Menu

October 24, 2018

Meghan, Duchess Of Sussex In Zimmerman – Fiji Visit

Meghan, Duchess Of Sussex In Zimmerman - Fiji Visit

Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex arrived into Fiji on Tuesday (October 23).

The Duchess wore a white dress by Australian designer Zimmerman, with a matching hat by Stephen Jones.

Her jewelery included earrings given to her by the Queen, and a bracelet which was a gift from Prince Charles.

I was going to say this was her most regal looked on the tour so far until I saw the creases. The fabric sadly didn’t hold out too well during the journey.

The look also broke royal protocol for the welcoming ceremony.

Rebecca English, who is a royal reporter for the Daily Mail and part of the press on tour with the couple explained on twitter that “…No-one is allowed to wear anything on their heads or have anything above their head like an umbrella.”

Credit: Getty

Amandla Stenberg In Valentino - 'The Hate U Give' London Film Festival Premiere

Amandla Stenberg In Valentino – ‘The Hate U Give’ London Film Festival Premiere

Saint Laurent In Saint Laurent - 'House of Cards' Season 6 World Premiere

Robin Wright In Saint Laurent & Sézane – ‘House of Cards’ Season 6 World Premiere

19 Responses to Meghan, Duchess Of Sussex In Zimmerman – Fiji Visit

1. Jas October 25, 2018 at 2:27 am #

It’s a lovely look, but again with the fit issues. I don’t hate the black accessories (much preferred over nude) but she could have worn ANY COLOUR with this ensemble.

2. TeaAtTwo October 24, 2018 at 6:16 pm #

I’d have preferred non black accessories but otherwise it’s an nice outfit.

3. Ksenia October 24, 2018 at 4:35 pm #

I love Meghan but my issue is that her style is as boring as Kate’s, when Meghan is in a different position to be a bit more interesting.

4. Jerusa Herrera October 24, 2018 at 3:41 pm #

She looks lovely. Surprisingly for me I don’t mind the black accessories,

5. phee October 24, 2018 at 3:00 pm #

Shes trying so darn annoyingly hard to fit in with the royals that theres no way she is a ‘protocol breaker’. I don’t know why media keeps insisting that. Its so obnoxious of them.
    Shes always dressed dulls-ville. Shes even more fashion boring than Katherine.

• SilentVisitor October 24, 2018 at 4:29 pm #

More boring than KM…… that’s not possible; not even close

This look looks great on her; I feel like on her posts, I spend more time staring at her face than the look……. LOL

I hope she deviates from Black/Navy/White; she looks great in Green and Blue; she will wear those more

6. meme October 24, 2018 at 2:40 pm #

She looks lovely.

I don’t understand that woman’s comment. Meghan’s not supposed to wear a hat? If it starts to rain, is she supposed to stand there and get wet? Someone please explain.

7. Camilla October 24, 2018 at 2:38 pm #

For me it’s just THUNK with the black shoes. I wish she’d chosen a coloured shoe or sandal.

• Caitlin October 25, 2018 at 4:21 am #

Totally agree! And in Fiji too, where it’s so hot!

8. justme October 24, 2018 at 2:29 pm #

It’s a shame about the creases because it’s a beautiful look.

Meghan is currently on tour with Samantha Cohen, the Queen’s former assistant private secretary. I trust her expertise over royal reporters who are creepily obsessed in making Meghan a protocol breaker.

• gabriela October 24, 2018 at 2:33 pm #

I’m glad to read this, because it seems to me exactly that.

• Anne-Marie October 24, 2018 at 3:02 pm #

From what I’ve understood, it’s not the royal protocol that’s been broken by wearing hat but Fijian tradition so it seems kind of disrespectful. Her stylist should have know that.

• justme October 24, 2018 at 4:50 pm #

Like I said, Samantha worked for The Queen for over 15 years. Her knowledge of British and foreign protocols is far more reliable than the one of royal reporters with an odd agenda and an access to Google.

9. Caroline October 24, 2018 at 2:27 pm #

Lovely.

10. AnnaP October 24, 2018 at 2:07 pm #

Re. the protocol take by the Daily Mail, the queen wore a hat at the Fiji welcoming ceremony https://people.com/royals/meghan-markle-prince-harry-recreate-fiji-balcony-moment-queen-elizabeth-prince-philip/

and so did Princess Diana https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/tradition/g24064094/royal-family-tour-fiji-photos/?slide=14

The Daily Mail and other UK media have had it in for the Duchess of Sussex from Day One and it’s exhausting. Their motive must be racism because other royals who do the same things never get criticised. It’s very sad.

Duchess Meghan looked poised and regal here and perfect for the occasion. She thrills with every look. I feel for her with the irrational hatred and fantasist crazies out there always trying to drag her down when she is such an asset for the RF.

• meme October 24, 2018 at 4:42 pm #

Thanks for those links. I’m tired of people picking on Meghan. She seems like a lovely woman and obviously she and Harry are crazy about each other. And people love her wherever she goes.

• JHH October 24, 2018 at 4:56 pm #

While I do not agree that the Duchess thrills with every look, I otherwise completely agree with AnnaP.

• Caitlin October 25, 2018 at 4:20 am #

No guys, she really did break a rule in this instance. It’s not unwarranted criticism, and not as emotional as you’re making out. There’s no “hate”. On Fijian tourism websites you’re specifically advised not to wear a hat or cover your head as it’s considered an insult to the village chief. Just a bit of cultural awareness her team should’ve been aware of, but like you say, she’s a lovely woman and I’m sure she’ll only improve as she adjusts to her new rule.

• Mel October 25, 2018 at 5:09 am #

Caitlin- Harry and Meghan were the guests of honor, the no hat thing wasn’t for them, it was for anyone else attending the ceremony. The tweet mentioned by Catherine is somewhat out of context as the reporter was talking about the rules given to her and others to follow. As Meghan is a royal representative of the Queen, she and Harry outrank the chief. I promise that Meghans staff did their research and she didn’t break any protocol.