Menu

January 31, 2019

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Givenchy – City University Visit

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Givenchy - City University Visit

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex surprised students as she arrived at City University in London today (January 31), where she was carrying out her first official engagement as patron of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.

Meghan, who was given the patronage from the Queen earlier this month, was wrapped up against the icy temperatures wearing an all-black look.

Her growing baby bump was on full display in the chic number, which comprised a Givenchy dress with pleated flowy georgette silk skirt and a Givenchy cape coat.

The Duchess has previously worn the coat on Remembrance Day.

As many of you have pointed out, going monochrome is her thing.

So much so that her purple Babaton by Artizia and red Sentaler moment from earlier in the month is starting to become a distance memory.

The one thing I love over yesterdays look, is the neat ballerina bun.

Dean Davidson earrings completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Viola Davis In Alice + Olivia - Jimmy Kimmel Live!

Viola Davis In Alice + Olivia – Jimmy Kimmel Live!

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon Features 'What Men Want' LA Premiere

‘What Men Want’ LA Premiere

31 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Givenchy – City University Visit

1. Dhppy February 1, 2019 at 4:43 pm #

I think she looks quite romantic. The bun and the flow of the dress with the napkin hem. Lovely.

2. CreoleLady February 1, 2019 at 1:48 am #

Love the top knot. I was otherwise, ahem, neutral (I had to, lol) on this look until I saw the third extra pic where she is walking in front of that man holding a closed umbrella.

He and the man beside her who is partially out of the frame have looks on their faces that make me itch to smack them upside their heads. But she is utterly stunning. Serene, confident, with perfect carriage and dainty ankles this far into her pregnancy.

3. Robyn January 31, 2019 at 9:15 pm #

I don’t think it is impossible to look chic and wear actual maternity wear. There seems to be an issue with some people that it is unnecessary to buy some great quality pieces of maternity wear. I loathe the tight bump exposing looks especially worn by women who never wore particularly body con looks before being pregnant, like the duchess.

4. Laura January 31, 2019 at 9:09 pm #

Chic, modern and elegant. I love all black as its timeless and reminds me of Audrey Hepburn.

• Fee February 1, 2019 at 8:49 pm #

5. phee January 31, 2019 at 8:58 pm #

boring and dull. so her usual.

6. Eva January 31, 2019 at 8:00 pm #

I love the top knot! How I wish mine was that full and neat. From the neck up she looks stunning.
    I’m not crazy about the outfit. It feels evening-like and too somber for a meet n’ great with students. Whilst I love the rewear, I also think the geometric lines of the coat look better when closed. Maybe with a different coat and a pop of color via the shoe?

7. brat January 31, 2019 at 7:55 pm #

I like her ballerina bun, it’s nice to see her recycling. I hope she continues with this trend, Kate is already the Queen of recycling, she just needs to be more creative when restyling said recycled outfits.

What better way to promote sustainable fashion then two of the worlds most famous royals leading by example. What’s the point of buying high quality designer pieces if you can’t wear them over and over again. As much as I love Hollywood glamour and fashion, they are the poster children for excess.

8. Stephanie January 31, 2019 at 7:15 pm #

I love this and she looks great, but I do wish she’d wear a color other than black for a celebration of her patronage. But then again, maybe she wants to draw more attention to the cause than her clothing…I’m torn.

9. Nat123 January 31, 2019 at 7:14 pm #

Another forgetable look. Plus, it looks like she is going to a funeral. But, I liked her hair in a bun.

10. olga January 31, 2019 at 7:08 pm #

I don’t like asymmetrical skirts in general, and this one is no exception. But while that’s clearly matter of personal preference, I think it’s objective that the coat just doesn’t fit.
    Her hair looks better than usual though, she looks good with a neat ballerina bun.

11. Catherine Kallon January 31, 2019 at 6:24 pm #

PLEASE CAN I ASK THAT YOU NOT RESORT TO PERSONAL ATTACKS TOWARDS ONE ANOTHER.

This is increasing on Meghan’s posts for some reason. Please keep things respectful while you disagree.

• Vizual Ninja January 31, 2019 at 9:38 pm #

It’s strange how she’s bringing out the worst in people, it’s like some kind of phenomenon.

• SilentVisitor January 31, 2019 at 11:39 pm #

She is the new Michelle Obama in terms of bringing out the worst in people; I would not wish on my worst enemy what MO had to go through from 2008-2016……

Anyway I predicted yesterday, she will be in dark blue well she is black so I will test my prediction next time she has an engagement…..

Neck up, she looks great; she is naturally stunning so that’s a given; I cannot distinguish anything behind her coat so this is an ok look

• Kelly February 1, 2019 at 1:43 am #

Hmmm I wonder what it is….

12. meme January 31, 2019 at 5:58 pm #

Who are you trying to insult? Is this necessary?

• AmyA January 31, 2019 at 6:06 pm #

I personally don’t find most of your comments necessary. Her makeup is terrible? The bottom of her skirt is sheer. Her SHOULDERS are apparently to pregnant for that coat. I mean come on. Your comments are not constructive and they feel personal so yes I tune out your comments on her posts.

• meme January 31, 2019 at 6:15 pm #

Then speak for yourself, not everyone else. I find this totally inappropriate and mean spirited. I would never call someone out because I don’t like their opinion. And opinions are personal.

• AmyA January 31, 2019 at 6:28 pm #

There is definitely something personal about your opinions. I didn’t realize you’re only allowed to be mean spirited about famous people. I’d like to return to tuning you out now thanks.

13. Ann January 31, 2019 at 5:42 pm #

I would add a hint of color with a pair of other-than-beige pumps. Like plum maybe?

14. TeaAtTwo January 31, 2019 at 5:30 pm #

I’m glad that I’m not the only one that thought memorial/funeral when first looking at this. I mean, would a berry or forest green shade hurt? Plus the boring shoes. Neck up, glowing.

15. meme January 31, 2019 at 4:54 pm #

The hem of the skirt is clearly sheer. I think she looks dour and her makeup is terrible. I can’t see what she has on under the coat so I can’t comment. The coat is not a maternity coat which is why the shoulders are bunched up. It’s just my opinion; you don’t have to agree with it.

16. Vizual Ninja January 31, 2019 at 4:47 pm #

She’s doing much better imo, the hairstyle is so cute on her.

17. miszzel January 31, 2019 at 4:36 pm #

I must say I quite like the outfit and also the hairstyle. I’m wondering why did she stop wearing her hair in retro waves? I think she wore it like this a lot back when she was an actress, it looked great on her.

• justme January 31, 2019 at 4:45 pm #

Yes, her hair and makeup were way more glamorous pre-royal family. I get that she’s afraid of being called too L.A/Hollywood because of it but they’re already using it against her so she might as well go back to that.

18. HL January 31, 2019 at 4:32 pm #

It’s a bit irrelevant but City has become part of Uni of London since 2015 or 2016. Therefore it’s City, University of London now.

19. Eni January 31, 2019 at 4:26 pm #

Love this look.

• Bee January 31, 2019 at 10:22 pm #

Love this look

20. meme January 31, 2019 at 4:09 pm #

I think she’s overdressed (sheer in the daytime?) and looks like she’s going to a funeral (and I LOVE black and wear it a lot). The only thing I like is her hair. I like Meghan but her style needs work.

• justme January 31, 2019 at 4:39 pm #

There’s literally a man with a suit, a bowler hat and a cane next to her. How is she overdressed with a tee shirt and a layered (not sheer) skirt?

• meme January 31, 2019 at 4:54 pm #