior to a romantic turn at the 100 Women In Finance gala dinner, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge attended the ‘Mental Health In Education’ conference on Wednesday (February 13) in London, England.

She showed the power of a good suit in Dolce & Gabbana.

The way the tweed skirt has been cut on the bias gives it flippy movement. This adds just enough softness to the buttoned-up structured jacket.

Her black accessories rendered an elegant finish for day, and enabled the gray and white threads of the fabric to be the focal point.

Credit: Getty

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Front Row @ Marc Jacobs Fall 2019

Front Row @ Marc Jacobs Fall 2019

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Gemma Chan In Mary Katrantzou - Captain Marvel Talent Tour Fan Event

Gemma Chan In Mary Katrantzou – Captain Marvel Talent Tour Fan Event

23 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Mental Health In Education’ Conference

1. Camilla February 15, 2019 at 7:50 am #

If you said this suit was from a 2004, 2006 collection, I would thoroughly believe you.

2. brat February 15, 2019 at 2:03 am #

Her hair is always goals, she looks great. I like this, the tweed and opaque black tights is such a typical British look.

I seriously doubt the Duchess is following any of the latest, virtue-signaling trends in regards to fashion labels. I haven’t seen D&G or Gucci be shunned by any major female celebs during this red carpet season, I doubt we will. Hollywood celebs who are far less insulated and generally consider themselves “woke” are still wearing them. But what I am talking about, the Duchess of Cambridge’s team is no doubt checking their social media faithfully to see who’s being “boycotted” this week. *sips tea*

Didn’t Dolce and Gabbana just win best dressed of the week last month? Okkkkk

• Anne-Marie February 15, 2019 at 6:03 am #

Amen to that!

• Nat123 February 15, 2019 at 10:39 pm #

Actually, best dressed of the week last week.

3. phee February 14, 2019 at 11:27 pm #

Its a nice look. Nothing exciting but it works well.

4. justme February 14, 2019 at 9:43 pm #

Gucci, D&G… interesting choices from her camp.

• Fee February 15, 2019 at 1:48 am #

5. Soho February 14, 2019 at 9:25 pm #

It kind of looks like this suit and the jacket the queen wore recently were cut from the same cloth 🙂

I do wish you would feature the queen too. I mean if we are showcasing the Duchesses, why not the Queen? Soho

• Cris February 15, 2019 at 8:38 am #

I kind of want that too!!!

6. TeaAtTwo February 14, 2019 at 9:19 pm #

Tut tut supporting D&G and not British designers. The look says I’m here for a serious issue whilst being approachable so it does it’s job if could have been more interesting.

7. lelaid February 14, 2019 at 8:27 pm #

Cannot believe someone who takes such care to use her clothing to convey messages would choose to wear Dolce & Gabbana. Repulsive.

8. Anita February 14, 2019 at 7:45 pm #

She puts the twee in tweed

9. anonymous as always February 14, 2019 at 7:24 pm #

If I am not mistaken her pumps are from TOD’S 🙂

10. CreoleLady February 14, 2019 at 7:16 pm #

Well she seems to be on a one woman brand rehabilitation tour of racially insensitive Italian brands.

• JHH February 14, 2019 at 7:24 pm #

Yes she is. As to the suit, yawn.

11. Laura February 14, 2019 at 7:10 pm #

I like the jacket and hate the skirt which looks like something my grandma would wear. A pair of well tailored trousers would have improved this look 100% and would also really suit her so i’m not sure why she sticks to this silhouette.

• MW February 14, 2019 at 10:23 pm #

+1 I also really dislike the flippy, just too short skirts, with jackets (this was also the issue with the magenta suit she wore some time ago). they’re just not a suit skirt.

I like the jacket too. And the hair obviously.

12. weiss February 14, 2019 at 7:05 pm #

I fail to see her as this serene fashion icon we are supposed to believe she is. I know royal style is conservative by definition, but this is generic and so was the gala dinner look. Her style is so boring…even by modest/conservative fashion standards. I guess is just so proper that it fails to have personality.

I guess is just a British Royal Family thing, because I don’t see other royal families style being this boring. Maxima of the Netherlands was out there giving us classic yet interesting looks even when she was princess.

• Martijn February 14, 2019 at 8:21 pm #

The British Royal Family is much more conservative in many ways, more even if you compare it to the Dutch one. So Maxima has always had quite a lot of freedom to wear what she wants, plus she has a huge personality.

Catherine seems more a discrete type, not so focused on fashion, more on doing her job as part of the familiy, and being the future Queen. So I guess she does not want to make a statement with her clothing.

• meme February 15, 2019 at 2:22 pm #

I don’t find her style boring. She’s on the conservative side and knows what works for her. Kate’s clothes are always impeccably tailored. She is, after all, going to become the Queen consort one day.

• Lauren February 16, 2019 at 2:20 am #

I don’t think she’s a fashion icon at all, but I think she is a style icon. She certainly has a set style, regardless of what anyone thinks.

13. meme February 14, 2019 at 6:58 pm #

Great suit. She has such fabulous hair.

14. Caroline February 14, 2019 at 6:55 pm #

I mean it’s a typical Kate look. Nothing new yet lovely.