Menu

11.12.18

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Givenchy Haute Couture – The Fashion Awards 2018

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon feature Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Givenchy - The Fashion Awards 2018

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, joined Rosamund Pike at The Fashion Awards 2018 in London, England on Monday (December 10) to present the Designer of the Year award to Clare Waight Keller of Givenchy, who designed her wedding gown.

The royal was attired in custom Givenchy Haute Couture for the awards ceremony.

It was a suitable choice for the awards, but critics might question how appropriate it was in terms of royal protocol given that she wore a dress with bare shoulders and donned black nail polish. Furthermore, she wore open-toe sandals.

When Meghan stepped into the royal spotlight, we wanted her to shake things up. If that includes a bare shoulder, black nails and a peep a her toes that will drive those Daily Mail readers crazy, we are all for it, especially when she looks this good.

I would rank this in her top 10 looks of 2018.

She accessorized with Pippa Small gold bangles and Tamara Mellon ‘Karat’ sandals.

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex presents the award for British Designer of the Year Womenswear Award to Clare Waight Keller for Givenchy during The Fashion Awards 2018)

Tamara Mellon ‘Karat’ Sandals

Credit: Getty

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon feature Naomi Watts In Richard Quinn - The Fashion Awards 2018

Naomi Watts In Richard Quinn – The Fashion Awards 2018

Commenting Issues

Commenting Issues

95 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Givenchy Haute Couture – The Fashion Awards 2018

1. BB December 13, 2018 at 9:45 am #

Maybe we should’t talk about protocol because it’s clear that no one in the BRF follows this. Besides, we all know Meghan is a feminist and has never wanted to be judged by what she wears, but rather by the content in her brain, her charity work and how good a person she is.

It’s certainly normal for us to critique the choices she makes with her clothes and honestly, I don’t understand why people don’t understand that taste is subjective. While Catherine may not like a garment Meghan chooses to wear, some may like it, and vice-versa. I gather that because Meghan has been attacked on all fronts, that people feel they need to protect her. But we can all do it in a nicer way, without disrespecting a dissenting voice.

I think Meghan has had some great hits and some really bad outfits. I think she understands her role as a working royal- she sticks to outfits one would wear at a corporate job. That’s pretty normal. I still think her being n Suits and the characters wearing mostly corporate appropriate clothes and colours, is why she has chosen to dress the way she does at these engagements, which I would like to remind everyone that it’s actually them working.

It’s the big royal events, like weddings, Royal Ascot, Trooping the Colour, etc that I think we should be tougher on her. That’s when she can allow her Hollywood glamour side to come out.

And also, leave her baby bump alone. Of all the things to do, we can’t still be policing women. Let’s do better.

• Catherine Kallon December 13, 2018 at 10:07 am #

Thanks for this comment.

There are always very strong view on Meghan, and going forward we won’t mention protocol.

As some people have said below, they like to know, because they could see what she was challenging.

But we don’t want it to viewed as a negative.

• BB December 13, 2018 at 12:01 pm #

It’s just really ridiculous how these comments just spiral out of control. It’s normal for our views to be different- we all come from different walks of life, countries and ways of thinking. But for there to be this all out animosity between readers, it’s a problem. It’s very petulant of some of the readers of this great website and I assume we are all adults and should be able to handle conflict, especially something so silly as what someone chose to wear, easily.

I think you are doing a great job and kudos to you for always making us think broadly about fashion. It’s a pity some think this is an attack on people.

But yes, let’s rather leave out the protocol because it ends up being negative and unnecessary to the discourse when it’s all out war.

• Catherine Kallon December 13, 2018 at 12:04 pm #

Thanks BB

Really appreciate your kind words and feedback.

2. TinaL December 13, 2018 at 4:24 am #

She looks gorgeous, period.

3. Pratuysh December 12, 2018 at 1:20 pm #

It is important to remember that all things set aside, Meghan is not in line to being Queen. Just like Harry can get away with his Vegas shindigs, so can MM with her clothing.

What is unfair and uneducated, is to put Kate down by measuring her by Meghan’s stick. Point is simple. One will be Queen, another will not. One was a Hollywood celeb, the other is a celebrity of a different kind. and it all reflects.

Also, a shake-up is a good thing, but didn’t Meghan marry into the firm knowingly? And i wish she had spent some time (even appearing to) pay regard to rules. I am not sure if Katherine has compared the two, but I am quite tired of people pitting 2 different women against each other.

• Kathy Williams December 14, 2018 at 8:19 pm #

A simple quick Google search will reveal that The Fountain of Honor and main example to follow is Queen Elizabeth II. Early in her reign, when she had a slimmer more supple figure, she wore one shoulder and strapless gowns on many occasions. So did Princess Margaret, Princess Diana and more recently Sophie Wessex, Princess Eugenie and St. Catherine Cambridge. It seems if Meghan breathes would be breaking protocol if she breathed through her mouth or her nose. Go ahead, Google strapless, one shoulder and pick a royal. The only royals that may have never been so bold are probably the Queen Mother or Princess Anne. Heck even Zara Phillips had a tongue piercing. Why the double standard? And don’t get me started on colored nails. Again, a simple google search will put the protocol police out of commission!

4. Gloria December 12, 2018 at 1:40 am #

I am a quiet reader and visitor but without getting into the discussion below about race which I find inappropriate, there is definitely something wrong here:

example: on this post https://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2018/09/04/meghan-duchess-of-sussex-in-altuzarra-deitas-the-wellchild-awards/ –> MM wore trousers and one of the things mentioned is
    “I think it’s safe to say that the power suit is now Meghan’s go to look, even if though it’s been said this is going against royal protocol, as the Queen prefers female royals in dresses or skirts rather than trouser suits”

Needless to say, last week when KM wore trousers, nothing like that was mentioned.

I cannot recall any mention of protocol on the post of other royal ladies (I might be wrong here) so I won’t trade into unknown territories but the constant talk about protocol on MM posts is tiring.

That’s just one example. As poster Sonia said below (although, it could have been nicely), it is all BS.

There are certain posts which seem to attract certain type of folks; any post with Kim K. is an example.

A few visitors like me won’t be missed

Happy Holidays!

• Catherine Kallon December 12, 2018 at 8:32 am #

Thanks for your comment.

I have said many times that I have always wanted Meghan to shake things up. And breaking these “protocols” is one of those things within that shake up.

Had she not worn that pantsuit, I very much doubt Kate would’ve ever done so. So for me by Meghan doing that it was a great thing.

It’s always sad when a reader ends a comment informing that they won’t be returning to the site, but that is your prerogative.

Happy Holidays.

• bee December 12, 2018 at 10:10 am #

I really don’t understand the issue with all the Meghan and Kate comparisons regarding „royal protocol”. Kate’s been in the royal family for almost 10 years now while Meghan for like a year, she’s new and therefore she’s now under radar, how is that so hard to understand? And really, why do people even consider an innocent comment about her „shaking things up” offensive? Also gee, Catherine is just a person and every person has some preferences (many people f.e. seem to idolise everything Meghan Markle), why is she being attacked for that? She’s never been rude or trashy about anyone, her comments are always classy and brilliant, sometimes funny, never mean. It’s sad when people try to bash her for constructive criticism of someone’s fashion choices. Probably didn’t have to write all of that but well. Happy holidays to everyone too.

5. dina December 11, 2018 at 11:32 pm #

Ummm she looks good, but this is hardly ‘shaking things up’…

6. anna hajdrych December 11, 2018 at 8:41 pm #

Sleek and modern, perfect skin.

7. CN December 11, 2018 at 8:19 pm #

For me, this is the best she’s ever looked. I think the styling presents a holistic aesthetic that we really haven’t seen from her before. Often, she might be wearing something nice but the shoes are not quite right or whatever it is. Here, she really gives us a LEWK!

8. Vizual Ninja December 11, 2018 at 8:13 pm #

Wow at what this post turned it. I think fans of MM are just super defensive because of the hate that’s directed towards her so regularly in the news, social media etc(I get it). What will make a difference is to stop reading all the negative vitriol, stay away from sites/articles that normally have negative content or comments about her: you’d be surprised the effect reading toxic comments can do to you even as a supporter. Only then you’ll be able to distinguish, between what’s actually hate and what’s just harmless critique. I don’t see why pointing out it’s breaking protocol is a bad thing, we were all excited about her shaking things up and bending the rules like the commentary said, how else will we know she’s doing that unless it’s pointed out esp for those who are not familiar with what the protocols are in the first place.

• Caitlin December 11, 2018 at 10:20 pm #

Well said.

9. CÁSSIA December 11, 2018 at 7:20 pm #

C’mon guys, rules are made to be broken! I love it!

10. Whatever December 11, 2018 at 5:42 pm #

If you’re going to worry about things with little consequences such as who wore what, don’t make a fuss about black nail polish and a bare shoulder because that would be ridiculous. There are far more important things to worry about in the world.

11. LaLa December 11, 2018 at 4:58 pm #

Now THIS is how you do sleek and modern. Who cares about royal protocol/those old snobs when she looks this good? And given her history of fit problems, I think we should all be happy with the tailoring win here.

12. Luna December 11, 2018 at 12:08 pm #

Simplicity done at its best. This works on every level

13. CreoleLady December 11, 2018 at 11:55 am #

Beautiful.

• Eni December 11, 2018 at 12:05 pm #

• anonymous as always December 11, 2018 at 10:09 pm #

14. TeaAtTwo December 11, 2018 at 11:39 am #

It’s not even that amazing a design but it’s a great look from her. I would love for Meghan to wear some of the more dramatic couture pieces.

15. Lee Ann December 11, 2018 at 11:25 am #

I’m usually a harsh critic but I think she looks sleek and modern here. I like the styling and the bracelets . I think larger earrings would have been too much . As Chanel says always take one thing off when leaving the house .

• SV December 11, 2018 at 12:42 pm #

I 100% agree with you about larger earrings. She has a stunning face and her skin is glowing…..she does not need too much

I more than 100% agree with the sleek and modern comment. I do wish she can wear the more dramatic pieces as TeaAtTwo mentioned above.

16. Fee December 11, 2018 at 10:20 am #

Smokin’

17. Amy December 11, 2018 at 8:32 am #

This is a solid look. She looks great but not overdone which I think royals are always striving for.
    I like the shoes as well

18. miszzel December 11, 2018 at 7:44 am #

Not the right person to present anything connected with fashion, that’s for sure…

• phee December 11, 2018 at 8:09 am #

+100000000000000 to infinity

• Adelaide December 11, 2018 at 9:19 am #

THE DAMN LADY DESIGNED HER WEDDING DRESS! GET OVER YOURSELVES!

• LeeAnn December 11, 2018 at 11:11 am #

Sorry my exactly is for people who think she isn’t the right person to give the award . Get over yourselves big time .

• miszzel December 11, 2018 at 11:48 am #

And again, you can’t even say anything about Meghan without a bunch of people coming to defend her like she’s the Queen herself or someone like this – all I wanted to say it’s the fashion award and she’s the least inspiring person when it comes to fashion, same can be said about her cooperation with Givenchy. Clare Waight Keller, meanwhile, created one of the most boring and awfully constructed wedding dresses that didn’t even fit the poor bride – and she’s getting an award for the Designer of the Year? Funny.

• justme December 11, 2018 at 10:25 am #

She’s not the right person to present an award to the person who designed her wedding dress and who (according to Clare’s speech) she’s close to? Lol what?

19. justme December 11, 2018 at 7:34 am #

Bare shoulders, dark nail polish, sandals and a leg slit? Everything I love. She looked bomb.

I agree with those who wished for bigger earrings. Pippa Small have some pretty ones too.

• Lee Ann December 11, 2018 at 11:01 am #

Exactly .

20. phee December 11, 2018 at 5:37 am #

We need to get 20-40 year old royal fashion post pictures up here…
    I don’t know. and besides this site…I aint looking. But am curious.

Has there really been these awful restrictions??? cause I don’t remember.

but im old (er) than prob alot.

• phee December 11, 2018 at 5:57 am #

older ..meaning I have different mind set…. I don’t remember such strict rules. as there is now…
      or perhaps it just wasn’t talked about. I honestly am wondering….

• malluu December 12, 2018 at 12:18 am #

No, all of these strict protocol rules are nonsense made up by tabloids because the get lots of clicks by saying so and so broke royal protocol and it’s been repeated so much that people take it as fact. When Queen Elizabeth II was younger she wore strapless gowns and so did Princess Margaret but people have short memories and think that just because a 90 something year old woman doesn’t dress like thins now then it must mean that other members of the family can’t do it either. New “protocol” gets made up all the time to make digs at royal women that some people don’t like. I’ve been a royal watcher for a long time and I’ve seen people make up rules about heels being too high and nail polish not being allowed to criticize the Duchess of Cambridge and now they’re doing the same thing to the Duchess of Sussex. It’s a shame because none of these so called rules are true.

21. Caitlin December 11, 2018 at 4:35 am #

What a surprise, emotions are running ridiculously high on a Megan Markle post. Guys calm down, discussion about royal protocol is to be expected, no one is coming at MM with a pitchfork.

For the record I love this look.

• Eva December 11, 2018 at 5:51 pm #

Sure as clockwork, there is always drama on MM posts. Implying racism on Catherine’s part, really? Incidently, the defensive attitude of some of her fans incites more dislike than anything.
      It’s not the poor woman’s fault, of course – I too thinks this is a great great look! I thought I was over all the black/navy from her but this is so sleek I’ll give it a pass.

• Caitlin December 11, 2018 at 10:29 pm #

Exactly! It’s getting absurd. And you’re right, it stifles debate – one almost doesn’t wish to comment at all for fear of being attacked by her fans in response.

22. Grace December 11, 2018 at 3:29 am #

I love that she’s breaking old fashioned sexist protocols!!

• Lee Ann December 11, 2018 at 11:02 am #

They aren’t sexist FFS. The men have them too.

23. brat December 11, 2018 at 3:13 am #

This isn’t the most exciting look but it’s a smash Hit from Meghan. It’s sleek, fits perfectly and is styled well.

What’s bewildering to me is why Claire Keller is winning any awards. Must be an attempt to further ingratiate themselves with the BRF. This is the only good look Meghan has had in collaboration with Givenchy.
    That wedding dress was awful, and no amount of awards and fawning accolades will change that. It’s what first put Keller on the map to the world, and I remain thoroughly unimpressed with her.

• phee December 11, 2018 at 3:37 am #

• Nat123 December 11, 2018 at 3:41 am #

I agree with you. I don’t think Alexander McQueen designer won a award for Catherine’s dress which is more deserving than Meghan. This award seems like a made up award for Meghan and Claire.

• brat December 11, 2018 at 4:16 am #

It’s gotta be, I don’t know what Keller has done that’s impressive outside of dress the DOS. She’s done a right terrible job doing that. Her name makes multiple appearances on Meghan’s worst dressed list. This is the only look that is well done, the best I’ve seen from their collab all year.

• LeeAnn December 11, 2018 at 11:18 am #

She also was head designer at Chloe for many years and won various awards.

• Gloria December 11, 2018 at 12:56 pm #

Thank for pointing that out. It is amazing people think she won because she designed a wedding dress and is trying to get into whatever……….she won awards at Chloe too

• Nat123 December 11, 2018 at 4:52 pm #

I do know she was head designer for Chloe for many years. Actually, I loved her work there. I don’t think she is as good on Givenchy yet. I have never seen a good look designed by her that Meghan wore. There is always a problem of fitting, or cut, or fabric. This is the exception as it is almost impossible to do wrong a black dress. I prefer Riccardo Tisci Givenchy designs over Claire.

• Anne December 11, 2018 at 1:45 pm #

Actually, Sarah Burton did win the same award in 2011, the year she designed Duchess Kate’s wedding gown. Kate did not present the award. Instead, Samantha Cameron did. It’s an acknowledgement of creativity and a place in British history, whether it is an aesthetic everyone prefers or not.

• Nat123 December 11, 2018 at 4:53 pm #

Oh. I did not know that Anne. Thanks for the info. Sarah Burton is great at McQueen.

• JHH December 11, 2018 at 5:29 am #

“Must be an attempt to further ingratiate themselves with the BRF.” Must be an attempt by whom to ingratiate themselves with the BRF. Not disagreeing with your point that it is bewildering that Claire Keller is winning awards. Givenchy has had some good looks in 2017 (Rosamund Pike and Rooney Mara, and Mia Goth spring to mind) but, one of those good looks was not the wedding dress and none of Claire’s looks for the Duchess have been spectacular. Just wondering who is getting in good with the BRF by giving out this award.

• brat December 11, 2018 at 5:53 am #

Whatever organization hosts these fashion awards?

I don’t know anything about Keller’s work outside of Meghan Markle and she has been a terrible choice for her. Yes all those Givenchy looks you mentioned were amazing.

• Lee Ann December 11, 2018 at 11:06 am #

I beg to differ. The work she is doing at the Atelier is excellent . I also loved Rosie and Rosamund who both wore Givenchy . She is more that what she designs for the Royal Family . And Maria Garcia won last year and she absolutely sucks .

• Lee Ann December 11, 2018 at 11:08 am #

Oh and her wedding dress did not put Keller on the map she had been designing for Chloe and winning awards for at least 6-7 years before her move . She is extremely talented . Look at the Givenchy archives and what she has done in haute couture . She is more than Meghan

• justme December 11, 2018 at 11:20 am #

Thank you. How can you not know someone’s body of work but assuredly claim that they don’t deserve an award? The woman didn’t start her career with the BRF.

• Bee December 11, 2018 at 11:59 am #

And how is that relevant? It’s the designer of the year award and her year at Givenchy didn’t really deserve an award.

24. Cara December 11, 2018 at 3:10 am #

I think the leftward step of protocol is in keeping with the fact that this was “unannounced” so she was trying to fly under the radar and not be there as “royal” (per say, I know she can’t flip it on and off like a light switch) and be herself

I’m an avid royal watcher and she’s making a point to stand just left of protocol to maintain herself, she compromises sometimes but I think it’s clear she has a bigger picture in mind.

The dress does that for me– compromised in areas and her own statement in others.

25. JHH December 11, 2018 at 2:51 am #

Queen Elizabeth wore a strapless dress to her coronation. Princess Diana wore strapless dresses to formal functions while married to Prince Charles. Since when are royal protocol watchers opposed to female royals baring their shoulders? Oh, I know since Meghan became a royal. As to open toe shoes, how about when Kate wore some last year on some trip or the other. Anyway, me thinks FC must have been being sarcastic. The Duchess looks lovely here but I wish she had chosen better jewelry even though I know she has a pretty pared down style.

• Lauren December 11, 2018 at 3:40 am #

People said the same things when Kate wore the black strapless McQueen gown. People make up royal protocol rules, and then say women break them, when those things never a thing to begin with.

• Milla B. December 11, 2018 at 11:46 am #

Kate wore sandals with red nails pedicure in a former concentration camp in Poland.

• malluu December 12, 2018 at 12:29 am #

Queen Elizabeth II’s coronation gown wasn’t strapless but she did wear strapless gowns and so did Princess Margaret. People said a bunch of negative things about the Duchess of Cambridge breaking protocol when she married into the family too but it’s mostly died down since then. Things like the height of her heels, painted nails, skirt lengths, and bare shoulders. I think we can all agree that the “protocol” rules are just made up but they’ve been repeated in so many magazine articles that people believe them. I hope the criticism of the Duchess of Sussex dies down soon too.

26. Milly December 11, 2018 at 2:01 am #

I like it, it’s very chic. My only complaint is that she needed better earrings – she should have added a pair of dangly emerald earrings from granny’s vault.

27. phee December 11, 2018 at 1:40 am #

snooze alert

28. Sonia December 11, 2018 at 1:04 am #

Good Lord, there is no royal protocol for bare shoulders (a simple google search would have shown you the Queen in strapless gowns), nail polish or anything else. Stop perpetuating the stupidity of “critics” on non-existent royal protocol. I expect better from this site.

• SallyB December 11, 2018 at 2:36 am #

I just did some quick google searching, and you’re right. Especially for a fashion event like this one, there is no “royal protocol” regarding bare shoulders, dark nail polish, or sandals. At an official royal engagement, however, those same things could be considered “inappropriate”.

• Olivia December 11, 2018 at 2:46 am #

There was definitely a nicer way to word this.

• justme December 11, 2018 at 7:31 am #

Harsh delivery but I agree with the message. It wasn’t a good look when critics invented protocol rules for Michelle Obama in 2008, it’s not a good look when they do it to Meghan now.

29. yo December 11, 2018 at 1:03 am #

Stuff royal protocol! It’s exciting to watch her break all the rules.

30. Samantha December 11, 2018 at 12:42 am #

Maybe it’s because I’m an American, but I actually really like when she “breaks royal protocol” because it all sounds like nonsense to me anyway and I here for smashing the monarchy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Overall I’m kind of bored with this look, but she doesn’t look bad – just not super exciting. I feel like more golden accessories (maybe brighter earrings or rings?) would’ve made this better.

• Olivia December 11, 2018 at 12:59 am #

I agree. I think the royal fashion protocols are outdated. So what if she has her shoulders and toes out? She still looks classy and appropriate.

• malluu December 12, 2018 at 12:33 am #

They’re not outdated because they’re not true. I’ve been a royal watcher for many years and Queen Elizabeth II doesn’t care about any of the protocol rules made up by magazines and she’s even broken quite a few of them herself! The Duchess of Sussex looks stunning here.

31. Caroline December 11, 2018 at 12:41 am #

Perfection. One of her best looks ever.

32. AnnaP December 11, 2018 at 12:39 am #

You’re really starting to sound like you write for the Daily Mail. This protocol stuff is made up rubbish.

Incidentally, she looks absolutely stunning. I thought this was a fashion blog, not a platform to encourage protocol police and haters.

Princess Diana, the Queen, Kate, Princess Margaret, all royal women have worn dresses with bare shoulders, and black ones too – you only have to google them. Here’s one https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/427279083377048894/

And another https://www.eonline.com/uk/news/860007/the-epic-story-of-princess-diana-s-wedding-dress-3-months-25-feet-of-train-a-20-year-old-bride-and-a-fashion-legacy-for-the-ages

• Catherine Kallon December 11, 2018 at 7:39 am #

AnnaP, are you the same person who attacked me on Twitter the other day?

Anyway, please read the article. We love this look. We are clearly pointing out that some might say she broke royal protocol.

If you recall back in the early days that I was very excited about Meghan because I was looking forward to her shaking things up in the royal quarters.

• Bianca December 11, 2018 at 9:32 am #

Why is everything with Meghan related to whether she’s broken protocol or not, it seems like people just want her to fail….and she isn’t. Other royals have worn strapless dresses AT OFFICIAL EVENTS incl your snowflake Kate, but you say nothing. Meghan wasn’t at the awards in an official capacity. Quite hypocritical. This is just sad coming from a black woman running a site on women’s fashion. Nothing positive about her. And I’m saying all this as a fan of this site for the past 7 years. Your comments on Meghan’s posts vs Kate’s posts are telling. But she’s not here to please anyone so I get the negativity.

• Catherine Kallon December 11, 2018 at 9:56 am #

I didn’t realise my race was a issue here. I also didn’t realise that being a woman of colour means I have to automatically like everything she wears. I think that would be hypocritical.

You say that you have read this site for 7 years, then you know that there are certain things I like…one of those things being colour. Meghan wears a lot of black and navy.

To say that I have said nothing positive about her…is factually incorrect. I understand that she has a lot of stans, but I do not stan anyone excluding Lucy Liu.

Please re-read the article, which I didn’t write. It CLEARLY says that we’re happy she is shaking things up and that “protocols” aren’t stopping her from wearing what she wants to wear.

• ChelseaRucas December 11, 2018 at 12:36 pm #

I read the post and frankly speaking, it does sound like you were insinuating that MM broke royal protocol. I do agree you are alot harsher with MM, compared to Kate Middleton. If these said fashion royal protocols were as real as unicorn glitter dung, why even mentioned them to begin with?

• meme December 11, 2018 at 10:01 am #

Did you bother to read the post? So rude.

• Lee Ann December 11, 2018 at 11:22 am #

Wow no offense but you are an idiot bringing race into a fashion site

• miszzel December 11, 2018 at 11:51 am #

Wow that was beyond ridiculous.

• James December 11, 2018 at 5:47 pm #

I am a Black woman and her style is boring as hell even more than Kate’s and I thought that it wasn’t possible. Just my personal opinion.

• brat December 11, 2018 at 6:51 pm #

Dear Catherine,
            Never change who you are. Your site is a breath of fresh air and so is your authenticity. If I wanted to just scroll through pictures, there are so many forums I could go to. I come here for your opinion, we agree sometimes, sometimes we don’t. Your commitment to equal opportunity coverage in the fashion world has been demonstrated time and time again. Nowhere else can I go to a Western site and get coverage for Bollywood’s fashion or other big international stars who are not known in Hollywood.
            You are not the problem, Meghan’s emotionally deranged fans are. Imagine investing so much emotion in a complete stranger. The idolization of celebrities has reached full peak. I’m a woman of color and I support you. I find nothing problematic in your coverage, your detractors are the problem. Please don’t allow them to bully you.

They call themselves your fans but have somehow missed the many times you cheered for Meghan. You refrained from criticizing her wedding dress on her wedding day, even though the rest of the world had no problem calling it a flop. I couldn’t go to a fashion site on social media without seeing her dress getting absolutely dragged. I know you gave her a pass because you were rooting for her. Also, you’ve been calling Kate Middleton boring for the last 4 years, only very recently have you had positive things to say as she seems to be shaking her style rut up a bit. But let’s not let facts get in the way of their narrative.

If her opinion has you so triggered and so terribly offended, you are free to go elsewhere.

• miszzel December 11, 2018 at 7:56 pm #

+111111!

• Sarah Kay December 11, 2018 at 9:41 pm #

+22222222 x infinity.

Thank you, Brat. I would write my own five page long book about how much respect and admiration I have both for FC and for this site but Brat has already said everything perfectly.

• Lashae December 12, 2018 at 1:27 am #

+33333333 ita

• AnnieOh December 12, 2018 at 1:57 am #

+444444444

• tod December 12, 2018 at 9:31 am #

well said! FC don`t stop because of any negative comments.

• schoolbea December 11, 2018 at 10:37 am #

I haven’t commented on the site for ages, but… After working on discourse analysis and reading comprehension for years, all I can say is I wonder sometimes if some people actually do read the articles they criticise. It appears to me that either a) some people just want to attack something they don’t like about the site and use two words in the article as a poor excuse, or b) some people just look for what they want to find in the critic’s post… and find it, whether it is there or not.
      An referring to Katherine’s race is just baffling. Completely random to me. Please let me know where I got lost because it may be the case that I can’t read English properly anymore and I’m missing something.

• Leandra December 11, 2018 at 5:20 pm #

I’ve been missing your posts girlfriend. You always make a good point.

• Schoolbea December 12, 2018 at 12:55 am #

Aww, thank you, you made my day. Reading in the shadows whenever I can… I miss the interaction too, and learning about fashion from you and many others.

• Lee Ann December 11, 2018 at 11:16 am #

Anna P . Pull your head out of your butt. There certainly is royal protocol. This visit was private so she can have more flexibility it was not recorded in the court circular – if you even know what that is .

33. Vizual Ninja December 11, 2018 at 12:37 am #

She looks gorgeous, it’s a good maternity look. I read she was having twins, is that true? (I know wrong forum) but still exciting!

• Catherine Kallon December 11, 2018 at 10:22 am #

Twins would be awesome. I hadn’t heard that