Menu

October 26, 2018 Runway To Red Carpet

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Martin Grant – Tonga Visit Day 2

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Martin Grant - Tonga Visit Day 2

This morning (October 26) the Duke and Duchess of Sussex started their day by meeting with Tongan Prime Minister S. Akilisi Pohiva.

Once again Meghan Markle opted to wear another striped dress from Martin Grant, this time selecting a green-and-white striped cotton dress from the Spring 2019 collection.

Those of you who have been unimpressed with her hair during this tour, will be happy to see that she eschewed her typically relaxed hairstyles for a slicked-back ponytail.

A nude Prada clutch, diamond stud earrings from Birks and complementary green suede pumps completed her relaxed look which felt appropriate for the occasion.

Does anyone else feel that she’s gathering momentum? She felt all over the place in the beginning, but it feels like she’s hit a good stride.

Martin Grant Cotton Striped Dress

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

2018 InStyle Awards

2018 InStyle Awards

Louis Vuitton X Grace Coddington: New York City Pop-Up Opening Event

Louis Vuitton X Grace Coddington: New York City Pop-Up Opening Event

19 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Martin Grant – Tonga Visit Day 2

1. Maya S. October 30, 2018 at 7:45 pm #

she looks great. This outfit is so light and refreshing. I love it. Definitely love the ponytail as well.

2. Ksenia October 26, 2018 at 11:31 pm #

Meghan’s not boring me with her clothes! OMG!

Martin Grant is THE designer for her: his clothes are devastatingly chic and tailored to perfection. I still haven’t recovered from his brown suede coat (Look 5) from Resort 2017.

3. TeaAtTwo October 26, 2018 at 6:32 pm #

It’s nice, the stripes make it a bit more interesting and I like the neater hair.

4. brat October 26, 2018 at 3:50 pm #

Whelp I’m in the minority here, I adore a good striped shirtdress and olive green and I love this look. Most of these classic striped shirt dresses are in a blue or red stripe. I adore this small deviation with olive green and I adore olive green! The color suits her so well.

I also find it very flattering on her and for once it’s perfectly styled. I saw this dress from multiple angles and the fit was good.

Her looks over the tour have definitely progressed this week. This is my favorite informal look.

5. J October 26, 2018 at 2:59 pm #

The arms are too big on this dress and the neck looks like it’s choking her. She’s being swallowed. And like “justme” I hate olive green. A beautiful woman wearing an ugly dress.

6. Mimi October 26, 2018 at 1:46 pm #

She looks stunning with that ponytail! However that dress is awful and so unflattering.

• meme October 26, 2018 at 2:39 pm #

• Jess October 26, 2018 at 8:50 pm #

+1 I’m infinitely glad that her hair is tidy but the fit of the dress is off (yet again). It’s huge on her and she looks like she is swimming in it. The stripes are a nice change of pace though.

7. SilentVisitor October 26, 2018 at 1:21 pm #

Her face is her very best asset……….the woman is stunning; that 3rd picture is just wow!!!

This look is simple and to the point; it serves its purpose; someone has said Meghan is a working woman wardrobe inspiration and I do agree with that

8. justme October 26, 2018 at 1:07 pm #

I have an irrational hate of olive green but it’s a well styled look.

Her hair & makeup game remain great.

• brat October 26, 2018 at 4:16 pm #

I would agree about hair and makeup except it seems her bronzer gets heavier every time I see her, and not in a good way.

9. Sarah October 26, 2018 at 1:06 pm #

there seems to be…too much fabric, somehow. But her hair looks great!
    I loved loved loved the Oscar de la Renta dress she wore later.

10. Iva October 26, 2018 at 1:03 pm #

I don’t want to be one of ‘those people’ but I was wondering if you will post Kate’s Alexander McQueen look from he State Banquet at Buckingham Palace for The King and Queen of The Netherlands?
    I’m interested in your opinion on that dress.

As for Megan here – it’s an ok look.
    I prefer the messy bun.

• Sarah October 26, 2018 at 1:15 pm #

God I hated that dress. But she looked radiant with the jewellery and beauty look. A shame.

• meme October 26, 2018 at 2:38 pm #

I wasn’t crazy about that dress but her jewelry was awesome, especially that necklace. she looked every inch a Queen.

• Leah October 26, 2018 at 3:02 pm #

Queen Maxima looked stunning during this state visit , her 3 outfits were so good, especially her Jan Taminiau gown with the Stuart tiara at the state banquet!
        I didn’t like the fabric of Kate’s dress but she looked beautiful and I loved her jewels!

• Elema October 26, 2018 at 4:53 pm #

Fully agree what a moment !
          A shame that there is no post

• Anne-Marie October 26, 2018 at 3:17 pm #

Messy bun should retire for good, just like Duchess Kate’s LK Bennett Sledge shoes.

11. Cris October 26, 2018 at 12:59 pm #

I think such pattern makes her appear larger. It’s known that horizontal lines make you look bigger. But ignoring the print, which I’m not a fan of, she looks good.