Menu

Rita Ora In Marchesa, Ashton Michael & Julien Macdonald – ARIA Awards 2018

Rita Ora In Marchesa, Ashton Michael & Julien Macdonald - ARIA Awards 2018

We’re coming to the end of the year, and things are slowing down, but that doesn’t seem to apply to Rita Ora.

The British singer was on triple duty at 2018 ARIA Awards today (November 28) in Sydney, Australia, where she took to the red carpet before performing and presenting an award. So of course she needed three outfits.

Red Carpet: The mood was ethereal in Marchesa’s Spring 2019 gown. I love how this piece offers alluring petal-like tiers with ombre hues that exudes fantastical illusions. This is one of my favourites looks from Rita this year.

Rita Ora In Marchesa, Ashton Michael & Julien Macdonald - ARIA Awards 2018

Performance: This Ashton Michael has everything we expect from a performance piece nowadays (unless you are Florence Welch). Bodysuit, chaps, fishnet tights and sex appeal.

Presenting: No music awards ceremony can take place without at least one sighting of Julien Macdonald’s signature knitted dresses. This one perhaps one of his less revealing options.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Inma Cuesta In Naeem Khan - Men's Health 'Men of The Year' Awards 2018

Inma Cuesta In Naeem Khan – Men’s Health ‘Men of The Year’ Awards 2018

Rachel Brosnahan In Sally LaPointe - The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Rachel Brosnahan In Sally LaPointe – The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

13 Responses to Rita Ora In Marchesa, Ashton Michael & Julien Macdonald – ARIA Awards 2018

1. Caitlin November 28, 2018 at 10:23 pm #

Ugh, poor Australia. We always get the most desperate int’l celebs for these events (Rita Ora, and Mya lol). I like all three looks except I hate that Marchesa is seeping back into society, and again I don’t know why Rita was even here. She’s not well-known in Aus and I don’t think she has any music out.

• Bee November 28, 2018 at 10:40 pm #

Rita has just released her new album after 4 years I think.

2. Phee November 28, 2018 at 9:16 pm #

The Marchesa was great except she ruined it with harsh harsh hair color and stiff hairstyle. Plus the makeup also seems too much.
    Both the hair and makeup should of been more flowy/ethereal/delicate to match the dress.

Sadly a missed opportunity.

3. Fanny November 28, 2018 at 8:36 pm #

The Marchesa dress is beautiful on her. I think it’s one of her best looks ever.

4. Vuong November 28, 2018 at 6:51 pm #

She did not do the Marchesa dress justice. It looks so much better on the model.

5. alvarospain November 28, 2018 at 6:12 pm #

I love the Marchesa, too. BDOTW worthy. I think the hair is perfect, I like those waves.

6. Lara November 28, 2018 at 5:25 pm #

Similar to Kristen Stewart…I liked Kristen’s style better. https://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2017/11/12/kristen-stewart-julien-macdonald-31st-american-cinematheque-awards-gala/

• Catherine Kallon November 28, 2018 at 5:38 pm #

very much so

7. TeaAtTwo November 28, 2018 at 4:43 pm #

I like the Marchesa gown but her make-up and that hair shade just look harsh and on the cheap side.

8. Caroline November 28, 2018 at 3:56 pm #

LOVE the Marchesa. BDOTW.

9. Tina K November 28, 2018 at 3:37 pm #

The Marchesa is amazing. The construction of the dress and the layered ombre hues make it look so whimsical. Its an absolutely beautiful dress. I wish the hair and makeup were a bit subtle and soft but considering she had three such different outfit changes and had to consider them too while getting ready its a big win on the fashion front for Rita with this dress and in rather effortless way i might add.

10. miszzel November 28, 2018 at 3:34 pm #

Marchesa is lovely, but obviously the dress looks better on the model since the minimal styling and delicate makeup makes it look fairytale-like and on Rita it kinda balances on the edge of being tacky. Two other oufits are so typical for music awards that you can’t say much about them.

• Vizual Ninja November 28, 2018 at 3:51 pm #