Menu

29.10.18

2018 British Academy Britannia Awards

2018 British Academy Britannia Awards

Three more ladies joined Cate Blanchett and Viola Davis for the 2018 British Academy Britannia Awards in LA on Friday (October 26).

Elizabeth Debicki: We’re used to restrained style of glamour from Elizabeth, but on this occasion was having a bit more fun in this Prada Spring 2019 dress with gold sequins anchoring the piece as a seductive, show-stopper.

Michelle Rodriguez: I love the cut and silhouette of this Ulyana Sergeenko black velvet gown, but I wish Michelle had done something more glam with her hair. It kinda feels “same as always.”

Emilia Clarke: Dior’s Spring 2019 collection continues to be a favourite with celebs, despite only being a month old. I was starting to think that Emilia was sticking with suiting for a while, but this blue tulle bustier dress showcases her return to soft femininity. The Dior black wool jacket perhaps shows that she has one hand still on tailoring options. Christian Louboutin ‘T Cab Tie’ sandals and stunning earrings completed her look.

Prada Spring 2019

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Maggie Gyllenhaal In Nina Ricci - 21st SCAD Savannah Film Festival

Maggie Gyllenhaal In Nina Ricci – 21st SCAD Savannah Film Festival

'Nobody's Fool' New York Premiere

‘Nobody’s Fool’ New York Premiere

8 Responses to 2018 British Academy Britannia Awards

1. Ksenia October 30, 2018 at 4:35 pm #

I love that Emilia is unabashedly a Girly Girl, I just wish her girlyness wasn’t dampened down for the sake of A-Listyness. I want to see her have more fun, because her personality is such sunshine, and her stylist is Petra Flannery, who is great with a 90% success record. I wish Petra would push Emilia more and for Emilia to bounce off her, like my other love Carey Mulligan does with Petra.

2. TeaAtTwo October 30, 2018 at 1:03 am #

I feel Elizabeth’s dress for someone like Helen Mirren. Michelle looks good in that dress, doing something with her hair would have elevated the look but the occasion seems not too dressy. I think Emilia looks most gorgeous brunette and the blazer dulls the not so special dress.

3. Chris October 29, 2018 at 11:52 pm #

Meh.
    The color of Emilia’s dress is sad and I’m not a fan of the design either. Although a better color, like, almost any other color except for that grey, might have improved the overall impression, And the jacket over the shoulders looks a bit random here and doesn’t work that well with the dress.
    Not a fan of Elizabeth’s dress either, the shade of gold isn’t that nice and the black elements don’t work with it, the overall impression is a bit dated.
    Michelle looks alright.

4. Caroline October 29, 2018 at 11:47 pm #

Not a fan of any of these.

5. justme October 29, 2018 at 11:38 pm #

When Michelle Rodriguez is the best dressed…

• JHH October 30, 2018 at 12:17 am #

Exactly, none of these are any good. She is the best of the mediocre. Elizabeth’s dress is quite unflattering and cheap looking and Emilia’s dull and as said previously has a random jacket thrown on her shoulders.

• meme October 30, 2018 at 12:19 am #

You know it’s all bad. I don’t see anyone wearing that hideous Prada Spring 2019 “dress” on the model.

• JHH October 30, 2018 at 1:28 am #

That’s Elizabeth’s dress just with the gold where it is sheer on the model. At least Elizabeth’s dress, bad as it is, is not as horrendous as what that poor model had to wear.