Menu

12.10.18

International Day of The Girl Child

International Day of The Girl Child

Freida Pinto, Monica Nyiraguhabwa, Michelle Obama, Karlie Kloss and Zendaya appeared the Today Show to celebrate International Day of The Girl Child on Thursday (October 11).

Freida Pinto: The Indian actress wore an Elie Saab Fall 2018 garden green dress with lace panels which made the look feel infinitely feminine.

Monica Nyiraguhabwa: The fabulous Executive Director, representing the Girl Up Initiative opted for a fit and flare dress with a glorious African print that totally steals focus.

Michelle Obama: Every time I see Michelle Obama I miss her more and more. The former FLOTUS kept things simple and elegant in a white wrap Rachel Comey dress; reminding us all that she will always picks the right look for the right occasion, as the colour white was worn as a symbol of hope and female empowerment.

Karlie Kloss: This Brandon Maxwell Spring 2019 dress has my name written all over it, from the hot pink hue to the fitted silhouette and flutter sleeve design. Karlie looks in-cred-ible.  Thisis one of her best looks in a while.

Zendaya Coleman: The actress was clearly on Karlie’s wave length in the hot-pink department. Zendaya’s Sally LaPointe Spring 2019 cashmere tee and trouser shorts felt uber cool and effortless.  You won’t be surprised to learn that she styled her look with white pumps, courtesy of Christian Louboutin.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Katy Perry In Galia Lahav - QVC 'FFANY Shoes Gala

Katy Perry In Galia Lahav Couture – QVC ‘FFANY Shoes Gala

Zoe Kazan In Miu Miu - 'The Ballad Of Buster Scruggs' London Premiere

Zoe Kazan In Miu Miu – ‘The Ballad Of Buster Scruggs’ London Film Festival Premiere

19 Responses to International Day of The Girl Child

1. Ana October 15, 2018 at 6:10 pm #

Love them all… What’s not to love. A big bunch of power women!

2. Kay October 14, 2018 at 5:00 am #

Michelle is just so effortlessly classy, chic, stylish, etc. Everything she wears looks as if she went out, bought it herself and put the look together on her own, even though I’m sure that obviously isn’t the case for someone of her status. And I mean that in the best way possible. There’s nothing try-hard or pretentious about her style and I love and miss that!

3. brat October 14, 2018 at 1:39 am #

Michelle’s dress is just ok. Karli and Daya look fab.

4. laurie October 13, 2018 at 10:18 pm #

Karlie’s dress is tooooo tight.

5. Sassqueen October 13, 2018 at 6:04 pm #

Michelle karlie and zendaya look so so beautiful. They know their style and deliver perfectly.

6. Leila October 13, 2018 at 12:04 pm #

I miss Michelle too, first, maybe trite but the guns (biceps) signifying strength of mind more than physical strength or aesthetics, fun outfit choices that ranged from high street to high fashion that broke stuffy first lady dictats, not covering her head when she met Saudi sheikhs signifying not bowing down to patriachy or male entitlement and words of encouragement from time to time to bolster human spirit like the recent stance on the #metoo cleanup as a way forward for the next generation. I am all for Ms. Obama’s work towards strengthening and fostering female empowerment. The group of women photographed here are exceptional for breaking out of their mould by taking on challenges sometimes difficult. I also admire Ms. Obama for planting that organic vegetable garden and taking on childhood obesity. It’s the tiny things that steer social change.

7. Lee Ann October 13, 2018 at 11:54 am #

I think they all look terrific. Carly’s is a little tight but she can wear it and I adore her show choice. I wish she had worn a necklace as in runway as it needs something . M0’s dress fit is also a little off

8. Olivia October 13, 2018 at 8:44 am #

LOVE Karlie and Zendaya!!! Side note: I’ve never seen Zendaya look short until she stood next to Karlie Kloss 🙂 haha

• Lee Ann October 13, 2018 at 11:51 am #

I’m 5’9 and never felt short until I stood by her

9. phee October 13, 2018 at 5:41 am #

I am so tired of those stupid white pumps Zendaya always wears. done.
    Karlie looks best here.
    although they all look decent.

10. JHH October 13, 2018 at 4:20 am #

I am happy to see Mrs. Obama out doing her thing though I do not like the fit and fabric of the dress. the belt sits too high but maybe it’s caused by the pose. Even so, they all look great and I especially adore the dress worn by Monica Nyiraguhabwa because I enjoy seeing clothing made from African fabrics.

11. TeaAtTwo October 12, 2018 at 9:55 pm #

I love Monica’s and Karlie’s dresses, Michelle looks like a queen as per, Zendaya looks cool and approachable. Freida looks quite nice but I’d preferred a brighter green but I like the skirt panels.

12. CreoleLady October 12, 2018 at 9:49 pm #

The fab five.

• Karola October 12, 2018 at 10:05 pm #

🙂

13. TinaL October 12, 2018 at 9:45 pm #

Zendaya and Karlie, they look gorgeous

14. Amy October 12, 2018 at 8:44 pm #

Zendaya looks chic and effortless. Love it

15. meme October 12, 2018 at 7:48 pm #

Love Karli and Zendaya’s outfits, especially Karli. Michelle’s dress looks like a bathrobe to me.

16. justme October 12, 2018 at 7:31 pm #

Zendaya’s outfit is easily my fave out of the bunch. Cool and chic imo.

Michelle’s belt sits too high for me and I’m on the fence with the fabric.

• Iva October 12, 2018 at 8:31 pm #